Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marry me.

1. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    me and 2010 are going to bffs!

Marry me.

Advertisements
    [That's what he said to me the past couple days]

No, not crazy Mike. The guy I dated here, and when he PCS'ed we broke up. He's leaving for Iraq soon, so I sent him a text saying sorry for how it ended, and I wish the best for him. And we were talking via text all day a few days ago. Then on webcam. He was telling me he thinks I'm beautiful, sweet, thoughtful and was really sorry about how we broke up. He told me it wasn't me or even the relationship because he really cared and loved me, it's just him being an MOS-T(prior service) and trying to date an MOS-I(new soldier) it was too much and caused too many problems for us. We couldn't let ANYONE know we were dating or he'd lose rank, and we couldn't just see each other when we wanted to even though we were literally 15 minutes away from each other on base. I told him I'd love to see him when he got home safe from Iraq and I'd definately write to him and if he needed ANYTHING to let me know. Well he goes, I want to settle down with you, just marry me. I laughed and told him to shut up and stop playing stupid games. Lol. Well all week he tells me everyday "baby I'm marrying you when I come home!" And I laugh, tell him he's being foolish and he can't call his friends baby. It's so funny to have him saying these things. I just He's a sweet guy, I'll be there for him through his deployment and all, but if he keeps talking this crazy talk I'm going to

Men and their pre-deployment jitters! I didn't think he had those, it's his 3rd time going to Iraq in 7 years.

Rockellexo is my wifey loveyou rachypoo!

2. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...
    ...maybe in some corner of his mind he's really considering it..?
  3. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_navygf View Post
    ...maybe in some corner of his mind he's really considering it..?
    I actually thought that at first, but when we dated he was so against marriage (his ex wife cheated on him a few times while he was deployed the last time). I mean, he's a sweet guy and I had a lot of fun with him, minus the break-up, so I'm excited that we're back to being friends. I just don't want him trying to fill my head with those words. I keep telling him you don't joke about things like that and he insists he's not playing around.

AJRS <3
    Blog Entries
    Maybe hes being serious about marrying you when he comes back from Iraq?? I wouldnt completely throw the idea out the window, he could really be serious about it.
  5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    When I met my husband he was of the mindset that he wasn't getting married again for a few years ... he changed his mind after he met me.

Stranger things have happened.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  6. Senior Member
    Maybe he see's what he has been missing and knows you are a stronger women than his ex-wife and knows you would be willing to wait for him!
  7. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    Hmm. Well, we were talking all night and he's like "I wish I could see you this weekend. I really miss you and I'm leaving next week. But I'll have plenty of time to see you when I make you my wife when I come home!" It's so confusing. All I know, is I'm going to be there for him, as a friend, through his deployment. I told him I'd take leave and go see him as soon as he got home next year. He was like "I just hope you don't have a BF when I come home."

Hmm...

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trishy0815 View Post
    Hmm. Well, we were talking all night and he's like "I wish I could see you this weekend. I really miss you and I'm leaving next week. But I'll have plenty of time to see you when I make you my wife when I come home!" It's so confusing. All I know, is I'm going to be there for him, as a friend, through his deployment. I told him I'd take leave and go see him as soon as he got home next year. He was like "I just hope you don't have a BF when I come home."

Hmm...
    Well would you want to wait for him? I'd say be the friend maybe that is the role he wants right now and that is what he is looking for in his future wife a person that he can put his trust into. as you said his ex-wife cheated on him.. he wants the trust factor!
  9. Member
    maybe he is actually being serious, he could have realized how much he has missed you, and really sees a future between the two of you.
  10. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarZ View Post
    Well would you want to wait for him? I'd say be the friend maybe that is the role he wants right now and that is what he is looking for in his future wife a person that he can put his trust into. as you said his ex-wife cheated on him.. he wants the trust factor!

If I truely knew he was 100% serious, then yes. I mean, I'm not doing the whole dating scene now, because I'm focused on me and being happy with MYSELF. I do still really care about him and miss him, so I'll totally do the whole being his friend thing while he's gone and seeing where it goes. I just wouldn't want it to be where it was just deployment jitters, KWIM?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast