Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tis the season to be... driven up a wall?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Tis the season to be... driven up a wall?

Advertisements
    So my old account was AdamsArmyWife and well this new one is due to the fact that divorce is on the horizon. It has been for awhile. If you havent read the posts on my previous account in Venting here is a recap.

When I had our son, Adam disconnected himself completely and ignored myself and my son. We were living with my parents because we had moved back to PA from IL. He called my mom the C word... and when you do that and live under that persons roof, you tend to lose your shelter... so he did and me, being the faithful wife dragged myself and our son with him to some s**tty motel for 3 months. We split up and I moved back home in May. He went to live with his family in IL for May, June, July, August and September.
    When he came back for a visit, we decided to try again. We had a whole day of coming clean to one another. Except, he lied. I found out he was sleeping with this 16 year old girl and she might be pregnant with his kid ( I found out from HER mom). Well he went away for his change of MOS basic training and I told him that I needed time to try and forgive him for lying. It would have been different if he just told the truth honestly. Anyway, I couldn't get over it. And finally after many nights crying myself to sleep and fighting myself to try and think positive and many counselor visits for this and postpartum, I gave up.

Like I said, that was a long story short so it may seem like I gave up for small reasons but the disrespect he showed my family, me and worst off, our son, is just... well damn ridiculous.

He came back for our son's first Christmas and I have an apartment. He stayed on a nearby base. I wanted to bring our son over for Christmas and he said that if I wouldnt have Christmas at my new place, he didnt want it at all and didnt care if he saw our son or not. He then called his insane mother and she drove all the way from Fing Illinois to pick him up on Christmas Eve. This woman is not allowed near my son because she is unstable and violent, so I took my son and left. I missed Christmas with my parents and sibilings and grandparents because I couldn't trust they wouldn't show up and try to start things. I didn't want my family's Christmas ruined so I just left. (I cant understand why he would spend them money to come here for CHristmas and then say it doesnt matter. WOuldnt you fight to see your kids every chance you got? not jus tthe holiday? Ugh. I don't understand.)

This is after I let him have Keith (son) without me every day so he could spend time with him without me breathing over his shoulder. All this time he had been calling me names, telling me I'm crazy and just all sorts of unneeded things.

Life after love? It will be good once Exhusband deletes himself out of the picture completely. I met someone new and so far so good but it will be a lot easier and better when I can breathe and not worry about people showing up on my doorstep.

He leaves for El Paso, TX Fort Bliss tomorrow. And tomorrow starts a brand new way of living. No more games, no more fear, no more lies... just... simplicity? ( I hope.)
  2. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    If you wanted, you could of kept your old name and just have the name changes so you didn't have to start all over.

I'm so sorry about all of that crap you went through, but it does sound that it was for the best. I hope things work ot with you and this new guy and that you can finally be happy.

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Good riddance hun! Excuse my french but Adam sounds like an immature sh**head.

Enjoy that deep sigh of relief you'll get tomorrow cause after all that shit you've been through you really deserve it!
    "And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake... unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy."

4. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Where there is courage, there is humility
    You are so positive and upbeat! I admire your courage that it took to finally get out for good. I know it was hard, but for your safety/health and for the safety/health of your son, you did what was best for you. I am very glad that you are moving forward in life, and that there is someone new for you. for you, and may 2010 be better than 2009!
  5. Senior Member
    Well I hope the year of 2010 brings bigger and better things for you. GOOD LUCK
    It took longer than we thought. Now 2 IUI's, 3 IVF's, 1 FET .
    One day at a time, one step at a time, and one day we will get there.
    DS Feb 2013 and Adopted DS Aug 2012
  6. You are here.
    You are here.
    good luck....
  7. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries
    I hope everything works out..you sound like your on the right track and mind set. Good luck
  8. Senior Member
    Bless your heart, what an amazing mom you are. Best of luck to you and your son!
    PAW to Chris & Fur Mamma to Ollie

9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Honestly, if it weren't for you militarysosers I don't think I would have been as positive. I was so down but I got a lot of encouragement and good advice. Thank you all. Life after love is definitely a tough road but it's worth traveling, especially for my son.
  10. Preparing for deployment #1
    Preparing for deployment #1
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat as you! I am sorry you went through all of that, it sucks when you think you got the one.. and they turn out to be completely different! I hope things go well and that the new guy works out if you need anyone to vent at, or just someone to talk to you can PM me anytime!

Live.Love.Laugh GO OREGON DUCKS!!!