Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I guess we're done... for now... I suppose.

1. DutchGirl

Neutral I guess we're done... for now... I suppose.

Advertisements
    Man, it's hard to really wrap my head around.

DB and I split last weekend. It's just so frustrating that it is circumstances more than anything else. We still care very, very much about each other. He said amazing things to me that I know I will never forget. He just has too much going on right now to be able to be totally committed in this. He said it's not fair to either of us.

I understand his reasoning and if I was in his position, I might be saying the same thing. But knowing that has not made me feel any less lost in it. Here I am, head over heels for someone who can't be with me.

He's deploying in less than a month. I still want to be there for him, but it seems so difficult... I don't want to tell myself that it is "just as friends" and then know in my heart how much I still care about him. I always end up in these ruts of chasing after guys who do not reciprocate... that's the last thing I want again, especially from this one.

I feel lost, like I am losing my best friend right before we would need each other most. It seems so hard to know that he is going to leave on that ship, and I won't be the one to be there for him through it, and when he comes home.

I don't know ladies... I just don't know how to let this one go.

2. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Keep your chin up, no break up is easy.

3. Senior Member
    Aww.. well you can still be there for him and when he gets back and see how things go from there.. I wish you the best
  4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    You can still be there for him.. Maybe tell him that you still wanna be around for him and be his support.

5. Senior Member

if your heart tells you you love him this much, you shouldn't let go. keep fighting for it. he will come around. if you feel like it is truly something to chase after, then don't give in. it may seem fruitless in the beginning, but eventually, if he feels the same way, he will see that you were there all along...standing behind him, supporting him, offering unconditional love for him. but that's just what i think...i'm a hopeless romantic.
  6. MedicsWifey
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovekale View Post
    if your heart tells you you love him this much, you shouldn't let go. keep fighting for it. he will come around. if you feel like it is truly something to chase after, then don't give in. it may seem fruitless in the beginning, but eventually, if he feels the same way, he will see that you were there all along...standing behind him, supporting him, offering unconditional love for him. but that's just what i think...i'm a hopeless romantic.
    I feel the same way.

7. DutchGirl
    Thanks ladies. I am just afraid of doing that, and in the end still just having a broken heart... maybe even more than now, because I will have invested so much.

I wrote him a letter explaining that I still really care for him and want him to know that I am here for him, but I need some time so that my heart isn't all tangled up in this.

As difficult as it has been with us being separated while he is on work ups, I've learned how much I really care about him... that first phone call after not hearing his voice for 3 weeks... man. It wasn't until then that I totally realized what he meant to me. And now that he broke up with me, I am realizing even more... I feel like I don't know who to turn to, not because I don't have girlfriends, but I realize now that he understood me better than almost anyone. My close girlfriends, as much as I love them... I think they often just don't get me the same way he did. They would either try to get me to go out with someone else to get over him, or just try to distract me. He's the only one who seems to know to just let me cry and feel it. I make myself bury those emotions enough, I need someone who will just be with me and let me feel them.

I'm sure that this will pass and that at some point it won't be this hard... but right now I just wish this stupid bowl of ice cream next to me would actually make me feel better instead of just bloated.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry
    [/URL]
    You're My Wife Select. You've been approved for the position you just have to go through the ceremony
  9. Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    im sorry and everything will be ok.