Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: well this sucks...

1. Senior Member

well this sucks...

Advertisements
    so I thought I was all better, but then ex added a friend on fb last night and seeing him on my feed made me sad.

today I burst into tears because all the feelings came back for a while.

this is crazy! we only went out for two months, how did I get more close to him than any other bf I've ever had?

2. Senior Member
    Maybe you should delete him for now until you're ready to face it. I had a boyfriend in high school, who was friends with a lot of the same people as me, and I avoided situations where he might be there for a while. After a while...it was fine. You just have to realize that the two of you were not right for each other, and sometimes it takes a while.
  3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    eh. it's not length of time, it's just the nature of the relationship.

i dated my first love in high school for only a few months. maybe 6 or 7 or so. anyhoo, it took me a full year and a half to get fully over him and stop being sad. compare that to my last relationship, we were together for two years, and i was dating other people a month or so after we broke up.

you can block him from your news feed or just take him off facebook all together. that's what i did and it really does help.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Seeing things that makes memories come back is always hard!

Back when I was in high school I dated a guy for a year and a half... He was my first puppy love!!! lol and we broke up not because I wanted to but because I had to. He smoked weed behind my back (which at the time my family was struggling with my sister doing drugs and I didnt want anything to do with anyone that was doing drugs even if it was as small as weed) So I dumped him... Got together with another guy shortly after that... and all through that relationship I was still having what ifs and what not... well about a year and a half after we broke up I finally asked him to come over.... Just to see what would happen... he came over and as soon as he walked through my front door I couldnt wait for him to leave! I was always thinking about how things used to be but what I hadnt realized was that I had grown up and changed so much in that amount of time and he stayed the same... and I found him really annoying.

It cured me of missing him instantly.

I hope you can find something that'll do that for you as well!
  5. im lovin my emilee and my hubby
    im lovin my emilee and my hubby
    it took me about a year or two to get over this one guy i liked in high school we had a on again off again thing going on. and now that im married he wants to be with me but i cut him out of my life the sucky part is he works at my favorite pizza place and we go to the same church so i picked a different time to go so i dnt run into him and i get pizza from another place it suxs
    867-5309 Love_my_airmanNP, and chicalelo are my sister wives
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I was going to suggest deleting him too but then if you ever DO want to see what he's up to or talk to him you wouldn't be able to. Maybe just make it so his posts/activities don't show up on your feed?

Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Senior Member
    well at least I know I'm not alone lol
  8. Senior Member
    It happens sometimes...... The only way to get over it is with time.....