Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Well...

1. Regular Member

Well...

Advertisements
    It's been almost a month since DB and I decided to take a break. Well, it was really my decision because he told me he didnt know if he had the same feelings for me anymore and that he was scared that I would be waiting for something that might not be. He is deployed and has been for 5 months. Anyway, I have gotten better. I was a wreck the first week, but with the support of this forum and my friends, I have gotten a lot better. I have also started seeing a counselor to help my self confidence and self esteem. I still have high hopes that DB and I will be together again when he comes home because we both know we are great for each other, but I've come to realize that his feelings may not be there anymore, but if they arent, I know I will be okay without him. I know that if things dont work out with him, there will be someone else out there for me. Everything happens for a reason, whether it be you learn from a situation or you learn to move on.
  2. Senior Member
    good for you! You are right, you will be OK even if things don't work out. Keep working on your own personal growth.
  3. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    I happen to believe the same thing! It's good that you're being strong and keeping your chin up, it really is impossible to know how things are going to shake out, and you're handling it the best way possible! Keep up the positive outlook!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeIntoYou View Post
    It's been almost a month since DB and I decided to take a break. Well, it was really my decision because he told me he didnt know if he had the same feelings for me anymore and that he was scared that I would be waiting for something that might not be. He is deployed and has been for 5 months. Anyway, I have gotten better. I was a wreck the first week, but with the support of this forum and my friends, I have gotten a lot better. I have also started seeing a counselor to help my self confidence and self esteem. I still have high hopes that DB and I will be together again when he comes home because we both know we are great for each other, but I've come to realize that his feelings may not be there anymore, but if they arent, I know I will be okay without him. I know that if things dont work out with him, there will be someone else out there for me. Everything happens for a reason, whether it be you learn from a situation or you learn to move on.

I'm glad you found the support you were looking for to get through the first month of the breakup, there are people who aren't so fortunate. I think your attitude about the situation is in a good place right now, whatever is meant to be will be & there's no point in worrying about things that are beyond your control. I hope everything works out the way you want it to, but if it doesn't -- keep smiling.

5. Senior Member
    Your outlook is amazing. I admire that very much. Keep your chin up and working on YOU, and you will most definitely get through this.
  6. Senior Member
    You have an awesome attitude and I completely agree that whatever is meant to happen will be!

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!