Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camokitteh and 907Kim April LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Camokitteh and 907Kim April LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy April (Fool's Day)!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Hi April Pal! How is it going? Are you as excited as I am about it being April? I feel like this year is cruising by!

Johanna is my wifey!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 907Kim View Post
    Hi April Pal! How is it going? Are you as excited as I am about it being April? I feel like this year is cruising by!
    Hey there! I mean, I'm pretty excited but I'm also shitting my pants because I'm graduating next month... So I have mixed feelings about this month. But I'm glad to see you're excited!
  4. the siren that sings you home
    Don't shit your pants. I don't think I could talk to you if you did.

That is really exciting, though. You're about to be a grown-up (like, for real). I think working with people and eating disorders would be really interesting work.

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Don't shit your pants. I don't think I could talk to you if you did.

That is really exciting, though. You're about to be a grown-up (like, for real). I think working with people and eating disorders would be really interesting work.
    Its pretty crazy. I'm still trying to figure out whats going to happen over the summer and what not but I'm just leaving it to God to help me because I know it'll work out in the end.

How are things with you? I saw that your LDR is ending this month! Thats awesome!! What other future plans are coming up?
  6. the siren that sings you home
    Leaving it to God is always a good idea. His plan is usually better than our own, anyway, right? Either way, at least you'll have a degree behind your name and a world of possibilities ahead of you. Very cool.

This is my last full month of LDL. After over 2 years, DH and I are completely freaking out about this (in a good way). It's crazy to think that sometime in May, DH and I will have a place of our own. I. Can't. Wait. We have never lived together, so this month is going to be crazy for me. I'll be shopping a lot and trying to pick up household necessities and all that. All I can think about is the future...and how weird it is going to be to live with a man. I did get a great deal on an 8-piece bedding set and super nice sheets at Macys.com. Gotta love sales.

Other than that, I am still in negotiations for a position at a gym as a small group trainer. I'm hoping that they get their act together soon so that I can start working full time again. I really miss spending all day, every day, in the gym.

Today has been a little crazy. I'm tired, but I still have a lot to do. I've been cat-sitting for a friend of the family, and she has two cats (that I adore, but I am allergic too). So. I'm hiding at my mom's house right now trying to find some allergy meds. It isn't a serious reaction, I just get itchy, but it get annoying when they cuddle up with me on the couch. One of them, Alice, kept me up because she was "hunting" her toys. She's super vocal...it's funny.

How has your week been, so far? Anything new and exciting happening this weekend?

Johanna is my wifey!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Leaving it to God is always a good idea. His plan is usually better than our own, anyway, right? Either way, at least you'll have a degree behind your name and a world of possibilities ahead of you. Very cool.

This is my last full month of LDL. After over 2 years, DH and I are completely freaking out about this (in a good way). It's crazy to think that sometime in May, DH and I will have a place of our own. I. Can't. Wait. We have never lived together, so this month is going to be crazy for me. I'll be shopping a lot and trying to pick up household necessities and all that. All I can think about is the future...and how weird it is going to be to live with a man. I did get a great deal on an 8-piece bedding set and super nice sheets at Macys.com. Gotta love sales.

Other than that, I am still in negotiations for a position at a gym as a small group trainer. I'm hoping that they get their act together soon so that I can start working full time again. I really miss spending all day, every day, in the gym.

Today has been a little crazy. I'm tired, but I still have a lot to do. I've been cat-sitting for a friend of the family, and she has two cats (that I adore, but I am allergic too). So. I'm hiding at my mom's house right now trying to find some allergy meds. It isn't a serious reaction, I just get itchy, but it get annoying when they cuddle up with me on the couch. One of them, Alice, kept me up because she was "hunting" her toys. She's super vocal...it's funny.

How has your week been, so far? Anything new and exciting happening this weekend?
    That does sounds really exciting! I can see what you mean with living with a man for the first time on your own. I would probably feel the same as you. Where are you settling down? Somewhere near where you are now?

That's pretty neat that you're a trainer. I knew someone who was studying to become one and its pretty involved. So kudos!

This week has been kinda crazy. I went to DB's house for easter for the weekend and that went pretty well. On monday though, DB was kinda coming down hard on me about after graduation and it kinda sent me into freeze mode because I was so overwhelmed. So its taken baby steps but I feel like I'm finally unfrozen today after seeing my counselor. Now I'm in the process of talking to financial aid about my loans and what not and figuring out what sort of things are feasible within making sure my loans can be deferred and all that jazz.

Otherwise, I'm just doing my last semester the best I can. I have two classes today and then I'm taking a R.A.D. Course that I just started on tuesday. Its totally amazing and empowering! I love it! So I'm looking forward to that tonight.

This weekend, I'm not really doing anything. Probably just relaxing and maybe painting. I'll probably looking into stuff for graduate school and what not. But I really like to unwind on the weekends. How about you??
  8. the siren that sings you home
    We will be living in the same city where we both grew up, actually So it should be pretty fun. We are planning on buying a home within the next two years...in the meantime we will live in a 2-bedroom apartment. We haven't found the perfect place yet, but we still have time to look. As a bonus, both sets of our parents live here, so we have options for places to stay until we get settled. Ideally, we'd like to live close to base, which is kind of tricky in this city because some of the places close to base aren't in the best part of town. Oh well. We'll find something.

Studying for my certification was pretty involved, but I had been working in a gym as an instructor for 3 years, so I had a good knowledge base to build on. I love it. I'm passionate about it, and it's something that I can do for my entire life, and it's something that I can use to help keep my future kids active. I was an overweight kid, so I'm really focused on making sure that my kids don't have to go through all of that pain.

I would love to take a formal RAD course! That would be so much fun. But, my BIL is a professional fighter up here, and he and DH are going to teach me how to punch and kick properly. That's like the same thing. I hope you have a blast in class! That would be an awesome stress reliever.

Definitely take baby-steps. All of that post-graduation stuff can be overwhelming. I hope you are able to get things sorted out quickly and painlessly. I have faith in you!

I don't really have any solid plans for the weekend. More shopping, probably. I went this afternoon and found nice bath towels, hand towels, & washcloths. I feel like a grown-up. Other than that, just pet-sitting...hanging out with the cats. I need to put together one last CP for DH. I have sent him a box every month that he's been in S.Korea, so this one will have to be special. He loves my homemade banana bread, so I'll make that. And some chocolate souffle cookies...and candy (of course).

Do you like to cook or bake? What kind of painting do you do?

Johanna is my wifey!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hey girl!! How was your weekend?!? Did you end up going shopping? How did the CP turn out? I'm thinking I might send DB something along with a letter... I'm just not sure what yet.

My weekend was alright. I mostly just hung around and talked to DB. He was kinda bumming out this weekend. He's kinda cute because when he really misses me he'll say, "I miss you hardcore right now." Poor guy. I tried to have a little fun with him () But he wasn't digging it. Even with sexy things on! It was fine in the end. I just felt bad because he was just stonewalling me, ya know? But it was nice to hear him verbalize it because he's pretty locked tight with emotions.

Great news! I figured out what I want to do and where I want to go after graduation! :party I decided on dance/movement therapy and there's a school right in Keene that has a master's program just for that! So its all falling into place better than I could've hoped! Even putting a little faith in God goes a long way!

So I see you collect mugs? Thats pretty cool! I'd love to see pics if you have some. Or you could just describe them to me. I have this one big mug that my counselor gave me and I LOVE it. I LOVE how big it is! I can make two packages of oatmeal in it! I've always wanted a mug with a mustache on it.
  10. the siren that sings you home
    My weekend went well. I did a TON of shopping. Spent about $1000 total, but I have almost everything that we'll need to get started in our new life. The CP was nothing special. I mean, I didn't decorate it or anything, but filled it with homemade banana bread and candy and love. You should send a CP. It always makes me happy to send boxes to DH. I usually include a sappy letter, his favorite candies, and random things that are special to us.

I miss Skype sexy-time. DH doesn't have internet (he hasn't had any in his room since Dec.), so we no longer have privacy. I mean, he can't go to the PX and get busy. I'm sorry that you didn't get any either, but you're right, at least your man opened up about what he was feeling. Sometimes that means more than ...although, sometimes you just need to see someone naked. Haha. Oh well...I'm counting down the days until I can have some real-in-person-action.

That is awesome! I wish you all the best of luck in your new adventure. That sounds like a really awesome program to get involved in! God is good

I don't think I have any pictures of my mugs. Most of them are boxed up at the moment, but my favorite one is a bigger, red cup with a K on it. I have two huge mugs with colorful stripes (I can eat two cups of soup from them) and I love them. Seriously, nothing is better than a giant mug. Especially when you're tired and cranky and you just want that much tea/coffee. I have seen a few mustache mugs online, and I think those are adorable too. I have a few mugs that were handmade by a family friend as well, but they are smaller (or normal size, which is small to me).

Johanna is my wifey!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast