Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Whitla is a sad panda.

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

Whitla is a sad panda.

Advertisements

i'm just sad and wanna get this out.

i dated this guy tex from march till august. right after we met he got orders to move to washington state, so it was kinda one of those things where we knew he was leaving, and we tried not to get too attached, but we did, but we still tried not to get too attached cause neither of us really wanted to do that LDR. finally i just called it quits because i'm not the type who can date and not get attached and i was starting to get resentful of him and i told him i wanted someone who i COULD get attached to. things were just so complicated towards him moving.

anyway, i hadn't heard from him since august. he moved at the end of that month and honestly, i've been pretty okay. i only cried once and within a few days i was back to dating and meeting new people. i just kinda pushed it away i guess.

but then on friday he emailed me on facebook and he asked how i was doing, told me he missed me, asked if he could text me. i said sure, and we've been texting back and forth all weekend and I AM SO SAD.

i don't GET it. i wasn't even this upset when we said goodbye and now i'm some basketcase. i feel like i just don't know what to do. last night he told me how much he misses me and i seriously started sobbing. he became my best friend and i miss playing with him and being stupid so much. i could seriously sit here and list 100 things i miss about him. and i KNOW he feels the same way. i don't doubt that he really cared about me, but there's just nothing we can do about it.

i don't want a boyfriend that lives in the opposite corner of the country. i don't want to see him a couple times a year. and he doesn't want that either. we both want someone who's physically present. and i clearly am not going to give up my life and goals here at such a young age for a relationship, so i just have to accept that this is how it's got to be and keep moving.

it just sucks to break up with someone, not because they were an asshole or lying POS, but because you just can't do the distance. i've never felt this way before.

i miss him.

2. Senior Member
    It sucks that you can't help who you fall for.
  3. Senior Member
    I've never been in a LDR so I have no advice there. I just hope you find out what's going to be best for you.
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

That does suck, but you're doing what you know is best right now. One day you'll be able to move on, and be able to talk to him and think about the good times without being sad. Or maybe some day something will bring you two back together. But for now, all you can do is what you know is best, and I'm proud of you for making that decision over the summer 'cuz I know it's hard.
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo_Bear View Post

That does suck, but you're doing what you know is best right now. One day you'll be able to move on, and be able to talk to him and think about the good times without being sad. Or maybe some day something will bring you two back together. But for now, all you can do is what you know is best, and I'm proud of you for making that decision over the summer 'cuz I know it's hard.
    i told him i hoped washington would just become part of canada so he could move back here. maybe in a few years he will. you never know lol.

i'm just telling myself if it's meant to be it'll be someday. who knows.

thanks yall.

6. Senior Member
    I'm sorry I hope oneday your paths will cross again and maybe you can both be in the right places to have a relationship in the future. You never know!
  7. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

I'm sorry chick! It really does suck when you find a great person & there end up being too many obsticles in your way. I agree its 10x's worse than ending things which a guys that was a jerk & not treating you right.
    Is he in the military? Is he going to be LD for a long time?
    I wish there was some way you two could work something out cause you both seem so happy with each other.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

if its meant to be, it will find a way to be
    *formerly Izzybee*
  9. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmy13 View Post
    I'm sorry chick! It really does suck when you find a great person & there end up being too many obsticles in your way. I agree its 10x's worse than ending things which a guys that was a jerk & not treating you right.
    Is he in the military? Is he going to be LD for a long time?
    I wish there was some way you two could work something out cause you both seem so happy with each other.
    yep he's in the navy. he'll be there for at least 3 years. then he can either reenlist or get out. if he reenlists he'll probably get sent back here to jax sooo who knows. when we broke up he told me all this and i was like "kay, call me then."

thanks everyone. sucky sucky sucky but i'll be fine. at least my faith in the male population was restored with this one.

10. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post
    yep he's in the navy. he'll be there for at least 3 years. then he can either reenlist or get out. if he reenlists he'll probably get sent back here to jax sooo who knows. when we broke up he told me all this and i was like "kay, call me then."

thanks everyone. sucky sucky sucky but i'll be fine. at least my faith in the male population was restored with this one.
    I'm glad someone's is, because mine sure isn't.