Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugh...can anyone relate?

1. Senior Member

Ugh...can anyone relate?

Advertisements
    So DF and I broke up a month ago (he's been deployed for like 9.5 months) so obviously we haven't seen each other in a LONG time... Well he is coming to Ohio to get the ring from me in a couple weeks when he is up here before heading out to Japan... and I have no idea how to handle it. I want to handle it with grace but at the same time he makes me sick.

I know I could say some low low things to him when he comes because he has been SOOO mean to me because I told him I wasn't gonna just go to his sister's house and drop the ring off for him- I said screw that cus he has been awful to me so I am not doing anything for him.

It's my personality just to be a kind person.. But it would be so weird to just be like normal and be sweet to him as if he weren't a complete A-hole to me.

What to do...

For all I know just looking at him might make me sick so maybe I'll just hand him the ring and say goodbye and shut the door.
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    For me, personally I would avoid the situation all together. I would take it to his sisters and be done.

ETA: have you started to move on? If you broke up a month ago maybe you should change your avatar?

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    You have the right to ask him to come and get the ring personally. His sister didn't give you the ring; he did.

I wish you luck, hun. I don't know how I would handle it myself.
  4. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't give it to him period. I would not see him or anything. I would just kick him out of my life period.
    I Love My Baby!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    For me, personally I would avoid the situation all together. I would take it to his sisters and be done.
    Thing is, I refuse to do anything for him (for good reason, trust me). He treated me like dirt, so if he wants the ring, then he needs to come to get it from me.
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by faerielyght View Post
    You have the right to ask him to come and get the ring personally. His sister didn't give you the ring; he did.

I wish you luck, hun. I don't know how I would handle it myself.
    By handling it that way (which is certainly her choice) she is in fact CREATING the situation that she is stressing over. No offense, OP. I'm sorry you are going through a break-up

7. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsay View Post
    Thing is, I refuse to do anything for him (for good reason, trust me). He treated me like dirt, so if he wants the ring, then he needs to come to get it from me.
    That's the whole cutting off the nose to spite the face thing right there...

By trying to hurt him, you're just hurting yourself and causing more worries...

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrz. Robinson View Post
    I wouldn't give it to him period. I would not see him or anything. I would just kick him out of my life period.
    Legally, it is his since in Ohio, an engagement ring is viewed as a "conditional gift" and if the condition of marriage is unmet, then the gift-giver owns the ring.
  9. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

ETA: have you started to move on? If you broke up a month ago maybe you should change your avatar?
    I would tell him he can pick it up from his sister. Why put yourself through that?

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  10. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsay View Post
    Legally, it is his since in Ohio, an engagement ring is viewed as a "conditional gift" and if the condition of marriage is unmet, then the gift-giver owns the ring.
    OH wow that sucks.
    I Love My Baby!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast