Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I met someone new... He's great! Sooo what's my problem?!

1. Senior Member

I met someone new... He's great! Sooo what's my problem?!

Advertisements
    It's been months since I ended things with my ex-DB, and I have really moved on with my life. I met a great new guy named Kyle, and he's totally everything I could want out of a boyfriend. He's HOT, intelligent, has a sense of humor that matches mine, and he's a complete gentleman.

We've gone on a few dates and I had a really great time. We've kisses a few times (just sweet kisses, not a makeout sesh!). I'm into him for sure, but he is the first guy I've had feelings for since ex-DB and I'm feeling pretty anxious about it. He's such a great guy... why am I feeling this way?!
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Because you don't want to be hurt again. It's totally normal. It's a self preservation thing.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Senior Member
    I'm not sure why. Don't hang up on the ex. It might just be that it's new and different, not that you have issues with letting go, whatev...

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Senior Member

Focus on how he's better than your ex!

5. Pilot's Princess
    Pilot's Princess
    (Fellow Kelsey here!) Are you anxious in a good way? or bad way? Like the others said it probably has a low to do with not wanting to be hurt again. It took me a longgg time to get over the relationship before DB, but once I did, I opened myself up to find something wonderful: my pooks! Just make sure you're completely over your ex, if not it will bite you in the ass later on
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm finally starting to get over that anxious feeling. It will go away trust me. You'll start to realize how much better your life is now. It takes awhile but it melts away.
  7. Senior Member
    I'm not sure if the anxiety is good or bad... I really like spending time with this guy, but I totally feel like I have a wall up and don't know how to let my guard down I really don't want to rush into anything with anybody right now and I feel like it's hard to tell that to a guy you are interested in and is obviously interested in you!
  8. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Idk! It'll get better I'm sure. Right now, I'm in that phase where I cannot see myself with anyone but my DB.. even though the way things have been doesn't lead me to believe things will last.. KWIM?? You're probably just "rusty" on dating anyone else.. and dating is always nervewracking anyways!! That's why people stay in relationships! Lol! Good luck!!
  9. Senior Member
    He's SO cute... And so incredibly sweet... My dog has been sick and stopped eating, so he brought me all this gourmet dog food for the sick dog and a rawhide for the other dog!
  10. Senior Member
    I think the key is to take it slow - and if you feel like he's pushing saying 'hey I really like you but I recently got out of a relationship and just want to take this slow." That anxious feeling will go away in time - and if it doesn't then he's not the right one for you - promise.

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast