Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

Call me crazy

Advertisements
    But I don't think I'd mind dating another military man. Part of it for me was that it wasn't a HUGE deal when I was busy and he was too. I also know that I want to get the "lying jerk" out of my head. I just don't want to focus on his job, but I also know that's something is attractive to me, is that he HAS a job. I've talked to a few guys since exDB and I split and it just seems that very fact that a person has a job is taken for granted. "A job is a job, if I lose this one, I'll go find another", yeah right dude.

I just feel ready to date again, but time is definitely an issue for me. I don't have much and I'm and "all in or all out" person. I don't get in a relationship unless I see marriage potential.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    But I don't think I'd mind dating another military man. Part of it for me was that it wasn't a HUGE deal when I was busy and he was too. I also know that I want to get the "lying jerk" out of my head. I just don't want to focus on his job, but I also know that's something is attractive to me, is that he HAS a job. I've talked to a few guys since exDB and I split and it just seems that very fact that a person has a job is taken for granted. "A job is a job, if I lose this one, I'll go find another", yeah right dude.

I just feel ready to date again, but time is definitely an issue for me. I don't have much and I'm and "all in or all out" person. I don't get in a relationship unless I see marriage potential.
    I am totally there with you. I don't want to date anyone again unless they are "marriage potential." It's just too time consuming.
  3. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MUWgirl View Post
    I am totally there with you. I don't want to date anyone again unless they are "marriage potential." It's just too time consuming.
    Most people see that has insane, but I don't see why, I'm not into Mr. Right Now, it's Mr. Right or Mr. Wrong
  4. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i like to date boys that have a job, a strong work ethic, a car, and their own place. in my town 4 times out of 5 that means they're in the military . there are probably 20 military bases within 50 miles of me soooo what's a girl to do

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    My big thing is that I need a strong guy physically, mentally, and emotionally. I need a guy with a stable career or at least plans for one. I need a guy who has goals. Oh and I want a guy who likes country music.

This all pointed me to either firefighters, cops, or military men. They all just fit the bill of what I was looking for.
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Nothing wrong with that!! Many people here know that my exhusband is Navy... and so is my DH. I should explain that I didn't even MEET DH until over a year after my divorce from exH was final... don't want any confusion there LOL. It wasn't the Navy that caused our divorce. And I think DH thought it was kind of nice that when we met and started dating, I already was familiar with how things work in the Navy, so he didn't have to explain certain things to me (just things more specific to his particular job/duty). In a way, I was so used to certain parts of the military lifestyle (I was married to my ex from the time I was 19 to almost 27), it was easy to fall back into the routines naturally.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Nothing wrong with that!! Many people here know that my exhusband is Navy... and so is my DH. I should explain that I didn't even MEET DH until over a year after my divorce from exH was final... don't want any confusion there LOL. It wasn't the Navy that caused our divorce. And I think DH thought it was kind of nice that when we met and started dating, I already was familiar with how things work in the Navy, so he didn't have to explain certain things to me (just things more specific to his particular job/duty). In a way, I was so used to certain parts of the military lifestyle (I was married to my ex from the time I was 19 to almost 27), it was easy to fall back into the routines naturally.
    I'm and independent person, for me having a guy up my butt 24/7 gets old fast. For the time spent apart always made it better. I REALLY just want the "lying jerk" image out of my head for military guys. ExDb left a REALLY sour taste there. You'd have thought that he would have been less of jerk with how little we saw of each other, but nope.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I don't get in a relationship unless I see marriage potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUWgirl View Post

I never saw the point in dating a guy that you knew off the bat wasn't marriage potential

I never thought "Oh, he's the one!" or anything like that, but if there were qualities right away that I could NEVER see myself married to then why go through the process of getting attached? I think it's more of a self-preservation thing, really.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightingail View Post

I never saw the point in dating a guy that you knew off the bat wasn't marriage potential

I never thought "Oh, he's the one!" or anything like that, but if there were qualities right away that I could NEVER see myself married to then why go through the process of getting attached? I think it's more of a self-preservation thing, really.
    exactly. why put yourself in a relationship that isn't going to go anywhere. its just going to get yourself hurt. (this isn't directed at anyone, if it comes off that way. just a general statement)
  10. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieee View Post
    exactly. why put yourself in a relationship that isn't going to go anywhere. its just going to get yourself hurt. (this isn't directed at anyone, if it comes off that way. just a general statement)
    You're good, I've seen my friends do that though, they got tired of bein single and got with the first guy that seemed ok, didn't matter if it was compatible enough or not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast