Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just couldn't do it anymore.

1. DvlDogGal104

I just couldn't do it anymore.

Advertisements
    DB had drill this past weekend and I've just been in a funk. I wasn't looking forward to his calls, wasn't anticipating when I'm going to see him next, it's just like my feelings are fading.

He's been back from training for two and a half weeks and isn't doing anything, he sleeps until 2-4pm, plays video games, and goes to see his friends. We hardly see one another because I work full time (until 11pm) and go to school full time in the mornings, plus I was taking a weekend class and I have my daughter who I need to get quality time in with.

And it just gets frustrating that I'm trying to get on my feet, make it as a single mom and be successful, finish school, and prepare for a surgery this month, and that he (at 25) just lays around and relies on his mom to take care of him financially. He has no clue what he wants to do with himself and isn't even thinking about it. He's never lived on his own til he went in the military and he's only been to bootcamp and training, so how "living on your own" is that, really? It's the most frustrating thing, trying to get support from someone that has no idea what the real world is like.

I told him this last night and he was just blown away. Saying it's coming out of left field. And what's worse is he doesn't understand where I'm coming from and how this can frustrate me. He says I'm just giving up and that all he wants me to do is not give up. But I don't know how long I can be in a relationship where I'm unhappy and everytime I try to talk to him about it, he just doesn't get it. I feel really bad, I basically said it was over, that I didn't think anything could repair it. I can't force him to grow up and at 25, will he ever? We talked last night but he was drunk and said somethings that I don't know how to take.

I don't want to leave, but I need a more grown up bf. I haven't heard from him at all today and I have no idea what he's thinking or if he's locked himself in a room because this is too much for him. But I just couldn't take it anymore.....so I guess this is the end.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Oh Staci, I'm so sorry he is being such a punk. Want me to go kick his ass? He may take a few days to process everything. I'm not sure how he'll react, but it may be the kick in the pants that he needs. I'm here when you need to talk. And we are sooo going out for a drink when classes end for the semester!
  3. Senior Member
    Oh I am so sorry to hear that! to you!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    aaawww! I'm sorry!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    I just want to say I think it's really awesome of you that you are being 100% honest with him. In the end, you cannot help how you feel, and do what you feel is right!

6. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    awwwwwwwwww I'm so sorry!!
  7. DvlDogGal104
    Thanks ladies. Been trying to call him to talk a bit, but he won't answer, won't reply to texts and now his phone is off. I'm worried and I guess I shouldn't be.
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by DvlDogGal104 View Post
    Thanks ladies. Been trying to call him to talk a bit, but he won't answer, won't reply to texts and now his phone is off. I'm worried and I guess I shouldn't be.
    Give him time. If you broke it off, he needs time for himself ya know? Don't be worried, I'm sure he's fine.

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    At least you're being upfront and honest. Sometimes people can't give you what you need and it's best to move on. Best of luck
  10. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I completely understand your point of view. He is a grown man and should be taking care of himself. To me there is no bigger turn off than someone who relies on others to such an extreme and seems to have no motivation. I'm sorry sweetie. Maybe he can change?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast