Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: welp i belong here now!

1. Senior Member

welp i belong here now!

Advertisements
    DF & I ended last week. 2.5 yrs together, pushing our way thru the last few months of long-distance before our wedding, rounding out the 8+ months of his deployment to Iraq... and it's over.

I'm not gonna go into the story cuz I don't really care about it anymore lol-- I'm not upset or anything. But basically DF was a reeeeeeeeeal ass in how he handled things! Oh and I guess I'll fill ya all in on part of the reason (his reasoning, not mine)-- He signed up to go to Japan for 3 yrs, unaccompanied and it is not a family friendly job/situation at all. Now that was a shocker to me, cuz ya know usually you'd tell your significant other that you're considering doing this job in Japan for 3 yrs before actually crossing the t's and dotting the i's. If he is gonna be a huge jerk to me for absolutely no reason, then I have no reason to be sad or upset over this. I deserve someone who isn't selfish and who treats their significant other well.

I feel soo much better off now because now in hindsight I can see that he wasn't right for me. I am a strong Christian and he wasn't, and I want my future SO to have a strong relationship with God... cuz imo if Josh had that, then there is no way he'd have the audacity to end things the way he did.

Anyway I know there are bright BRIGHT things in my future and I am juuuust fine =) Instead of getting married in May & moving to NC to be with DF and find a job, I'll be staying in Ohio & getting my MBA & working on passing my PAT & entering into the PGA program.
  2. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Sounds like you made the right choices for you, you should be so proud of that!!! I know that there is someone out there that is PERFECT for you, and shares the same values that you do!!!
  3. Senior Member
    We've never talked, but I always liked your golf posts in the happy thoughts thread. It sounds like you're handling this well & I'm sure there are great things ahead of you.
  4. Senior Member
    It's so great that you have concrete plans for your own future. Education is never a wrong route and will open so many doors for new wonderful experiences in your future! If he was going to be an a$$, better now so you are out of it, than a life of misery in an unhappy marriage. I know times may be hard, but you seem like a very strong girl!
  5. me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    me and 2010 are going to bffs!
    So good to see you're optimistic about this and instead of crying, you're thinking of all the ways to better your future. Good for you & good luck!

Rockellexo is my wifey loveyou rachypoo!

6. Senior Member
    I would be a mess. I respect you for how strong you are being.

7. waiting
    waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyh33 View Post
    I would be a mess. I respect you for how strong you are being.
    I'm sure you have had a long road but it seems like you are being very positive. Way to go for taking care of you!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I wish you the best of luck
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    While I am sorry that your relationship ended, it sounds like you're handling things well.
  10. Gonna Be Alright.
    Gonna Be Alright.
    I'm glad that it didnt take you long to realize that he isnt the one for you. You are handling this so well. I wish you the best of luck! P.S. I'm from Ohio also!!!