Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I should be torn up

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,196

    #1

    I should be torn up

    Advertisements
    Aric and I have been broken up for three days now... and I have not cried about it.
    I am not sad at all... How could I not be upset?
    My fiancee left me. we were together for almost a year. How could I not be upset??
    I dont feel any heart break, and I dont feel any pain.
    What is wrong with me??
  2. Banned
    lovemachine's Avatar
    lovemachine is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    17,792
    Blog Entries
    14
    #2
    maybe deep down you know that this is the best thing for you and him right now? Or maybe you know that in time things will work out exactly the way they are supposed to!! I am not sure...but I am glad you are handling things well!!!
  3. Account Closed
    Fidzy's Avatar
    Fidzy is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,974
    #3
    things hit people at different times.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,196

    #4
    Honestly, it does not feel like we are broken up...
    He still calls me in his free time, he still calls me baby and says he loves me... but If I call myself his girlfriend he quickly tells me other wise.
    I am getting sick of that...
    I am more confused than anything
  5. Banned
    Lizim1981's Avatar
    Lizim1981 is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    Posts
    5,466
    #5
    Well you're either numb from shock, or really you might be ready for it. Maybe you know that it's time to move on, or at least embrace it.

    Either way I'm sure you'll be just fine.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,196

    #6
    I feel... I am ready to move on.
    Its been two days, and I feel I am ready to move on.
    This is... strange lol
  7. BJo
    Banned
    BJo's Avatar
    BJo is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    25,315
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherNichole View Post
    maybe deep down you know that this is the best thing for you and him right now? Or maybe you know that in time things will work out exactly the way they are supposed to!! I am not sure...but I am glad you are handling things well!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Andy's Avatar
    Andy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pendleton
    Posts
    3,735
    #8
    maybe its because you guys still act like you're together? so i guess deep down it probably doesn't seem like anything's changed, besides the title of 'girlfriend' that is.
  9. Senior Member
    TheBryTree's Avatar
    TheBryTree is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    23,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineLover View Post
    Honestly, it does not feel like we are broken up...
    He still calls me in his free time, he still calls me baby and says he loves me... but If I call myself his girlfriend he quickly tells me other wise.
    I am getting sick of that...
    I am more confused than anything
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineLover View Post
    I feel... I am ready to move on.
    Its been two days, and I feel I am ready to move on.
    This is... strange lol
    it sounds to me like you aren't sad about breaking up because he is still treating you as if you HAVEN'T. I think that is too overly confusing to break up but still act as if you are still together.

    You say that you are just ready to move on.. and sick of acting as if you two are still together when he has made it clear that you AREN'T

    I strongly suggest you cut off contact for a while so that you can work out your own thoughts. And so that he can work out HIS own thoughts... because he sounds confused as well.
  10. DutchGirl
    Guest
    DutchGirl's Avatar
    Guest
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
    it sounds to me like you aren't sad about breaking up because he is still treating you as if you HAVEN'T. I think that is too overly confusing to break up but still act as if you are still together.

    You say that you are just ready to move on.. and sick of acting as if you two are still together when he has made it clear that you AREN'T

    I strongly suggest you cut off contact for a while so that you can work out your own thoughts. And so that he can work out HIS own thoughts... because he sounds confused as well.


    First of all, totally agree with the above. Second, I know this because I am going through it. We were not engaged, but DB broke up with me almost 2 weeks ago. We both decided to take some time apart. He left it up to me as to when we will be in touch again. But I firmly believe that after a break up the best thing to do is take some time apart. I think it would be really beneficial to distance yourself a bit. It is really helping me to work through this. Having time apart is helping me to remember what it's like being single again. And when I feel like my head is a little better wrapped around it, I'll call or email him. He's deploying soon and I want to be there for him, but we both need it to be just as friends right now. So... a friend is what I will be. And, I believe we both need time apart to get it back to that level.

    to you, while you figure out where you stand with each other.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •