Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to move one?

1. Living for Me <3
    Living for Me <3

What do you do to move one?

Advertisements
    It's been a couple months since my ex and I ended things. Life has gotten somewhat easier, but there are still days where I break down.

What things do you do to help get over a long relationship?

For me, I know it helps girls who are going through the same thing! Other then staying busy, I haven't found a good way to completely move on.
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Went through one of those last year, seriously one of the hardest things ever even though it seems like I've gone through worse.

I went for any escape that I could, especially with friends. The breakup with my ex-DB was sudden and random on my side of things, so I found so much relief in talking with my friends, trying to reason out what had possibly gone wrong...
    I cried all the time too, not just little tears but huge gigantic sobs. Was the best way to take out all of what I was feeling. Music was awesome too, I listened to the same songs over and over and over again.

Feel free to PM me anytime, I'd so love to listen!

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member
    Surround yourself with friends/family & crying isn't always a bad thing. Having old pictures or things from the relationship around probably isn't a good idea. Try new things & meet new people to get your mind off the past. You will make it through
  4. Your future hair stylist :)
    Your future hair stylist :)
    I went through a break up in March and it was the hardest thing i have went through..I was engaged to him also. The first day of the break up i sobbed non stop didnt eat at all that day nor get out of my room. The next day got up and out of bed got dressed went to pamper myself like clothes,hair and nails. I did things that made me happy and distracted me.I surrounded myself around people who made me laugh and that i knew i could talk to. Every day got better and better but until now i feel at peace with everything.. and im finally eating all the time now.

Everybody grieves through a break up differently there is no timeline on when you get over him.So just show him that im better then that .

If you need me PM im always here to listen.
    Everything happens for a reason...
  5. Senior Member
    Time.
    Just time.
  6. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by USCsemperfi View Post
    Time.
    Just time.
    ditto...keep yourself busy, but you're still grieving, so it may take a few more weeks, months, etc to get through the grieving process....if you need to let the tears fall, then let them fall.
  7. Senior Member
    One thing I did that made me feel a bit better was to clear my place of any reminders. It helped me with the realization that he will never be in my life again.......
    But really time is the ONLY thing that helped me pull through........
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    stay super busy. i take up hobbies, do housework, shop (ya im really bad with retail-therapy) and lastly, I find me a new date! lol For me, just going out and meeting new people works the best! It's nice to see that there are OTHER people out there interested in me other than my ex.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh, and if he was an a-hole and you want to just feel completely done with him, burn it all. pictures, stuffed animals, anything that reminds you of him. throw on some angry chick music and it's pretty liberating.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    My exDB (fiance and all), Air Force, was a hard one to get over. It took me a good 6 months to even think that I could live without him. Now 2 years later, I am happier than I ever thought was possible with a new guy, Army this time, and I am so thankful that things happened the way they did. (Don't worry, I didn't think at the time of the breakup I would EVER be able to say that.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast