Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't handle this :(

1. Regular Member

I can't handle this :(

Advertisements
    DB and I were fine..over R&R things could not have been more perfect.
    All we talked about was how much we couldnt wait until he came home so we could start our lives together.

Even when he went back to Afghanistan we still were doing good

then he just became more and more distant,
    well yesterday he called and broke up with me

he said he just couldn't see himself spending the rest of his life with me.
    yet...less than a month ago, that's all he talked about

I'm so lost and confused
    what changed??? He said it's not me, or anything i've done, but he just can't see a future with me.

I haven't gotten out of bed all day
    i'm so devastated
    i don't know how to move on from here

i've never felt so completely crushed and heartbroken in my life.
    I don't even want to wake up honestly,
    It just hurts too bad ....

what am i supposed to do? where do you go from here? He was everything to me....and now all of the sudden i'm not the one for him?

There are no other girls,it's nothin like that, it's just...he doesn't see me in his future.

I just don't get it :'(

i can't deal with this
    I honestly don't think i can take much more.

i don't know why i'm posting this because i guess there's nothing anybody can say..but i had to get it out somehow
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    That's why ex-DB and I broke up. PM me if you need to talk, I hope you're okay.

I'm here to listen if you need it.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm sorry, I never know what's going on in guys' heads. Maybe he'll come around.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prissybaby View Post
    I'm sorry, I never know what's going on in guys' heads. Maybe he'll come around.
    I might think he would come around if he didn't say "i don't think you're the person i'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with"

But i don't get it because when we were together, HE WAS SO HAPPY, we both were, and all he talked about was how he couldnt wait to spend his life with me.
    nothing happened that could have changed his mind other than him being over there deployed...

i'm so lost.

how did i go from the perfect one for him...to someone he can't see himself with, in a matter of weeks, while he's in afghanistan?

i'm so so so hurt

i'm not going to hurt myself or anything but sometimes i wish i had the guts to, because it seems like there is no hope left for me
    he was the love of my life
    i dont know what to do now????
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amylillian View Post
    That's why ex-DB and I broke up. PM me if you need to talk, I hope you're okay.

I'm here to listen if you need it.
    what reason did he give? and what prompted it?

i'm so confused, we didn't get into a fight
    everything was fine..
    the time we spent together was amazing and even days after i had left he was missing me and couldnt wait to see me again
    then the longer he was back in afghanistan the more distant he got

i'm in so much pain i can't go on like this
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGF83 View Post
    what reason did he give? and what prompted it?

i'm so confused, we didn't get into a fight
    everything was fine..
    the time we spent together was amazing and even days after i had left he was missing me and couldnt wait to see me again
    then the longer he was back in afghanistan the more distant he got

i'm in so much pain i can't go on like this
    He felt he was holding me back from doing the things that I wanted to do. He didn't leave me for anyone else either. He just knew it wasn't right for us to be together because he knew the distance was tougher on me than I was admitting.

I assured him that he cannot keep me from doing anything I want to, but he feels like HE is not capable of the stress of the military and having a girlfriend, because he knew he could never make me as happy as he wanted me to be.

I have to say, I still miss him sometimes, but I know it was the right thing.

I'm just trying to be patient and get over him.
    If it's meant to be, it will happen, but if it's not, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for something that will never happen.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am so so sorry

my ex-DB broke up with me the 2nd day he was home on leave... the day after we had first slept together. He just told me he didn't love me anymore...

It was awful and took me awhile to get over it all, but you just have to know that everything happens for a reason. He may still change his mind, but you need to be okay with it if it doesn't happen.

There is someone better for you out there. I know it doesn't seem like it, but I promise promise you there is. Look at me! I just got married to an absolutely wonderful man.

if you need anything, PM me okay?
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amylillian View Post
    He felt he was holding me back from doing the things that I wanted to do. He didn't leave me for anyone else either. He just knew it wasn't right for us to be together because he knew the distance was tougher on me than I was admitting.

I assured him that he cannot keep me from doing anything I want to, but he feels like HE is not capable of the stress of the military and having a girlfriend, because he knew he could never make me as happy as he wanted me to be.

I have to say, I still miss him sometimes, but I know it was the right thing.

I'm just trying to be patient and get over him.
    If it's meant to be, it will happen, but if it's not, I'm not going to waste my time waiting for something that will never happen.

well atleast he did it for YOU
    DB says i'm just "not the right one"
    well...he changed his mind about what the right person was for him in a matter of 2 weeks

sometimes i wonder if it's somethin he has gone through over there
    or the stress of getting out of the army in a few months and finding a new job

either way ..
    i'm so heartbroken that i honestly dont know what to do

i don't have the courage to hurt myself but sometimes i wish i did
    because the pain is too much for me to handle
    i just can't do this :'(
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meg810 View Post
    I am so so sorry

my ex-DB broke up with me the 2nd day he was home on leave... the day after we had first slept together. He just told me he didn't love me anymore...

It was awful and took me awhile to get over it all, but you just have to know that everything happens for a reason. He may still change his mind, but you need to be okay with it if it doesn't happen.

There is someone better for you out there. I know it doesn't seem like it, but I promise promise you there is. Look at me! I just got married to an absolutely wonderful man.

if you need anything, PM me okay?

thank you...
    i just don't know how to move on

he won't change his mind, he said i'm not the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with, well..i'm me, i can't change, so he's not gonna suddenly want me back in his life
    i wish

i'm so hurt
    how do i even meet new people?
    how will i ever find someone to make me happy again?
    i don't know what to do

this is the worst pain i've ever felt in my life, i just wish i could disappear this would all go away :'(
  10. Regular Member
    i don't know if i can keep living like this i'm too scared to hurt myself cuz i don't want to upset my family but I can't handle the pain
    what am i supposed to do
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast