Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm packing and leaving...

1. Senior Member

I'm packing and leaving...

Advertisements
    ...which is the line I heard on Friday evening. I was at work and DF was supposed to come and see me at work and didn't. I texted and asked him what was up and he basically sent me a line of confusing texts. "I'm honestly tired", "I'm burned out of this relationship", "our personalities aren't clicking anymore"..etc. I called him after this wave of texts and he said that he felt like we weren't happy anymore and we fight to much. In the past week, we've been a little tense, I didn't feel like we were spending enough time together because our schedules are very different. We didn't really fight about it, we were distant though. But we've had way worse fights than this and he didn't leave.
    Just 4 hours prior to this, I took him a sandwich at work and we hugged and he said everything would be ok...and then I hear "I'm packing and leaving." I asked him if he was coming back and he said he didn't know. I told him we need to talk in person and he agreed and we're going to tomorrow. I don't know if he needed to get away for a while and think or what.
    So I came home on Friday night, all of his clothes out of his dresser and his side of the closet are gone as well as his PS3 and games and supplements. The only things left are his uniforms, boots, and bedding from when he was stationed in VA. He went to his friends house, about 10 miles away, and when I texted him yesterday to come over and talk he said "not today, i've had a very bad day." I asked why and he didn't answer.
    I've never been so confused in my life. This is very out of character for him. I mean it might be more understandable if we'd had some huge blow up or something, but we didn't.
    I know the only thing I can do is wait until tomorrow and see what he says but I'm afraid it's not going to be good news. I've been preparing for the worst but I don't think preparing will help.
    Our wedding date is in 9 months and i've just dropped tons of money on my dress not to mention I can't afford our bills on my own. I haven't eaten in days and I can't stop crying. My thought is, if you're going to break it off, just freakin' do it! Don't make me wait all weekend.
    My hope, he'll come home tomorrow and sit down with me and we'll work everything out and try again. My fear, this won't be the case.
    I'm confused, sad, broken, and falling apart. Is it cold feet or is he really not happy? Can it be worked out?
  2. Senior Member
    . hon im so sorry
  3. Senior Member
    aww so sorry hang in there!
  4. his_meganina
    his_meganina
    Hang in there! Hugs!!! I'm so sorry for your situation.
    "No matter what you do, ALWAYS keep moving forward."

5. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

I'm sorry things aren't going so great right now. Maybe you guys just need some space and some time apart to remind you of what you'd miss. I hope things work out for you
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I'm so sorry. It sounds like this was rather sudden. I hope that you guys are able to talk very soon and work all of this out--at least figure out what's going on and why he felt like leaving.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    i hope it can all work out for the best.
  8. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

It might be cold feet...how long have you been living together? Maybe he's being influenced by his friends (guy friends are notorious for bad mouthing marriage if they themselves are not married.) OR maybe he really doesn't want to get married and when you bought the dress it all became real. That's what my dd said, when she bought her gown. She said that's when it all became real.

I'm guessing you're going to have to wait until tomorrow. But you have to ask yourself, is this the man you want to be married too? One that runs out on you at the least little bit of trouble or confusion? One that can't maturely sit down and discuss his feelings with you.

I am sorry, this is a horribly immature way your df is breaking things off with you. BUT it may be a blessing in disguise.
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    It might be cold feet...how long have you been living together? Maybe he's being influenced by his friends (guy friends are notorious for bad mouthing marriage if they themselves are not married.) OR maybe he really doesn't want to get married and when you bought the dress it all became real. That's what my dd said, when she bought her gown. She said that's when it all became real.

I'm guessing you're going to have to wait until tomorrow. But you have to ask yourself, is this the man you want to be married too? One that runs out on you at the least little bit of trouble or confusion? One that can't maturely sit down and discuss his feelings with you.

I am sorry, this is a horribly immature way your df is breaking things off with you. BUT it may be a blessing in disguise.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

10. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I'm so sorry.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast