Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, now what?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help So, now what?

Advertisements
    I'm angry. Angry that I wasted almost 2 years of my life on a selfish baby. I think I am beginning to see why all his other girlfriends broke up with him. I mean, if he acted this way with them, no freaking wonder. Angry that I stupid to think anything would ever change.

I'm glad it's over. I'd been thinking of ending it for months. But I didn't want to be "that" girl. You know the one. The one they all talk about. That girl who takes the chickens**t way out out sends a dear John letter while the guy is away. I'm sure we've all heard stories about girls like that. That urban legend is the whole reason why I had to fight with him for two months to get a POA. I was going to wait until he came home to see if things could be fixed or not. But they can't. He's too immature to be in an adult relationship. He says he wants us to be a team, but when it comes to actually being one, it's another story. Okay, so his name is on the title of the car. But I'm the one driving it. It's in my possession, but he's pissed when I say my car. Just little petty stuff like that.

Now, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I have power of attorney for him, because everything is in his name. Bank account, utilities, lease, car. I had to have the POA just to change his mailing address on the car insurance and at the post office. I have his cat. I'm not sure where to go from here.
  2. Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.
    Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.

Pm me if you need to talk.

Married my MSOS Wifey Fedface3266 9/24/10
  3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I'm so sorry I really hope and pray that everything gets figured out and worked out for your best

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I also spent two years of my life in a bad relationship. Please don't be too down on yourself. Maybe it seems like wasted time now, but you learned a lot of valuable lessons from it. Relationships are like any life experience, even failed ones teach you something!

If you're not happy who cares what anyone else thinks? Break up with him if that's what you need to do for you. I don't have any advice for the POA stuff but have some it sounds like it's going to be a lot to deal with.
  5. Senior Member
    Hugs to you!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Now is definitely time to show him that adults can still be cordial after a break up. Switch POA to a parent, and try to walk away with as little of his help as possible. If you keep the car, get it in your name.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by shandelier01 View Post
    Now is definitely time to show him that adults can still be cordial after a break up. Switch POA to a parent, and try to walk away with as little of his help as possible. If you keep the car, get it in your name.
    I can't leave. I have his cat. We've talked about all of this and come to an arrangement. I stay until he comes back, then I can go wherever I want. He doesn't trust his mother with anything, especially not his cat or a power of attorney.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misspurrmeow View Post
    I can't leave. I have his cat. We've talked about all of this and come to an arrangement. I stay until he comes back, then I can go wherever I want. He doesn't trust his mother with anything, especially not his cat or a power of attorney.
    Honestly I learned from my previous relationship ending that sometimes you have to worry about what's best for YOU and not for anybody else. It might seem like a bitchy thing to do, but he's not your problem anymore... PM me if you want to talk.. I just went through something very similar to you
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What's best for me right now is staying where I am at. Yeah, my family isn't here, and that sucks, but I have a really good therapist here, whereas back home, I wouldn't. Here, I'm not homeless. There, I would be. I've already thought about all this.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Suggestion: Take the power of attorney and put it somewhere that it can't be used by you. The fireplace, for example. You don't want him coming back complaining that he told you not to use it anymore, but you used it anyways.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast