Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Frustration.

1. Member
    Lake City, Colorado (although home is Mississippi)
    Blog Entries

Frustration.

Advertisements
    It's been eleven months since I have seen my ex. I want to start meeting people! I really do. But I am at a total loss of how. I am just so socially awkward XD Not 21 yet, plus the bar/club scene isn't really my ordeal. I work ten-twelve hour days! I just don't get dating. *epicfaillllll*

what a day to visit seattle, what a day for san francisco. what a day, holy toledo! what a day to get in the air and go. what a day to give up smoking, what day to absorb jim beam and what a day to welcome a baby to begin breathing.
    ~ greg laswell
  2. New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hgrace View Post
    It's been eleven months since I have seen my ex. I want to start meeting people! I really do. But I am at a total loss of how. I am just so socially awkward XD Not 21 yet, plus the bar/club scene isn't really my ordeal. I work ten-twelve hour days! I just don't get dating. *epicfaillllll*
    Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but your post was funny to me. I'm a socially inappropriate person...so I just end up with weird looks and random whispering. Somehow, I'm married! I really don't have any advice, but good luck!

One True Love
  3. Member
    Lake City, Colorado (although home is Mississippi)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
    Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but your post was funny to me. I'm a socially inappropriate person...so I just end up with weird looks and random whispering. Somehow, I'm married! I really don't have any advice, but good luck!
    lol! it was meant to be a bit ironic

what a day to visit seattle, what a day for san francisco. what a day, holy toledo! what a day to get in the air and go. what a day to give up smoking, what day to absorb jim beam and what a day to welcome a baby to begin breathing.
    ~ greg laswell
  4. Senior Member
    you'll find someone. I wouldn't worry about not being able to go to bars/clubs if that's not your scene because you probably wouldn't want to date anyone into that then. You might want to look into church social groups or groups that meet based on a hobby you have. I tend to meet people through mutual friends or at school.
  5. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Where there is courage, there is humility
    I know some people have tried dating sites, if you feel comfortable enough doing that. everything wll get better.

I've asked friends before if they have any single male friends.

My mom once asked a waiter at Olive Garden, and he blew it off, and was kind of rude about it. I was so embarassed!
  6. Senior Member
    ok first off i want to say you seem like a total cutie from this post...soo i bet ya anything some fabulous guy is gonna find you sooner or later! i think the right guy will come along when the time is right!

now i'm not any dating expert by anyyyy means so i can't really offer any great advice.

eta: the ways i have met GOOD guys in the past have been through common hobbies (mine is golf)- it's so easy to find conversation when you share the same passion. thru mutual friends, thru church groups, school...

good luck girly!!
  7. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLady View Post
    you'll find someone. I wouldn't worry about not being able to go to bars/clubs if that's not your scene because you probably wouldn't want to date anyone into that then. You might want to look into church social groups or groups that meet based on a hobby you have. I tend to meet people through mutual friends or at school.
    i agree...you'll find the ONE when you least expect it. My sister found hers on base when she was AD and taking college classes, and needed a ride back to base. My BIL was there to "save her" with his horse (car or truck). I found mine walking through while I was at work.