Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm breaking up with Db....

1. Senior Member

I'm breaking up with Db....

Advertisements
    After a few months of turmoil and things not getting better, I have come to the conclusion that I have to do this...

We aren't right for each other. We aren't in the same place in our lives...we don't want the same things and honestly he is much too selfish to be with anyone right now. He can only focus on himself and what he wants to do, which is fine, but I can't be put at the bottom of his priority totem pole ANY longer.

I'm tired of feeling sad and wondering WHY he just doesn't care enough!! I know he loves me...and I love him more than anything and I think I always will. He is my best friend and when we are hanging out we get along great, it's just not right for us anymore.

I'm struggling with how to tell him, with how to break things off. I am scared to do it, I am scared to end it completely...I am going to miss him like crazy. All I can hope is that we can do this civilly and remain friends (at least eventually) I am scared for this new chapter in my life
  2. It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    Hesperia, Ca/Anchorage, Ak (Elmendorf AFB)
    Breakups are really tough, but you gotta do what's right for you. No way should you take backseat to EVERYTHING in his life. Here for you girlie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Oh there once was a girl who loved books
    A Bibliophile by her looks
    the teachers make her crazy
    what, do they think she's lazy
    When she laughs at work she gets looks
  3. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Awww hun I'm sorry, I wish I had any good advice for you. But you have to do what's best for you, and it sounds like you know what that is.
  4. Senior Member

I don't have any really good advice, but it's good that you're making the right decision for YOU. I know it's hard to end things with someone so close to you, but it takes a strong person to admit when things just aren't right.

If you ever need to talk, my PM box is always open!
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  5. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

I'm so sorry to hear this. Well be sure to take your time & think this through. It's not something you need to rush into. Have you talked to him about how you've been feeling? I think if you guys haven't talked about whats wrong, maybe you should try that first as it sounds like you still love him. If you have already tried that & he's not willing to work on things, then you are doing the right thing. My heart goes out to you cause it's never easy.

6. Senior Member
    I'm sorry you're going through this! I just broke up with my DB a few weeks ago for this same reason, but I was in your DB's situation. I couldn't give 100% of myself to him.. I love him very much, but I'm too focused on my own life to be with him. I also decided we just aren't right for each other, because if we were, I would WANT to give him 100%.

Anyway, I know it's hard. The hardest part is actually ending it.. but if you know it's the right thing to do, you will feel relieved after it's over. It's like losing your best friend, and it's difficult to do. It will take time to get over, but if you feel deep down that this is the right decision, you will be glad you did it.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i'm sorry heather

it absolutely sucks when you love someone, they love you, but the timing is off or you're just not compatible.

it's scary to make this change but i'm proud of you for doing what's right for you and for recognizing that your needs aren't being met.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by MissOptimistic View Post
    Awww hun I'm sorry, I wish I had any good advice for you. But you have to do what's best for you, and it sounds like you know what that is.

Sorry you are going through this
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmy13 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Well be sure to take your time & think this through. It's not something you need to rush into. Have you talked to him about how you've been feeling? I think if you guys haven't talked about whats wrong, maybe you should try that first as it sounds like you still love him. If you have already tried that & he's not willing to work on things, then you are doing the right thing. My heart goes out to you cause it's never easy.
    We went through a REALLY rough patch back in September...we briefly discussed how to fix things and jumped back into it. Well he refuses to "talk" anymore about it...he wants to move on and get things back to normal...however they are NOT normal...all of a sudden I am not important...and everytime I bring something up he changes the subject etc.
    I am definitely not rushing into anything...things have been bad since early September when he moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by rds1036 View Post
    I'm sorry you're going through this! I just broke up with my DB a few weeks ago for this same reason, but I was in your DB's situation. I couldn't give 100% of myself to him.. I love him very much, but I'm too focused on my own life to be with him. I also decided we just aren't right for each other, because if we were, I would WANT to give him 100%.

Anyway, I know it's hard. The hardest part is actually ending it.. but if you know it's the right thing to do, you will feel relieved after it's over. It's like losing your best friend, and it's difficult to do. It will take time to get over, but if you feel deep down that this is the right decision, you will be glad you did it.
    To the bolded....YES!! If I meant enough to him or if I was the "girl" for him he would be giving 100% I wouldn't have to ask him to spend time with me...he would WANT to.

I don't doubt that he loves me and cares about me...i'm just not his "one"
  10. Regular Member
    Breakups are rough, but you definitely shouldn't stay in a relationship when you aren't happy. Sorry that things didn't work out!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast