Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I said goodbye.

1. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    me and 2010 are going to bffs!

I said goodbye.

Advertisements
    So last night, I went out with my best friend and her fiance. We were having fun, singing kareoke, it was a very good night. Till I look across the bar and see Mike (if you've read my previous posts last year, you know this scum). I decided I was not going to let this get me down. He didn't come up to me at all in the bar. But I go outside to call my mom, to tell her when I'd be home and he's out there. I go to walk back inside and he grabs my arm. This is how it goes...

Him - Are going to talk to me
    Me - No now leave me alone and don't touch me
    Him - We need to talk
    Me - You need to get out of my life (I pushed him away but he wouldn't move)
    Him - What is your problem?
    Me - You're my problem. Your lies, your games, your immaturity. You sitting there saying me joining the Army was because of you and that I'd be nowhere without you.
    Him - Well I mean..
    Me - No Mike. I left as quickly as I did because I didn't want to be home when you got back from Afghanistan, Yes, that is true. But I joined the Army FOR MYSELF. And newsflash I've been without you for a year and I am doing DAMN GOOD for myself.
    Him - Why are you being like this. I love you and I miss you so much
    Me - That's cool. You had 2 years to treat me right and you didn't. I am done. I've been done. I realized I am a strong beautiful amazing woman and I have someone who APPRECIATES ME AND LOVES ME for that. I want nothing to do with you.
    Him - Why do you hate me?
    Me - I don't hate you. You were a HUGE part of my life and I am putting that in the past, for good. I don't want anymore contact between us, just LET ME GO.
    Him - I can't let you go. I love you. I don't want to lose you
    Me - you lost me a long time ago. Just let me go. Because I'm gone. I am better than this, than what you can offer and have done. I am not ending this on bad terms (He tried to talk I told him to shut up and listen) There is not hatred here. But I've been trying to get you out of my life for a year. It's over. For good. No more phones calls, emails, if you see me out when I'm home, don't talk to me. Have a safe and happy new year and good luck. And GOODBYE.

And I walked away. I promised I wouldn't cry. It felt good to just.. say all of that. I know some people might say I shouldn't of talked to him, but everytime I've seen him, it's arguing and yelling. I just wanted to say Goodbye, peacefully and finally. It's final. I had him blocked to where he can't call my phone. Blocked on everything else also. I am happy. I said goodbye to an amazing year of changes and a terrible part of my past.

Sorry it's so long!

Rockellexo is my wifey loveyou rachypoo!

2. Anyway...
    Anyway...

I dont think its bad that you talked to him, that was your closure. Now you can fully heal.

Arianna Marie
    12/20/10
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Last edited by ashblaine30; 01-06-2010 at 11:46 AM.
  4. Senior Member
    He was the one who initiated the conversation and you had a chance for closure. I hope he gets the point and stops bugging you. I'm glad you are in a happier place.
  5. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    Thanks ladies. I was a little nervous to get negative feedback, because he was such a bad part of my life. But he even knows I'm with J, I don't hide it. I guess I just needed that chance to say goodbye on a better note than fighting. I think he will get the hint now. If not, it's not like he can come bother me in Korea!

6. Senior Member

Closure is great, isn't it?
  7. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Good job! I'm glad you stood your ground, girl!
  8. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by decks View Post
    Closure is great, isn't it?
    It really is. And saying goodbye without letting him speak was even better. I know it's going to sound weird, I have moved on. I'm happy with J and I love him so much. There was just unsaid words that needed to be said and I feel so much better. I love 2010 already!

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't sound weird; you sound healed. Congrats.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    You stood up for yourself and that's all that counts. You need to tell him how you felt and how you wanted no more communication with him. I'm proud of you
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast