Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Time heals all wounds......

1. Senior Member

Time heals all wounds......

Advertisements
    WARNING: THIS IS LOOOONG

This is actually a story I wanted to share that happened to me yesterday and is for anyone who has gone through a rough time with someone you loved and felt you would never move on

Yesterday I saw an ex of mine and he waved at me from afar......I was driving to my moms and he was in her neighborhood bc he works for the city that she lives in.........

Heres a background story:

We will call him "T".
    I knew about T through his father who was a preacher at the church I went to. His father mentioned, one morning after service, that his son (T) had seen me around town and was asking about me the last Sunday service. I had NO clue who his son was so I apologized and we all carried on.
    I was at the gym one night when I saw this guy looking at me and he waved when I looked his way. So I waved back. Turns out he was the infamous T my preacher was telling me about. He was extremely good looking. Blonde hair, gorgeous blue eyes and was there training for football......We talked for a bit, hit it off and from that point on we started dating.
    We were on and off for about a year and a half. Mainly bc of his ex wife who was a PSYCHO! (Thats a whole different story of its own with more drama than will fit on this thread probably lol) I loved him so much but she would drive me NUTS!!!!!!
    His ex wife used to lie ALL the time! We would ALWAYS catch her lies and shed turn into a stuttering sally when confronted by the truth.....during the course of our relationship, he always used to B**** about his daughters mom and what a liar she was and how crazy she is and how he cant stand liars.....which is totally understandable.
    The last time I was with him intimately was an April. At that point we were pretty much at the end of our relationship. He ended it a little after that but I had fallen in love with him and I was willing to give him his space if he needed it, hoping that he would see someday how much I loved him.
    We were not together anymore after that night but we still remained friends and he would always call me to check up on me. He was a really nice guy but he wasnt "Ready" for any type of a relationship, as he put it.....

Im at the gym a couple months after that and this girl stares at me the whole time im working out. I try to ignore her and even give her a dirty look bc she is making it obvious that she is staring at me. She walks up to me in the middle of my work out....... She said my FIRST AND LAST NAME!!!!!! as she stood in front of me.
    I freaked thinking who the hell is this girl........and she saw how startled I was so she continued:

"Oh im sorry, I saw you on my boyfriends page on myspace" (this is one of the reasons I dont have myspace anymore. I ALWAYS used to get random girls message me or walk up to me on the streets)

I faked laughed and ask who her boyfriend was...........Guess whos name she said..........Yep. Good ol' nice guy T
    I asked how long they had been going out for ............"Oh almost a year"

I honestly felt like someone punched me in the stomach. Tore my heart out, chewed it up and spit it out in the blender and hit "Ice Crush". I had to hold back my tears and I wanted to say to her.... well guess what!?!?! I F**** ur boyfriend a couple months ago.........
    I held my tongue from saying anything nasty to her bc i didnt want to cause a scene at the gym. Plus I was sure she didnt know what was going on so it wasnt HER fault. So I smiled at her and told her it was nice to meet her. She smiled back and went her way.
    Needless to say i was so upset that I stormed out of the gym.
    I started hyperventilating as soon as I got out of the gym. I got into my car CRYING so hard I could barely breathe. I was so heartbroken that he did this to me. I immediately called him but got his V.M and left him a message telling him I just met his girlfriend of a year and he needs to delete my number and I will delete him. That he did everything he hated his ex wife for. He lied to me and to his current girlfriend.......
    I just couldnt believe T and I were going out and he was sleeping with ME AND HER!!!!!! THATS SO DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!
    I was heartbroken for the longest time and always was tempted to text him, email him or call him.
    I cried bc I missed him, I missed his daughter and I missed what I thought we had. I cried bc even though he did that to me, I still loved him.
    I finally deleted T's number a month after I said I had.
    I havent talked to him since that night. I even stopped going to his church bc I didnt want to see him anymore. I never even got an apology from him that night I left him the message and I think thats what hurt the worst.

Back to yesterday:

Yesterday he saw me driving and had slowed down enough for me to see who he was..........he smiled and waved.........
    I realized it was T bc he was in a truck with the cities logo and always used to pass by my moms neighborhood.
    I slowed down, Stopped smiled and waved and drove off to see my mom.....

Years after it happened I find myself holding no grudge and Im not looking for an apology anymore. The man I thought had my heart was now an acquaintance that I did not give much thought to anymore. I kept myself busy the time after that night in June and didnt give in to my temptation to talk to him.

My heart goes out to anyone who went through a bad breakup. Its the worst feeling in the world.
    Remember the saying "time heals all wounds"..........it lived up to everything I could have ever imagined.
  2. Lauralicious
    Lauralicious
    Blog Entries
    awww dude, i am glad you feel about it that way. Break ups are really hard, but yes time heals all wounds, like you said. No grudge no nothing, that's good
    Distance Divas

3. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    you're so sweet for sharing this story i'm happy that you have found peace and happiness and the love you deserve.

4. Senior Member
    I can look back on it and just feel it was the right choice.

Thanks whitney it feels good to be happy finally.....
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy_ View Post
    I can look back on it and just feel it was the right choice.

Thanks whitney it feels good to be happy finally.....
    love that feeling.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dang you are one strong woman.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmilton View Post
    dang you are one strong woman.
    When I look back on it I feel like I over reacted and should of just let it go immediately bc he didnt even appreciate me if he had the nerve to do that but I dont think bad of him. I dont really think anything of him.........
    Thank you though!!!!!!!!!!!