Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do you do...

1. Senior Member
    Me, lonely Alabama; him, Louisianna, unfortunately

Neutral What do you do...

Advertisements
    to keep yourself from falling over?

I broke up with my db a little over a week ago and I feel so lost right now. Since my mates are so far away from where I am and school and work is all there is, what would you do to keep yourself busy?

I haven't really talked to him much...and he's so that I let him go. I did this because I couldn't handle being with a man that doesn't appreciate me and love me the way I want to be loved.

I find myself thinking about him all the time, and part of me feel like I've made a mistake for breaking up with him.

He wants to be friends, but I just don't see it happening. I mean I still fancy him, but not enough to have false hope to make us think we deserve eachother, KWIM?

I'm bloody tired of handing out chances over and over when he just fails to make our relationship the way it should be. I just don't think we are compatable...and I know that some relationships get together again right after they decide to be friends. I don't want to be the people that do that.

I told him I'm going back home (U.K) the end of the semester since there's really nothing for me except my aunt. My grandmum left back in Janruary (the month I supposed to leave with her but chose not to due to the fact that I met my db a month before). So again, why should I be here when my aunt has things handled?

He didn't really say too much other than "ok" and when am I going to be leaving. It really makes me wonder if the whole 10 months was really a joke to him

What I've decided to do, I'm going to stick out, make friends, and leave a liitle after Janruary (or whenever plane tickets are cheap) I'm not going to answer his texts/calls because honestly, there's really nothing I can do or say at this point.

Since my aunt and her husband going on vacation for Christmas, I'll be alone. My mum and I thought it would be a wicked idea for me to go travel somewhere up north and enjoy the snow. However, I don't know anyone, and I don't really want to go all by myself..But then again, it might be fun. Who knows? Colorado would be the ideal state I want to visit Right now, it all depends in time...

I'm sorry my brain's all over the shop today, I'll just go back to the subject. My question for you guys, what do you guys do to keep yourselves as busy as possible to not think about the relationship?
    DB-You are the best thing that ever happened to me!!! 115% the truth, even if it only goes up to 100%I'm trying to become a better person for you. You deserve me at my best! <3[/CENTER]
  2. Senior Member
    Maybe you could pick up a new hobby? Work out? It helps to stay as busy as possible. Colorado sounds like a blast.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLady View Post
    Maybe you could pick up a new hobby? Work out? It helps to stay as busy as possible. Colorado sounds like a blast.
    I hate going to the gym alone I'm thinking about helping out at the food drive. Yeah, Colorado does sound fun...Want to meet up?
    DB-You are the best thing that ever happened to me!!! 115% the truth, even if it only goes up to 100%I'm trying to become a better person for you. You deserve me at my best! <3[/CENTER]
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmieGirl View Post
    I hate going to the gym alone I'm thinking about helping out at the food drive. Yeah, Colorado does sound fun...Want to meet up?
    that would be an awesome idea, but unfortunately I'm broke. My ex still owes me money that I'm positive I'll never see.
  5. Senior Member
    awww... look for a womens roller derby team to join in your area. It is tons of fun and a huge huge stress relief! And you could always come to Missouri and visit me. I have plenty of room.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyh33 View Post
    awww... look for a womens roller derby team to join in your area. It is tons of fun and a huge huge stress relief! And you could always come to Missouri and visit me. I have plenty of room.
    ROLLAR DERBY! I totally want to do that. That's such a good idea. Off to google for myself.
  7. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    It sounds to me like you made the right choice for you. Go with your gut and don't fall back to old habits out of loneliness! The right man will come along when you least expect it!

Mine sure did!!!!!!!!

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  8. Senior Member
    Thanks everyone!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Maybe search meetup.com for a group that interests you?