Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question

1. Country Girl
    Country Girl

Question

Advertisements
    Long complicated story, but my bf is trying to get through a divorce (god that makes me sound horrible). No one he knows has had a custody battle during their divorces and his appointments to speak to legal keep getting bumped back.

My question is if anyone would mind sharing their experiences regarding custody and visitation rights. I understand this is a personal question, feel free to PM me if you have anything you are willing to share.

This is short of a last ditch effort to get information. I'm know it looks weird, my asking for information on this particular topic but he asked me to ask around and see if anyone knew anything that could help.

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    I have zero experience with this, but I hope you can find an answer soon. Maybe talk to a different lawyer? There are plenty of them everywhere...
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    www.divorcenet.com is a great source for info.
  4. Senior Member
    A couple of friends of mine did it, but the rules are different for every state. Here they had to have a "family plan" which detailed which days Dad had the child and which days Mom had him. They had to spell everything out, including holidays, what Dad would pay Mom for child support (yeah even though he had the child for 3 days of the week), etc. They were able to do it amicably so it wasn't too crazy.

I don't know about your on-base legal, but ours has a seminar you can go to that talks about all of this stuff (I know this because of my job not me and DH!). Here they do it every week and you just show up. They also have walk-in appointments every Wednesday so maybe he could look into if his office have either of these?
  5. Country Girl
    Country Girl
    Thanks guys, felt really awkward asking for any advice under the circumstances. The advice was a big help