Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is there?

1. Senior Member

Is there?

Advertisements
    Is there life after love? Certainly doesn't feel like it. We have had a very challenging relationship for 2 years. I always knew I was way more into him than he was to me. I continue to hope he would come around. He called me today from the sandbox and we were talking about his upcoming PCS and he pretty much laid everything out. He doesn't want to keep seeing me getting hurt. He doesn't know what to do. He said where does this stop. He is not sure where go from here but he things cutting off communication may be the best way to help me move on.

I have already pretty much prepared his next two care packages so I am going to send them out and then will desperately try not to send anymore.

Of course, we live together so I get to relive this nightmare when he comes home to get his stuff and who knows what will happen when he does come home.

We have been so back and forth I have always known this was likely. He always calls us friends even though we act like much more.

I am so heartbroken and feel so alone. I don't know how to get through this. Everyone keeps telling me it's his loss but I feel like it is mine.
    Last edited by New2This; 03-11-2010 at 12:54 AM.
  2. You are here.
    You are here.
    Yes there is life after love, and love after heartbreak. Right now it may not feel like you'll ever love someone again, and vice versa, but when the time comes, and when you're on your way to healing from this heartbreak, and your time has come to finish grieving the end of this relationship, you'll find someone that will be worthy of your love unconditionally. I'm sorry you're feeling like its your loss, but its not. I know right now its easier to say it than to believe it, but you'll look back on this a few months or even a few years from now and realize that this was just a bump in the road. I'm sorry you're going through this, and yes, I fully believe its his loss.
  3. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    I just saw this.. life DOES go on, it just may take some time. I don't really know your history with him, but could this just be stress getting the best of him? Stress bringing up some doubts he's had before and now they are just surfacing because of the distance?