Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to do...

1. Senior Member

What to do...

Advertisements
    I somewhat told xDF that he needed to figure out what i should do with his stuff, and he said he would arrange something with his sister....

but...

i was wondering if i should go thru all my stuff and find everything hes given me, and put it with his stuff too...

should i ask him? i know he probably doesn't want the stuff... and he has stuff that i've given him, that i probably won't get back....

anyone have opinions/suggestions?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. Am
    Do what feels right. I think your answer will vary depending on the item.
  3. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    If it's stuff you want to give back, or don't want around because of the memories or whatever, go for it. But I wouldn't make a blanket statement like "Yes, give him back everything of his and everything he's ever given you."
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    if it was a gift you are not required to give it back. If you don't want to keep it give it to him if you want to keep it save it.

I would just pack up everything and mail it to his sisters place or his place and limit contact with him.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Senior Member
    i guess you all are right, kind of depends on the item. like he gave me a penguin necklace, not like he'll want that back... or like a shirt, and he bought a textbook for me, that i ended up not using... but i want to give it back because its worth something on amazon....

but i know i'll have to send him an email in a week or so, to remind him that the stuff all needs to go....
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i say if it was rightly his, as in t-shirts, dvds, books, etc, return it.

if it was something he bought for you- necklace, textbook, etc, donate or throw it away.

i was so hurt by my ex that i wanted to give him back everything he's ever given me almost as a "screw you, i'm getting rid of you" and looking back on it, it didn't make a difference to him one way or the other.

if they're big items, i'd arrange something with his sister. if they're small items he can easily replace, toss/donate them.

cards, letters, jewelry, i would either hold onto or throw away when you're ready.

you are the bigger person here. don't worry about his shit too much. pack it all up and stick it in a corner somewhere till he arranges something with his sister. focus on healing and getting your life back on track.

7. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post

if it was something he bought for you- necklace, textbook, etc, donate or throw it away.

i was so hurt by my ex that i wanted to give him back everything he's ever given me almost as a "screw you, i'm getting rid of you" and looking back on it, it didn't make a difference to him one way or the other.

if they're big items, i'd arrange something with his sister. if they're small items he can easily replace, toss/donate them.

cards, letters, jewelry, i would either hold onto or throw away when you're ready.

you are the bigger person here. don't worry about his **** too much. pack it all up and stick it in a corner somewhere till he arranges something with his sister. focus on healing and getting your life back on track.
    Well put, Whitney. I agree.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post

you are the bigger person here. don't worry about his **** too much. pack it all up and stick it in a corner somewhere till he arranges something with his sister. focus on healing and getting your life back on track.
    I agree wholeheartedly.