Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Divorce Info

1. anoracrescent

Bang Head Help with Divorce Info

Advertisements
    I left my husband over a year ago when I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with chlamydia and high-risk HPV. I found out he had cheated with this nasty bitch that he completely lied about being with.
    Since then, I have had to have two surgeries to remove stage 2 cervical dysplasia.
    Here is the problem:
    I have not heard from him since June of 2007 and have tried EVERYTHING. He wants to remain married to me so that he can recieve more money (which I think is why he married me in the first place) and I even have a suspicion that he may be telling them that the new girl is me and sending her money. I have never received a penny from him and don't even want his money. I just want a DIVORCE so I can go on with my life.
    He has caused me enough grief already.

Who do I need to contact? What am I doing wrong? I have spoken to numerous people on base and they say he will be made to get in touch with me but he never does! How is this fair!

Any help is appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    I'd call his command up and inform them.
  3. Senior Member
    Oooh... Though. I would say, since you are still legally married, go see the JAGs. You have a right to since you are "married". Did you contact his chain of command?

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Call his command. Huge hugs to you sweetie! I know your pain all too well.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    In that situation, I'd most definitely contact the command or speak with a chaplain at your nearest base. A chaplain should DEFINITELY know how to find your soon-to-be hubby!!! Your STB hubby will also be shit up a creek when the command finds out the shit he's been doing....

I meant to say soon to be EX hubby...
    Last edited by Victoria; 05-30-2008 at 10:48 PM.
  6. Senior Member
    I would call up his command! good luck sorry you had to go through that.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    In that situation, I'd most definitely contact the command or speak with a chaplain at your nearest base. A chaplain should DEFINITELY know how to find your soon-to-be hubby!!! Your STB hubby will also be shit up a creek when the command finds out the shit he's been doing....
  8. Regular Member
    The first step I would take is go see yourself a lawyer (the lawyer will do everything for you). Just make sure you tell her everything about how long you guys have been spilt and what he is doing. I wouldn't try to do it all by yourself because you are just going to be running around trying to contact the right perso, this is way go to a lawyer first. I hope you get everything worked out.
  9. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    States have different divorce laws/proceedings. In my state, I was able to divorce my ex-husband and he never signed a thing or agreed to anything. Not all states are that easy. I would research divorce proceedings in your state, see how much you can get done whether he likes it or not, or see a lawyer and they can guide you.
  10. Senior Member
    Talk to your attorney BEFORE you contact the Command (if at all). You need to make sure you have an attorney that is versed in military divorces. The attorney will know how to handle everything, including the Command. If you contact the Command yourself, you could look like a bitter ex-wife depending on the Command and at this stage you don't want to run that risk. If you want to get at him, go through the legal channels. Your attorney will find him...don't worry about that. If he's in the military it's not that hard.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast