Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He gave up..

1. Regular Member

He gave up..

Advertisements
    Well for those who know our background...were done.

I havent heard from him in almost a month and a half and finally got an email from him on Sunday. He admitted that he wasnt putting enough into the relationship, and he said that he changed in the 2 1/2 months hes been over there. He said he didnt even care if something happened to him. He asked me not to wait for him b/c he doesnt think that he's worth waiting for. He doesnt even recognize the person hes turned into, and he doesnt want to hurt me anymore.

As much as I hate to say this, my gut told me that something was wrong with us, and that the break up was inevitable. Recently I felt like I was clinging to straws, hoping that this would work out. Im not going to fight for this relationship to work, Ill do what he asked.

Anyways, good luck to all of you girls, thank you for all of your advice and support, I hope your homecomings rock, and all of your SO's make it home safe.

*Faith
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry!! hopefully he will come around he might have been going through a rough patch...
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I really think that this has nothing to do with you and your relationship but rather a side effect of the deployment. I wouldn't lose all hope but maybe give him some space with the occassional, "Hey just wanted to let you know that I care."
  4. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    I really think that this has nothing to do with you and your relationship but rather a side effect of the deployment. I wouldn't lose all hope but maybe give him some space with the occassional, "Hey just wanted to let you know that I care."
    I couldn't agree more.

OP- I'm sorry you feel defeated but don't give up on it completely. anyway
  6. Senior Member

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

7. Senior Member
    I'm sorry he did that to you, hang in there though!
  8. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    I agree. Don't give up completely but do let him know occasionally that you do care and you're there if he needs you. It sounds like he's going through a pretty major bout of depression and being completely alone right now might not be the best thing for him.

I hope he comes around and comes back to you! Please don't give up on SOS, either! We'll always be here for you!!!
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  9. Senior Member
    I'm sorry hun
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRed911 View Post
    I agree. Don't give up completely but do let him know occasionally that you do care and you're there if he needs you. It sounds like he's going through a pretty major bout of depression and being completely alone right now might not be the best thing for him.

I hope he comes around and comes back to you! Please don't give up on SOS, either! We'll always be here for you!!!

Theres no way I could just turn my back on you girls..I just need some time to heal and to take a breather.

Im hoping that he'll realize whats waiting for him @ home and reconsider, but im not going to hold onto that single thought to get me through, kwim?

I dont want him to be alone, but I know that at this point, trying to fight for it to work would just smother him.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast