Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How did you know??

1. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.

How did you know??

Advertisements
    I hate even posting this thread but this is where it belongs sooo.. In your previous relationships ( serious ones) how did you know it was over and it was time to move on. Who was the one that ended it?? You or your so?? I really am starting to feel like my time is coming and things with tim and I just aren't working anymore and we need to both move on.. Neither of us have the courage to end it tho( I know b/c I asked him and he said he doesn't want to be the one to call it quits.. but then again neither do I even tho we know its just not working..)
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  2. Finally Happy <3
    Finally Happy &amp;amp;lt;3
    oh no - Sweety, i have no idea .. Ive never had the guts to do it, Though DH and I joke were stuck together because were both the same, even when we had a rough patch and couldnt stand each other we couldnt bare the thought of letting go ..

Sorry, rambling.. anyways .. I hope you guys figure out whats best for both of you !! (and if you ever need to get away, Dinner, a pedicure, whatever.. Im here )
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  3. Senior Member
    when it gets to the point your not going anywhere...kwim? your not moving forward...or fighting for no reason whatsoever...ive called it quits before and ive fought before...but whenit gets to the point you think its over its easier to let go then it is to hold on...

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    First of all If you ever need to talk or just get away feel free to come here.

But to answer your question, I've always been the one to completely end things. I may not start it, but I tend to finish it. I'm not really sure how I knew, I just did. Just like you just know when you don't need to end it. If you have doubts though, maybe there is something still there worth fighting for. Anytime I ended it, I had no doubts left...
  5. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I knew when I still cared how he felt, but not enough to sacrifice both of our long term happiness. It was hard, but in the end worked out for everyone.

We are here for you. Whatever decision you make.

6. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Thanks ladies. Everyone keeps telling me to weigh the good against the bad.. And when I do when things are good, they're wonderful but when its bad its really bad.. and it seems like its more bad ( ie fighting, lies, etc) then good... I guess I'm just scared to move on because we've been together for over 4 years and he's honestly my first true love...
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  7. Senior Member
    I knew things were over when I started checking out other guys and wanting to get to know them better. I no longer wanted to spend time with my ex and made excuses of why I couldn't go see him or why I had to leave so soon. I realized that our relationship wasn't going anywhere and I decided to end it even though it was hard to let go of 6 years. I didn't stop caring but I stopped loving him.

8. Senior Member
    I ended my last serious relationship when I found out that he was cheating on me with the neighbour (I know, a classic!). I ended it right there and then!

But in your situation I'd ask a different question, like what can I / we do to make it better?

I hope things will work out for you!

Carpe noctem!
  9. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika View Post
    First of all If you ever need to talk or just get away feel free to come here.

But to answer your question, I've always been the one to completely end things. I may not start it, but I tend to finish it. I'm not really sure how I knew, I just did. Just like you just know when you don't need to end it. If you have doubts though, maybe there is something still there worth fighting for. Anytime I ended it, I had no doubts left...
    I'm the same way. I'm usually the one to call it quits and when it's done I just know it's done and there's nothing left to fight for. If you have any hesitations then you need to think about those hesitations...and how long you've been together should never be a reason to stay. It should be about him and your relationship and not about time.

and I hope you find some peace within yourself about your relationship!
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !