Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miserable Now Update again in post 23

1. Regular Member

Miserable Now Update again in post 23

Advertisements
    I was married on the 9th to the man of my dreams, we were happy and ready to start our life as a married couple. Then this monday came around and his family told him they dis-owned him because he got married to me and he comes home from work to tell me he doesnt want to be married to me anymore cause I pushed him into getting married to me. I move across the country to be with him in april, I watched his kids all summer, we were happy for the whole year and 3 months we knew each other, and after one week of marriage he wants to get rid of it. I packed my truck and moved back home to Arizona for the time being to figure out what the heck is going on but I have nothing left here, his whole family is from the same small town and I cant even face the town now. I am so lost and confused and hurt right now. How was I good enough to be a girlfriend and fiance, but not good enough to be a wife? How was I good enough to live with all summer but not good enough to be married to? This sucks

Update in post 11
    Last edited by LoveMySoldier!; 12-05-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Update
    Proud Wife of my Soldier and Proud Mommy of Landon Cole!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    WTH! Seriously! He is allowing others' opinions to alter his? First of all, tell him to grow up. This is not high school, you cannot just up and decide you do not want to be in the relationship (well, you can literally). You two are married! And second, you need to really evaluate this situation. I understand you love him. I understand you have invested everything into this relationship (moving across the country, etc.). Do you really want to be with someone who out of the clear blue decides he does not want to be with you. So, say you two work it out (and hopefully you two do), what makes you think he won't come and decide this again down the road? His family needs to butt up, he needs to grow up, and you need to think about yourself.
  3. Regular Member
    I'm so sorry about this! It sounds like your husband has something more going on here than just what he is saying. If he has children and he was ready to be married, he should feel like it's ok to be making his own adult decisions away from his family.

My husband's parents were not present at our wedding. We did not marry in the same religion they are and they have said that we are not married in the eyes of god and only recently (we've been married two years) are they calling me their daughter-in-law. however, my husband married me anyway and has been supportive of me when his parents were acting out of line.

One week is not enough time to figure out if he wants to stay married or not. It probably took longer to plan for the wedding than this!

Also, I would not have moved out if my husband told me he didn't want to be married anymore. He would have had to move out. You are his wife and he can't act that way towards you. It's important that you guys talk to one another and figure out what the problem really is. This is impulsive and irrational. However, if you two don't work out what the problem truly is, this may come up again later. It might be soon for it, but have the two of you ever had couple's counseling before?
  4. Senior Member
    A similar thing just happen to me. After 7 months of marriage mine packed up and moved back to VA where he from. No warning nothing, said about the same thing expect he has been being a hateful prick to boot.....It you ever want to chat PM me. Stay strong and remember to think of yourself. I can honestly say that after a month of dealing with this crap if he said he wanted me back I'd tell him where to shove it...

Lot's of hugs...
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, babe.
  6. Senior Member
  7. Senior Member
    Did you actually hear his parents say this about you? or did this come from him? I'm sorry you are left with so many questions, no answers, and heartache .
  8. Senior Member
    I'm sorry your going though this.. I'm kindof shocked you left I would have stayed. It sounds like his family is making his desicions for him. Do you know why his family does not like you ? Honestly I'd maybe see if you can talk to your husband and really hash out why he decided that he wants to end it. Why so soon after you got married. I am sorry your Husband is not thinking straight i hope you two can work this out
    " Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it right"
  9. glad to be back.
    glad to be back.
    wow! wtf im so sorry to hear this.
  10. Senior Member
    I am sooo sorry!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast