Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting to breakdown

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries

I'm starting to breakdown

Advertisements
    So I'm going on the end of one LONG week of being single and not talking to him, but it's getting harder by the day. He's my best friend, I tell him everything and now I just can't...everything had to stop cold-turkey because he can't keep his peter in his pants.

Things happen during the day that I think ewww I need to tell him but I can't because that would be weakness and I'm not weak (on the outside) but I'm crumbling inside all I want to do is sit around and cry. I check my phone even though I know that he won't call or text it's like I'm waiting for him to realize he was dumb and tell me that. But even if he did that I wouldn't be able to take him back, I don't trust him...

UGH! I miss him! I'm still mad at him and I need a hug!

HELP!
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm sorry you're missing him, but it will get better.

And to be honest I think cold turkey is the best, yes it is a shock to get used to but I think it's better than the relationship dying a slow lingering death. Breakups have always been faster and more complete for me when I completely sever contact with the other person. And then you can always get back in touch later after the healing is done. I really think you're doing the best thing for you! Keep yourself busy and try not to dwell on it.
  3. Am
    It's okay to want to be "strong" in front of him but don't forget that you need an outlet to let go. It's okay to cry.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

I think once I got through the first full week, things started to get a little easier (after my last serious boyfriend before DH).

Come tell US all those little things you think "I gotta tell him..." I know it's not quite the same, but we're here for you anyway.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post

I think once I got through the first full week, things started to get a little easier (after my last serious boyfriend before DH).

Come tell US all those little things you think "I gotta tell him..." I know it's not quite the same, but we're here for you anyway.
    Trust me y'all would hate me if I told you all the crazy stuff I used to tell him about. Most of it is stupid inside joke sort of stuff. One of my good friend suggested that I start keeping a diary and she bought me a little notebook with a matching pen that fits in my purse. I'm gonna give it a try.
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Trust me y'all would hate me if I told you all the crazy stuff I used to tell him about. Most of it is stupid inside joke sort of stuff. One of my good friend suggested that I start keeping a diary and she bought me a little notebook with a matching pen that fits in my purse. I'm gonna give it a try.
    LOL yeah I can understand the crazy inside-joke kind of stuff.

Your friend had a great idea!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Senior Member
    I've always hated this saying, but it's so true... time heals all wounds.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish we could take away all your sadness

Hang in there I'm always here if you just need to talk.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm sorry you're having to go through this breakups suck, especially in your circumstance. It's always really hard to go from being best friends to having no contact, but it's just going to take time. Your friend had a great idea about keeping a journal, hopefully that'll help and be a good outlet for you. And remember you dont always have to be strong, even the strongest people have to cry sometimes
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

The first week or so is the worst.

10. Senior Member
    The grieving process is always difficult when you've been with someone for so long. I'm sorry that he didn't have the balls to be a real man, but in the long run you'll be happier. Give yourself time to cry out all your tears...you'll get through this
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast