Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My Story....

1. Princessa

My Story....

Advertisements
    DB and I had been strictly platonic best friends for 9 months before we started dating.... It was beautiful, and we started living together and it was still great. We each had our own little quirks about us, but over all it was fine... Over the last 8/9 months things slowly changed and this place started to eat away at us... We were financially strained/drained for a long time, and so we had no money to do anything or go anywhere.... living paycheck to paycheck and it sucked... not what either one of us wanted... it seemed like we had nothing in common because we couldn't afford to go out and try new things or anything really... Life got complacent and we got complicated...

We agreed to separate and be civil and be adult about it... it wasn't for not loving each other that we decided it wasn't working after all... and I do still love him... For now we are not together, but I am working on getting my life together and making changes here and there... I know that the only way we will ever work is if he and I take the time to make the necessary changes... I hope that one day I can post about us being together, but for now I can't really post anything relationship-wise...
    Last edited by Princessa; 12-04-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    So you guys seperated becuase you were living pay check to pay check and couldnt go out and try new things?
  3. Princessa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ordinance View Post
    So you guys seperated becuase you were living pay check to pay check and couldnt go out and try new things?

No, we separated because of a lot of things... money was a main factor... not being able to pay bills can start make you mad and seeing red in your account doesn't help either... but we also separated because over the last 8/9 months he became this other man, and not the guy I know and love... he started nit picking at things to be pissed about i/e, the fact that I don't like to fold laundry and don't do it right away... I mean that is stupid, but he would get pissed about it... or he didn't like my job... and I know that it wasn't my job, it was because he was so stressed out with flightschool and some other things that he was taking it out on me... We started talking and decided to separate now and still be friends and just working on ourselves and seeing what happens in the future... does that make sense?

Banned
    i would say since the military pays so little and it is so easy to get behind in payments that living paycheck to paycheck does put a strain on a relationship and especially if you have kids it can be overwhelming im glad that it was a civil breakup for you though
  5. Princessa
    Quote Originally Posted by ijustdidit2012 View Post
    i would say since the military pays so little and it is so easy to get behind in payments that living paycheck to paycheck does put a strain on a relationship and especially if you have kids it can be overwhelming im glad that it was a civil breakup for you though

Exactly.... and he has a beautiful little girl from a previous marriage and a lot of his paycheck goes for child support... We'll see though... life is crazy, so hopefully we'll be together again one day...