Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about moving on after love

1. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine

Question about moving on after love

Advertisements
    So I DO NOT want anything serious I am so totally not ready it is not a joke but I HATE being alone. So when would it be appropriate for me to start dating? I just want some fun, maybe someone to tell me I look hot. IDK, I have not done this in 8 years and am so in the blue.
  2. Moderator

I think if you're WANTING the fun stuff, you're ready for the fun stuff. Your heart tells you what you're ready for. I don't think there's any set time period. When I left my ex-husband, I started looking for fun within a few months. It was helpful in my healing process to let myself be pursued a little. I think so long as you're up front about what you're looking for, you can have a really great time and make some awesome friends while you're at it.
  3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    my only advice with dating for attention and a self confidence boost is that often times (for me at least) it sets me back in the moving on process. when you date for those reasons, you sometimes settle for someone not up to your standards. why does he have to be mr. perfect when you just wanna have some fun?

but for me, after every awful date and every disappointment with my just for fun guys, it often ended in hysterical tears because it made me miss my ex even more, and made me feel incredibly disheartened.

only you can say when you're ready, but i would advise starting the dating process only when you feel confident and happy on your own.

4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post
    my only advice with dating for attention and a self confidence boost is that often times (for me at least) it sets me back in the moving on process. when you date for those reasons, you sometimes settle for someone not up to your standards. why does he have to be mr. perfect when you just wanna have some fun?

but for me, after every awful date and every disappointment with my just for fun guys, it often ended in hysterical tears because it made me miss my ex even more, and made me feel incredibly disheartened.

only you can say when you're ready, but i would advise starting the dating process only when you feel confident and happy on your own.
    This was one of my concerns. The big issue is I have no clue what my standards are other than no drugs or criminal record (due to my job choice). I guess I should say no cheating or abuse either, that would be nice for a change.