Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I made a decision

1. Regular Member

I made a decision

Advertisements
    I had previously posted and said I wanted a divorce because I HATE the Navy lifestyle and do not want to be a military wife. We got married 6 months after we met and then he deployed a couple of months after that. My husband has been trying hard to call/email when he can but he knows it's not enough. Since he left my dog died, my dad tried to commit suicide and my uncle got lung cancer. All in 2 months! My luck has been so bad. I decided it was only fair to tell my husband that I have doubts and that if he stays in the military I will support him as a friend but I can't be his wife. It has been too much for me to go through all of this crap by myself and I need a full time husband. So I told him as nicely as possible that this isn't the lifestyle for me. Granted, he hates the Navy but stays in because he doesn't think he can get another job. Poor thing has no self confidence. I make a lot of money and told him I'll support him if he wants to take the GI bill and finish his degree. I told him I'll support any education and or career he wants as long as it's reasonable (sorry, but for me the military is not reasonable, especially because he hates it anyway). He told me that he actually doesn't see it as a choice because the only choice is his wife and that he won't put me through this again because he knows how horrible it is for me. I told him if he wanted to stay in the military I would still love him and help him however I can but that I just can't continue to live my life this way. He told me he's getting out! THANK GOD. I hate this deployment and I hate the Navy and I just want May to get here already so he'll be home and I'll never have to deal with this again. I told him before we got married that I would not have children with him if he stayed in the Navy. We should've not gotten married until after his deployment. Then he could've told me to take a hike when I told him to pick between the Navy and me. Reading over this blog makes me realize how selfish I sound not willing to sacrifice for his career. But I really don't think he'd be happy either with a miserable wife. I told him that if he wanted to stay in the military I would make it as easy as possible to get rid of me - no fights about money or who gets what. He can have everything. I told him I was so sorry for doing this to him and that I feel like a horrible person and that we should've waited to get married. But he picked me anyway. Wow, I'm a lucky girl.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well, it's not for everyone.

I hate to see someone miserable, but I hate to see someone drop out of the ranks of military wife, too. It's a pretty good feeling, if you can get into it.

For your sakes, I'm glad you're happy.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm sorry. I am glad you have found a solution that will make you happy.

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

4. Senior Member
    Wow...I guess I always thought that I would rather be married to my husband(even if he deploys) than not have him in my life at all.
    It is truly a hard life. I am glad you are honest with him.
    I am a pretty independent person so I deal OK with my DH being gone. Some people are not like that. I can understand that as well. I hope you find happiness.
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  5. JadedPrincess
    I have no words...none at all. Actually, yeah I do. (And I know no one is going to like this and that's fine.)

Good luck and go away.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    HOw sad fo him that you didnt think about all of this before you took vows with each other that were supposed to be broken. How sad for him that he is out at sea serving his country and he married someone who decided they wanted to break his heart becuase they are not strong enough for the military life style. How sad for him that he ever met you....THATS how I feel about it
  7. JadedPrincess

You have the balls that I don't!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ordinance View Post
    HOw sad fo him that you didnt think about all of this before you took vows with each other that were supposed to be broken. How sad for him that he is out at sea serving his country and he married someone who decided they wanted to break his heart becuase they are not strong enough for the military life style. How sad for him that he ever met you....THATS how I feel about it
    You knew he was in the Navy when you married him. If you didn't like it then, what the hell made you think you would like it now?

What the fuck? Go away. Just go. You wait until his life is in danger to decide you just can't take it and he HAS to choose. You couldn't wait?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well im glad you found a solution that makes you happy. because its not fun when you aren't happy. but i do want to add soomething else...

he is out here fighting for our country... he is fighting so we can have a normal life here in the states, he is fighting so our children can go to school, so we can be safe at night, so we have the freedom of choice.. need i go on?

im sorry your miserable, believe me when i say this and im pretty sure i speak for everyone, if i could have my df home and he didn't have to deploy i would pick that anyday over him being gone for 15 months.

i know some people aren't cut out for the military life but i think its pretty crazy that you make him pick between you and the navy. even if he does hate it, i think that is something you should have discussed once he gets home.

df loves the military, he loves serving his country and he is one of those guys that believes he owes it to this country, to the men who fought before us.
    i personally dont care for the "military career" i hope df serves his time and gets out, but i would never email/call him and tell him how horrible it all is. im sure your dh is very stressed right now and when your stressed and telling him he has to pick between you and his job im sure that makes it harder on him.

anyway sorry if any of that sounds mean or rude its just my opinon.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh and im not sure how the navy works, but df signed for four years, once he gets back he will still have over a year left of active duty and then 4 years of in-active duty (not sure how thats spelled)

im guessing the navy is prob. pretty close to the same? will he even be able to get out as soon as he gets home?
  10. I love dress whites!!
    I love dress whites!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedPrincess View Post
    You knew he was in the Navy when you married him. If you didn't like it then, what the hell made you think you would like it now?

What the fuck? Go away. Just go. You wait until his life is in danger to decide you just can't take it and he HAS to choose. You couldn't wait?
    Hey now, it's not her fault if she's too big of a sissy to handle being a navy wife. Now on the other hand yes it is her fault cuz she knew what she was gettin in to.

ok I am done now
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast