Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Boot camp

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad Boot camp

Advertisements
    My SO is leaving for boot camp really soon and I don't know how to act, I'm trying not to be sad but sometimes I just start crying and I don't want to stress him out but I'm so upset. We live together so two months without each other is gonna be so hard and then we're still kept gonna live together after boot camp. It's just hard bc our whole life is about to change and all my friends see is a cute military relationship no one understands how hard it really is. Could use some advice on how to deal with this all
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celinacormier1 View Post
    My SO is leaving for boot camp really soon and I don't know how to act, I'm trying not to be sad but sometimes I just start crying and I don't want to stress him out but I'm so upset. We live together so two months without each other is gonna be so hard and then we're still kept gonna live together after boot camp. It's just hard bc our whole life is about to change and all my friends see is a cute military relationship no one understands how hard it really is. Could use some advice on how to deal with this all
    Is your SO joining as active enlisted? I ask because if so, he will be gone much longer than 2 months he's at boot camp. He will attend training (I think the Air Force calls it Tech School) for X amount of months. Then he'll get stationed somewhere where he'll probably be required to live in the barracks until he reaches a certain rank.

As for what to do, work on becoming independent. Focus on your happiness and spend your time doing fulfilling activities.

3. Senior Member
    Just so you know, because I know it is all very confusing at first, for the Air Force it is basic training, not boot camp. After basic training he will go to tech school to learn about the job he will be doing. As idratherbehiking mentioned, if he is joining as active duty he will not be able to live with you when he gets assigned to his permanent base because he will have to live in the dorms.

Everyone deals with the changes differently, but the best way is to be busy doing things you enjoy and learning more about yourself as an individual.