Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Love don't know what distance is

1. Regular Member

Confused Love don't know what distance is

Advertisements
    Hi, guys!
    I'm new to this forum, but I really hope to get some help and support from you all because I really need it.
    My boyfriend is currently deployed and this is our first deployment. We have been off and on for 2 years but have been official for almost 2 months. I know it may sound silly.
    He's my life and even though we talk every day, when we don't talk I feel so lost and my anxiety just goes crazy.
    Just looking for people to talk to about it, if you're in my position, please reply <3

Thanks so much!
    <3 <3 <3 J&J
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    How long has your boyfriend been gone?

I am not in your exact situation but my DB is currently stationed overseas. If you want to connect with people going through deployments there are a couple sections of the site for specific deployment months, etc.
  3. Regular Member
    He's been deployed for almost 2 months now. I don't exactly know what to talk about because I've never been on a site like this.
  4. Regular Member

Smile

I feell the same way ! mine wont be back for the next 3-4 months,but I will wait on him.Love knows no time or distance ,is there within our hearts.
  5. Senior Member

also, love that song by Hunter Hayes.
  6. Regular Member
    Finally! (: Haha someone got the lyric reference (:
    Yeah he won't be back for a good long while (opsec, ya know?)
    Some days I'm up and some days I'm down and ugh.....today's definitely a down day.
    Got my bears sunday football to keep me entertained though
    Do any of you suffer from anxiety? I'd be very interested in talking to someone who has the same day to day issues as I do
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by army_girlfriend31 View Post
    Hi, guys!
    I'm new to this forum, but I really hope to get some help and support from you all because I really need it.
    My boyfriend is currently deployed and this is our first deployment. We have been off and on for 2 years but have been official for almost 2 months. I know it may sound silly.
    He's my life and even though we talk every day, when we don't talk I feel so lost and my anxiety just goes crazy.
    Just looking for people to talk to about it, if you're in my position, please reply <3

Thanks so much!
    <3 <3 <3 J&J
    Hi! We have so much in common! My soldier has been gone for 2 months as well, we've been dating off and on for 2 years (we got back together in March of this year). We also talk everyday, just about (unless he's out the gate) and have it hard when we don't get to talk. We have had a few arguments over the last month and it's been tough. He's been very touchy, stressed, but he is also very communicative and we are hanging on strong! I struggle with doubt, worry and some anxiety and need assurance from him but am learning that I need to cope with my insecurities with this long distance situation. He has enough to worry about, plus he has told me that I am his crutch and positive outlet (no pressure) so I'm working on being just that. I send him care pkgs as often as I get around to putting them together. I try to send one a month and he looks fwd to them. He proposed to me in August and we planned to marry next summer but have decided to wait a bit until he's home to set a date. This way we can spend time together and have a normal relationship for a little while since we have always been LDL...

Sigh I can't wait till he comes home! Hang in there, you can do it. One day at a time!