Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serenity and Johanna March LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Serenity and Johanna March LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy March!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. Senior Member
    Hi How are you doing? Any plans for this week?
  3. Senior Member
    serenity

This is my first time being an LDL pal and i'm excited I'm an open book anything you wanna know ask, or i'll probably end up telling you anyways

Me and my DF been LD for a looonnggg time, pretty well for as long as we've known each other . He was in Japan and now he's just pcs'd to AZ so i'm excited to have him stateside finally but it's still LD b/c i'm stuck here in missouri

where are you from? where's SO at??
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Hi How are you doing? Any plans for this week?
    I'm actually home sick from work I'm giving myself one more day but am debating going to the dr depends how the day goes.

Since it's tax season i work 50hr weeks so that pretty well takes up my week Although i do look fwd to biggest loser on mondays and bible study on tuesday nights

how are you? any exciting plans for the week?
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  5. Senior Member
    I'm excited too, even if it isn't my first time. It's just always fun! And I always like having lots to read so feel free to tell me whatever you'd like

We've been LD since the very beginning too, so like 2 years and a little. And we're gonna be for a while longer... boo. How did you two meet? And yay for him being stateside! That's great. Probably makes talking much easier cause the time difference is less

I'm from Germany, living in the east, pretty close to the Polish and Czech border (like an hour). And my GF is in North Carolina, at least most of the time
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I'm excited too, even if it isn't my first time. It's just always fun! And I always like having lots to read so feel free to tell me whatever you'd like

We've been LD since the very beginning too, so like 2 years and a little. And we're gonna be for a while longer... boo. How did you two meet? And yay for him being stateside! That's great. Probably makes talking much easier cause the time difference is less

I'm from Germany, living in the east, pretty close to the Polish and Czech border (like an hour). And my GF is in North Carolina, at least most of the time
    oh wow yeah you def understand the woes of international LD

i always feel our story is a long one but here goes!

DF and I met online lil over 3yrs ago now he was straight outta training and just graduated. So i didn't go through all the bootcamp woes and such. We talked for like 2weeks and then met but then he told me he had orders to japan for 3yrs...so i said we could be friends b/c i was just outta military relationship and i wasn't ready for another LDR so soon. (i was honest). Over the years we kept tabs on each other, we'd date people ,it wouldn't work out. We always ended up talking for a bit, he'd ask me to wait for him and to be with him. I still wasn't ready for LDR, so i'd say no. Also he's 7yrs younger than me, so i didn't really think he was ready for a relationship with distance August of 2011 my relationship with my SO at that time went sour. So i sucked it up and made plans to go on a 3week cruise starting in amsterdam...before i left DF got ahold of me, and said he wanted to talk when i got back. Well, i got back in september, but didn't try to get hold of DF til october. Apparently he was deployed now Fast fwd a few months , we started talking seriously jan 2012 but didn't get officially together till may 2012.....he came home to me in july '12 we spent a week together, he asked me to marry him, i said yes and now 9months later, we've seen eachother, been through things, and are very much in love. The date is set for march 7th 2014

I'm sure thats all over the place how did you and ur SO meet?? ur turn for story time!

907Kim is my wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Haha, yeah, we do know international dating Especially considering that I'm German and she's American. That's gonna be some fun once we wanna move together

Congrats on the engagement! It sure took you a while to get there But if it's meant to be, it will be 7 years is quite an age difference, at least would be to me. My GF and I are only a year and half apart, and I'm the younger one. What are you working as? And you're gonna move to be with him after your wedding?

My GF and I have quite some cheesy story, to be honest. We met in February '11, in Southern France. We both went to the same language school and started the same day so we met during the reception meeting and then there was a city tour and our group ended up at a restaurant and we sat across each other and I ended up stealing her food apparently that won her over Took us about 4 days to come out to each other, though, we've been pretty obvious with hinting at it. We hung out every day after school, she always picked me up cause I had afternoon classes and she didn't. We also made sure to not include anyone else into our plans We also watched movies every night and well, it just fit. We spent three weeks in France and then just decided to try and see if we can make it work. She visited me in April, I visited her from July till October, and then she volunteered for a deployment. It was pretty unexpected... and with that, we didn't see each other again till December '12. Fuuuuuuuun times. That's the short version though
  8. Senior Member
    that is a story! how did you like it over here?? was that your first trip to america?? Have ya'll discussed moving? who would move?

Darius (DF) and i have started having "the move" talks. He's only been in AZ a week, and now that he's back stateside it's like he's so close but yet so far We dunno if we really wanna be apart for another year. I mean nobody WANTS to be apart, ya know? He only has a little over a year left on his contract, So is it ideal to move before then or to wait and get married and then move to whereever they send him next I don't have much keeping here in missouri besides family. Where i work isn't ideal, i'm a tech support for tax software :whoopdeedo it pays my bills tho

The age thing was definitely hard for me to get past!!! I mean , i'm 28 (almost 29) and DF is 22. I see movies or hear a song form the 90s and i get teenage memories. then it hits me ...oh i was 12 when this song came out, but DF was 5 luckily my family ages well and i don't look older My younger brother actually helped me get past it, he's 8years younger than his wife and they been married 5yrs now yeah, he's 25 and she's 33 and they got married when he was 20

Do you have any brothers or sisters? i have 4 brothers , one older and 3younger you'd think DF would understand why i'm so spoiled but he doesn't

907Kim is my wifey
  9. Senior Member
    It's been quite a ride, and still is. And in between all that, I also graduated university I did like it in the US. I spent most of my time in DC and I love it there. I would totally move there. And it was my 4th trip actually We haven't really discussed things too much in detail, but in the end, it's probably gonna be me who will move, at least in the beginning. My degree will probably transfer a lot easier and she still wants to keep studying. Also, I speak English, she doesn't really speak German yet.

Totally understand the not wanting to be apart. It's no fun. Would you like to move to AZ? And is he gonna reenlist? Oh, tech support. I feel for you. You probably have to deal with a lot of annoying customers/people. I am working at the supermarket at the moment and damn, they sometimes manage to drive me up the wall.

I'm sure the age difference won't be much of a problem. And wow, 4 siblings... I only have one sister, who is younger, and that's quite enough for me
  10. Senior Member
    I haven't even been to DC! It's on my "to go" places tho! sadly i haven't done much traveling within the USA. My trip in '11 actually put my international travels exceeded over my american travels

Whats your degree in?? congrats on graduating! :congratulations

I've worked the grocery store route myself My customers can get rather tiresome , but i always tell myself they're stressed b/c of tax season and our legislation isn't making their job any easier this year luckily i work with professional CPAs which lemme tell you is a BIG difference b/t the average consumer granted they have their holier-than-thou moments but for the most part they're okay.

I've never had a sister nor really wanted one I like being the only girl and the favorite among my family

DF is debating to reenlist or not, i think he will. Since i've known him he's always wanted to be career. Plus he's had plans to rank up and go to EOD training. Its only last couple months he's thought about maybe not, but i don't see thats where his heart really is. He loves being in the marines, He doesn't love being away from me or his family. Which is another reason i kinda wanna move out there earlier, b/c then we can see how life would semi be with us together and the military , ya know? Plus i'm not too thrilled on the the idea, of getting married and THEN living together. Although, i know thats pretty common in the military world my thoughts are scattered on this as u can tell

907Kim is my wifey
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast