Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serenity and 907Kim February LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Serenity and 907Kim February LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy February ladies!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Hi February Pal! Here is to hoping that this month goes by quickly for both of us!
    How are you doing?

Johanna is my wifey!
  3. Senior Member
    Hey there I really hope the month will pass quickly too.

I'm having a rather rough time right now, but I hope I'll be a good pal despite this. What have you been doing the weekend?
  4. the siren that sings you home
    I remembered your post from a few days ago. I'm sorry things are still not going well. You can vent to me through PM if you feel the need. I know we don't know each other, but I am more than willing to listen if you need me.

This weekend has been pretty laid back, so far. I've been doing a lot of reading lately. DH got me hooked on this series of fantasy novels, and I go through the books like they are candy. Between that, I've been working out a lot and starting to think about our upcoming PCS. The rest of the month should be pretty boring for me, actually. I'm vacationing in Texas right now, so I'm not working or anything. But, at the end of the month I'll be headed back home to Alaska and I'll be looking for work and all that good stuff. I guess it's almost time to be a real adult

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    Thank you Yeah, things are not any better than a few days ago, nor do I think it's gonna be better anytime soon, except if my GF finally decides to pull her head out of her behind I might take you up on your offer cause I'm really not dealing well with the whole situation and I'm lacking proper distraction, to be honest.

What series are you reading? I love reading and now that I'm out of school, I'm trying to get back into it and I'm always up for suggestions. I'm currently reading The Wizard of Oz and Memories of a Stolen Childhood (or something similar, it's an autobiography and kinda depressing). And yeah, I am always reading several books at the same time When are you PCSing? And where? I wanna work out more but I haven't been in the mood and work has scheduled me on the nights of sports classes so I've been lazy and just eating my feelings. Where in Texas are you? I've been to Texas on a cross-country vacation trip and we stopped in San Antonio and I really liked it there. What kind of jobs will you be looking for? And boo for becoming an adult. I'm not liking it much either
  6. the siren that sings you home
    PM anytime. I'm online pretty much all the time I have no life right now. Sometimes it's hard to find distractions when all you really want is for things to be resolved or back to normal, you know?

I'm reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. 14 books in total. I'm not a big fantasy reader...normally I don't care for those sorts of books. But this series is so good! You really get to know the characters and there is so much going on. I normally read two books at once, because there are times when you just need to read a few chapters of something different. Nice to know you are the same way I really enjoy historical fiction and biographies (I'm sort of a big nerd )

We will be PCSing in May. We got orders for Fort Richardson, in Alaska (which is where we are both from), so that should be fun. At least we will have friends and family around. Right now I'm in Austin. I love it, for the most part. The only downside is that I have allergies here. Not something I had to deal with back home in Alaska. I have family spread all around Texas though, so I've been all over. I drove through San Antonio once. It was alright. Would've been better if I got out of the car, I guess.

I just got my Personal Trainer Certification in December, so I'll be looking for a job in a gym somewhere. I developed a real passion for fitness. I was an overweight teen, and that definitely made growing up painful. So, I started eating right and working out 6 years ago when I left high school, and then ended up working in a gym as an instructor for 3 years. I feel good when I'm helping other people, and I figured that I could make that a career. Well, until DH and I have kids. I won't be working after that (unless I really, really want to).

I think being an adult would be okay if I actually got to be with DH. Without him, paying bills and being responsible isn't fun.

Johanna is my wifey!
  7. Senior Member
    I have no life right now either The joys of being out of school and having to wait for a job, which I won't start before August/September. I was supposed to spend a lot of that time in between with my GF but that seems kind of unlikely at the moment. I'm gonna pm you with what's going on, just so you have an idea about why I might be grumpy and whiny for a while longer.

I'm gonna look up that series. I'm not too much into fantasy either but I got some good books from the GF so it made me believe that there might be some books that are good in the fantasy genre and that I could get into. And exactly, sometimes I don't feel like something depressing so I read something else. Plus, I have some books on the kindle and I can't read on that in the bathtub and I won't take it to work with me either since I have no place to lock in my stuff. I really like crime fiction and the more gritty stuff. I need suspense in reading, otherwise I get bored easily. It's why I can never read love stories, there's just not enough going on. My dance teacher and others in my group are raving about the 50 Shades of Grey series but I really don't understand it. I read like the first 3 chapters and was bored. I couldn't find anything interesting about it

My GF was in Austin when she came back from deployment since they demobilized on some base in Texas and one of her best friends lives there now. She said she really liked it and that I'd probably like it too. I enjoyed visiting the Alamo and walking along the Riverwalk in San Antonio, though, it's not really much of a river in my eyes

Oh, that's fun! Sometimes I wish I had more motivation to keep fit but I'll do what is necessary, more or less But I'm planning on doing more once my work schedule evens out more again. Working out helps me be more balanced. And I could really use some more balance with everything that's going on.

I honestly don't feel like much of an adult I still live at home but I'll be moving out this summer, when I start teaching and finally earning real money. It's gonna be nice. I'm not looking forward to all the bills. And still not being able to live with my GF (Well, if that ever will happen at all now...)
  8. the siren that sings you home
    Be as grumpy as you need to be It wont bother me at all.

I never got into the 50 Shades phase either. I mean, I read the first two, but it got really boring. The female character was super annoying. The writing was terrible. And it was so unbelievable. Garbage. I love suspenseful novels as well. I really like Jonathan Kellerman and Faye Kellerman. They both right Crime and suspense, and they are usually pretty good reads. I definitely recommend the Wheel of Time. Maybe because it's so different from what I normally read. Either way, it's wonderful.

Working out definitely helps stress levels and it certainly does help you balance things in your head. I went for a run yesterday just to have some time to think. I know I'm always happier and more positive when I work out. It's just something my body craves, these days.

What will you teach? Moving out on your own will be so liberating and fun. Yeah, the bills suck, but it's nice to have your own space in your own place. You'll love it!

Johanna is my wifey!
  9. Senior Member
    I'm doing somewhat okay today, so yay! Had a doctor's appointment today and unexpectedly found myself getting the flu shot too, now my arm hurts a little. I also hung out with two friends and went to sports class. So more or less an active day. Still missing the GF terribly though, meh.

I'm impressed you managed the first two books. I got bored after the first three chapters I just didn't find anyone likable. And yes, the writing is horrible. I've heard it actually used to be a Twilight fanfiction I looked up the description of Wheel of Time and it sounds good. I think I'll give it a try. I'll also check out the other two authors. I really enjoy Karin Slaughter, Val McDermind and some others, usually pretty gritty crime fiction.

I went to sports class today and I do feel pretty good about it, though my back hurts. I couldn't do everything cause my arm still hurts from the shot but oh well.

I will be teaching English and French, and if I'll make it to the US after all, (depending on my GF) I might teach German too. We'll see. Yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to living alone but I have to admit I wish I could move in with my GF, but not gonna happen too soon.
  10. the siren that sings you home
    I was at a doctor's appointment last month and my PCM made me promise him I'd get my flu shot. It was bizarre...I had no intention of getting one, just because I've never had one before and I've never gotten a serious case of the flu. Oh well. At least we both have it now! It does hurt your arm, though. Not fun.

I haven't heard of Karin Slaughter or Val McDermind. I might have to check them out when I'm done with my current series. These books are going to take over my whole life. Oh boy. I'm on the 6th one now, and it's over 1000 pages! But, it's so very good. I just can't put it down. And when DH calls me, we talk about it. I like having something other than "real life" to talk about when he calls. He doesn't always need to know the every-day details of my life.

Sorry your back hurts. No good! Pairing that with your arm, I think you have a good reason to take it easy today

You must have a real ear for language. I studied German in High School for 2 years, and spent 3 weeks in Germany on a mini-exchange. I had the chance to go to a school in the town I stayed in...My host-sister was in a Latin class, and I was totally clueless for that whole hour. It's weird, I still remember random words in German. I wish I would have kept up with it...but, I stopped learning after high school. I think it's neat that you're going to be a language teacher. Good for you

Johanna is my wifey!
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast