Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel sort of like a loser...and need some discussion in here

1. Senior Member

Bang Head I feel sort of like a loser...and need some discussion in here

Advertisements
    so I'm thinking and thinking lately.

1. I really am not wanting to date or be in a relatonship at all right now...

2. Why do my relationships take so much work, and last so little time?

It just seems like I'm stuck in a rut, and I'm tired of men. I feel like if I get in another relationship, ever, it will end right away again. I feel so lost and like there is nothing to grasp for. Am I alone in this?

I know this is just a statement, but I'm opening it up to anything you want to say/advice/rant about/discuss here about stuff like this, go for it. Just a situation I'm in.

sorry for sharing my "feeling sorry for myself" moment lol
    Last edited by dancerdixy; 04-21-2010 at 11:50 PM.
  2. Senior Member
  3. Senior Member
  4. Senior Member
    I say just go with the flow of life... don't actively look for men to date or relationships to have. You'll know something is right and good if it's not hard- not to say relationships aren't work, but it won't be a constant battlefield.
    I think everyone has gone through this, so just keep your head up and do your thing girl!
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    You might have a fear of losing someone which makes you work too hard to keep a relationship, which turns men off. I'm guilty of doing that in the past.

I'm tired of men too. I think everyone deserves to take a break from dating and be selfish. While I date a lot, I'm beginning to think I'm too skeptical of men and too guarded to be in a relationship any time soon.

Idk. I have no advice really cause I have no love life to speak of, but that's what came to mind when I read this.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post
    You might have a fear of losing someone which makes you work too hard to keep a relationship, which turns men off. I'm guilty of doing that in the past.

I'm tired of men too. I think everyone deserves to take a break from dating and be selfish. While I date a lot, I'm beginning to think I'm too skeptical of men and too guarded to be in a relationship any time soon.

Idk. I have no advice really cause I have no love life to speak of, but that's what came to mind when I read this.
    oh my gosh that makes SO MUCH SENSE.
    I think I might have that fear. hmmm.
    you don't need a love life for advice, I'm an advice giver, I just can't stand back and accept my own problems to advise myself lol
    that makes SO MUCH SENSE. I must be...
  7. Surviving the craziness of life...
    Surviving the craziness of life...
    I feel very much the way you do. I know it all takes time and when you are ready it will happen and most likely you won't even be looking for it.
  8. Senior Member
    i think that if you do start dating that mybe you should go with the approach i call "fun dating" which is dating with no strings attached, you meet someone go out a few times get spoiled lol sometimes its nice to remember what its like to be chased and not be the one who gives it her all
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Life has a habit of handing you stuff when you least expect it. Believe me. It's a lesson I've learned over the past year. With my father and mother passing, I completely shut down my emotions for my sisters and step father and step mothers benefit. I had to stay strong for everyone else, when I was alone, I broke down completely! Eventually, I came out of my (for lack of a better term) cacoon and the world was beautiful again. My nephew was born the day before my birthday and 7 weeks after my mother passed, I met db. There was something special about him because as soon as I looked at him, I heard music. (There's a story behind that) I also had the feeling that there was something different about him, and if I wasn't right! He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am truly blessed to know him and have him in my life and heart. (Even if he doesn't feel as passionately about me as I do him, lol)

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D.'s<3Doll View Post
    I feel very much the way you do. I know it all takes time and when you are ready it will happen and most likely you won't even be looking for it.
    I actually finally found a friend to vent to, and we were eating ice cream, she and I somehow ended up deciding to drive past his house and scream at the house, it was HILLARIOUS and his sister saw the second time we went by

it HELPED. I'm feeling way better already. Flirting back with the guy that has been flirting online with me...I don't know...he found me through friend suggestions I think, but he's always chatting me up and I love the attention now that I'm not sad. The first time I was balling and was giving him yes and no answers lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast