Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just want to apologize.

1. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    me and 2010 are going to bffs!

Suspicious I just want to apologize.

Advertisements
    I was looking back at all my old posts from when I dated Mike. I was stupid and foolish and I do NOT like how I let myself get treated. Now, everytime I go home on leave I run into Mike. It's a problem. If you don't know of Mike, we dated for almost 2 years, 1 of which he was deployed. Things would go from amazing to terrible, he was physically and verbally abusive. Got pregnant, lost the baby, got degraded for that. But anyway, I was just reading it and realized.. wow, this is NOT who I am and that is NOT how I deserve to be treated. It was like an eye opener. I think because being in the Army made me realize just how strong I am and made me really fully love myself. I don't think I loved myself when I was with him. I looked for HIS love to validate me and when I didn't have it, I felt worthless.

Well, I just wanted to say, I am worth it. I am worth the love and support of an amazing man. And so is EVERY lady on this board. Now, this final break-up was about a year ago. And up until maybe 2 months ago I thought I'd always feel broken from it. I have never felt stronger, better or more beautiful. So ladies, if I can get through it, ANYONE CAN.

I just wanted to apologize for being a love struck fool. This post is all over the place and I'm sorry. I just needed to say something. I've been over this break-up for awhile now. It still had effects on me but I wasn't still in love and wanting him back for a long time. But it just made me feel better I guess to read those posts and see I got strong enough and smart enough to walk away for good last year.

To all of you dealing with a break up, It DEFINATELY does get better!
    Last edited by Trishy0815; 12-11-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: I can't spell!

Rockellexo is my wifey loveyou rachypoo!

2. lovin' life
    lovin' life
    I just wanted to offer some and glad you are feeling better about the break up! Glad things are looking up for you!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm glad things are starting to look up for you
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trishy0815 View Post
    I was looking back at all my old posts from when I dated Mike. I was stupid and foolish and I do NOT like how I let myself get treated. Now, everytime I go home on leave I run into Mike. It's a problem. If you don't know of Mike, we dated for almost 2 years, 1 of which he was deployed. Things would go from amazing to terrible, he was physically and verbally abusive. Got pregnant, lost the baby, got degraded for that. But anyway, I was just reading it and realized.. wow, this is NOT who I am and that is NOT how I deserve to be treated. It was like an eye opener. I think because being in the Army made me realize just how strong I am and made me really fully love myself. I don't think I loved myself when I was with him. I looked for HIS love to validate me and when I didn't have it, I felt worthless.

Well, I just wanted to say, I am worth it. I am worth the love and support of an amazing man. And so is EVERY lady on this board. Now, this final break-up was about a year ago. And up until maybe 2 months ago I thought I'd always feel broken from it. I have never felt stronger, better or more beautiful. So ladies, if I can get through it, ANYONE CAN.

I just wanted to apologize for being a love struck fool. This post is all over the place and I'm sorry. I just needed to say something. I've been over this break-up for awhile now. It still had effects on me but I wasn't still in love and wanting him back for a long time. But it just made me feel better I guess to read those posts and see I got strong enough and smart enough to walk away for good last year.

To all of you dealing with a break up, It DEFINATELY does get better!

It takes so long for so many people to realize this! It's why we get stuck in negative relationships.
  5. Senior Member
    outstanding post - im so ******* happy that you know you are a worthwhile person that deserves respect and love

.... don't make me say good-bye and don't make me stay

6. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
  7. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    Thanks ladies!

Rockellexo is my wifey loveyou rachypoo!

8. Senior Member
    I agree, OUTSTANDING POST!!! I can relate to some parts of that... we are worth it and do NOT deserve that kind of treatment! I wish I would have realized the crap I put up with and put my foot down and said GOODBYE then instead of saying the good outweighs the bad so I will just deal with the crap... but we deserve soo much better! I hope all girls realize this.

You go girl!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

im on my way to being in this same place. good for you!
  10. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Where there is courage, there is humility
    I remember your posts, and Trish, you have no idea how much of an inspiration you were to me. I was going through a very rough marriage about that time, and somehow I found courage in you. I know we never talked, but when I wrote a DEARSOS thread, you responded so kindly.

Like you, I was looking for my ex's love to validate me. When he wasn't happy, I wasn't happy. Not only happy, but miserable, upset. So I can relate to you a lot. I just want you to know how proud I am of you, for finally ending things, for finding your way back to yourself. You are right, you deserve the best, and you will get it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast