Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 907Kim and jerseyatheart86 November LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

907Kim and jerseyatheart86 November LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy November!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Hey! How is your day going?

3. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    My day is going okay. It's been a bit crazy, actually. My Grandmother (who I live with currently) had the interior of her house painted, so today we've been busy putting all the furniture back in place, and getting things back on the walls. I also had to do some grocery shopping, because we had no food in the house! I'm tired, but there is still more work to be done today.
    How's your Friday treating you?

Johanna is my wifey!
  4. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

My Friday has been hectic too. There is a gas shortage here in NJ because of Sandy and I had to wait in line for about an hour to get gas. I was one of the last ones to get gas from that station too so I'm pretty lucky. My doctor's appointment today was cancelled because the they still don't have power, so I'm hoping they get power next week and I can get in to see my doctor. My mom & I then went on a hunt to find an open supermarket that had refrigerated and frozen foods. We finally stopped at a CVS to just get some milk and eggs, so we are just gonna order pizza for dinner.

What color did your grandma have the inside of her house painted? Once the paint smell disappears, newly painted rooms just feel very clean. Maybe because when we paint, we go crazy cleaning everything since the furniture had to be moved anyway.

Any big weekend plans?

5. the siren that sings you home
    I will definitely pray that your doctor's office gets power soon, so you can go in and get your appointment taken care of. I'm glad you were able to get gas, though. One less thing to worry about.
    What kind of pizza did y'all order?

Grandma picked out a sandy beige color. It's really lovely. She had a dark maroon accent wall, and now that it's gone, the whole room feels much warmer and comfortable. Amazing what a little paint can do The house is spotless, pretty much all the time. My Grandma is very particular. I moved here this summer, because she had suffered 3 small strokes last year. My mom and dad thought that because my husband would be gone, the best place for me would be Grandma's house. I help her keep things tidy, as well as look after her dogs. Anyway, we have chores for each day of the week and her house is always clean.
    But, I agree, normally when people paint, the whole house gets cleaner. We did wipe down some paintings that were high on the walls that we couldn't reach from the stairs, and she was completely embarrassed that she had dust.

As far as weekend plans go, I don't really have any. Tomorrow, a family friend is having a garage sale, so I'll be stopping by in the morning to help her set up. Afterwards, there is some sort of Pow-Wow going on in Austin, and my Grandma mentioned that she'd like to go look at the arts and crafts there. After that, I just need to work out and do some studying. Pretty laid back, as usual.
    What about you?

Johanna is my wifey!
  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

We had margarita pizza and pepperoni. It was delicious!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma's strokes. That is very nice that you are there to help her out and everything! My DB's dad had a very bad stroke back in February of last year. He was in amazing shape for a 69 year old man. The doctors think that being in such great physical shape is what helped him survive the stroke. Unfortunately, the area in his brain that was affected by the stroke is what controls his mental well being. After of almost a year of physical therapy, both inpatient and out, he is still bedridden. He never had any desire to get better. They have put him on numerous anti-depressants and everything but nothing has helped him. He just lays in bed all day long. The only time he gets up is to eat. He can walk the 15 feet or so to the kitchen but a lot of the time he refuses, that he wants to sit in his wheelchair. Plus, my DB's mom is not a nice person and she treats her husband like crap.

Your grandma sounds like mine when it comes to keeping the house clean. My grandma (who is no longer with us) had her house spotless that you could eat off of the floor. She would climb ladders even though she wasn't suppose to, to try and clean the windows. She was 85 and had a balance issue but that didn't stop her. My mom eventually had to take the ladders away after she almost fell down.

I have no plans really. I'm going to try and see if I can go to DB's mom's house to check on them and write out her bills. She can't write English. DB also has a package there that we wants me to get and mail it to him. Sunday, I'm suppose to hang out with a couple of my friends who I haven't seen in a long time, so I'm looking forward to that. And Sunday is Walking Dead tonight! I'm in love with that show and I have no idea why.

I hope you have a great time if you take your grandma to Pow-Wow! Are you going to be able to see your husband for the holidays?

7. the siren that sings you home
    I yelled at my Grandma for standing on a table to reach the ceiling fan. She just doesn't know how to slow down. At all. If she had ladders, I would probably lock them up somewhere. She's an incredible woman, that's for sure.

I love Walking Dead! I'm watching season two on Netflix, because I didn't get into the show until recently. It's soooo goood! How is season 3 so far? I hope you have a good time hanging out with your DB's mom. It's really nice of you to spend time with her. I'm sure it's a great comfort for you both.

I'm not sure if we're going to the pow-wow or not. Grandma stayed behind at the garage sale, and I haven't heard from her in hours. I'm sure she's having a blast, though. Maybe she was planning on going to the pow-wow alone Oh well. I haven't gotten anything done today, yet (except for setting up the garage sale at 6am). I came home, started reading and only stopped to take a phone call from DH. I'm still in pajamas, and it's passed noon. Hello lazy Saturday.

I will get to see DH over the holidays. He has over 3 weeks of leave that's been approved. I'm so excited, it's unreal. We've haven't spent 3 weeks together in almost 2 years! By the time we see each other in December, it will have been 7.5 months since the last time we saw each other. I'm starting to get all sorts of nervous and anxious. I'm so ready for this LD to be over. Is it May, yet?
    What about you? Will you be with your DB for Christmas or New Years?

Johanna is my wifey!
  8. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Season 3 is really good so far! The last episode kind of confused me but that's probably because I wasn't paying attention because I was on the phone with DB. I DVRed it so I'm gonna watch it again right before the new episode tomorrow. DB is mad he is missing the season so I'm saving them on my DVR for him. Season 2 started to get really, really good towards the end of the season! That's all I'm gonna say cause I don't wanna spoil it for you.

Sounds like your grandma really is an incredible woman! I hope she had fun at the garage sale and if she did go to the Pow-Wow!

DB's mom is a crazy person but she was actually on her best behavior today that I actually enjoyed being there for a while. That's the first time that happened in a while, so that made my day much better.

7.5 months without seeing each other? You guys definitely deserve those 3 weeks of leave! I don't know how you do it. I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough. DB wants to get stationed in Japan for his first duty station and with his MOS he can get stationed anywhere. I would be nervous, anxious and excited too after that long. I hope your LD ends in May! That would be awesome!

Yes! I will be getting to see DB for Christmas and possibly New Years! If he can't get leave or RA for him to come home, I'm going to fly out to him in California! I'm really looking forward to it!

Any advice for someone just starting an LDR? We've been together for more than 6 year and we have been through hell & back. I know we can survive this, just at times it seems like it will never end and it's only been about 5 weeks since I've last seen him.

9. the siren that sings you home
    Don't spoil it! I'll be watching more Season two tonight, after I get all my housework, studying, and working out done.

Grandma didn't end up going to the Pow-wow. She stayed at the garage sale helping out. She managed to sell all of the Indian stuff she brought with her, though. Then, came home and told me that she was tired and she just wanted to take a bath and have some (nonalcoholic) wine. So, we hung out together, watched some TV, and had some wine.

I didn't feel well yesterday, so I stayed in bed longer than usual. After that, I felt like I was playing catch-up with the day. I hate that feeling. This morning, I woke up feeling crappy again. I have a lot to do, but I hope that after I eat some breakfast, I'll feel better.

What is your DB's MOS? My DH is EOD, and they get stationed almost everywhere as well. We are impatiently waiting for orders, at the moment. He's next in line to get his. I just want to know the exact date he'll be leaving S.Korea, and where we can finally call home.

I'm happy that you two will get to see each other in December as well It's not too far away! I keep checking my countdowns everyday. It makes me feel like a little kid, but I really am that excited to see my husband.

As far as advice goes...hmm. Well, communication is super important when you're LD. A lot of people (myself included) initially think that you need to talk all the time to stay connected. But, what DH and I had to learn is that talking too much does just as much damage as never talking. You have to find a balance in your communication, and everyone has different needs/expectations. Be honest with what you need/want from your man, and have him do the same for you. After that, things get a little easier (as long as both of your needs are met, communication-wise). If your needs change, talk about them.
    Another tip is just knowing that you'll have days that suck. For whatever reason, if will feel like your and your SO aren't on the same page, or even in the same book. It happens. You'll also have days that are amazing. Days that fill you up with love and hope for the future. Cherish those days.
    Don't take things too personally, if your DB needs more sleep than usual, or if he goes out around town and has fun. He's just trying to make the most of his situation. I had a hard time with this when DH first got to Korea. I was supposed to be with him, but at the last minute the Army changed his orders and I had to stay behind. We have never lived together, and I was so hurt that he was going to spend so much time away. When he got there, he found friends and kept himself busy...and I sat at home feeling left out because I didn't have anything new and exciting to look forward to anymore. I was angry, and bitter. And it affected our marriage. We fought through it, and I realized why he was going out and having fun: because he missed me, and he didn't want to let himself wallow in misery. So, I decided that I would never feel sorry for myself again, and I got on with my life.
    But, you two have been together for 6 years, so I'm sure this will be just another small challenge to face head-on. Trust me, it will end. This is only temporary.

Johanna is my wifey!
  10. AKA: Jerseyatheart86

I'm sorry to hear that your not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon and that you aren't getting sick!

DB's MOS is Field Radio Operator. He is at MOS school at 29 Palms and should be graduating from there sometime in January. Supposedly he will be getting his orders for his first duty station in December. I hope your DH gets his orders soon so you can get that date that he is leaving here and he will be stationed next so you can get get your PCS on. Are there any certain bases that you guys are hoping to get?

When DB went to MCT, I didn't hear from him for the whole month he was gone. His combat instructor didn't let platoon write letters or make phone calls. Some guys wrote letters in the middle of the night but I know how much DB loves his sleep so of course I didn't get a letter. Once he got his phone back, the first two days were awesome. He was making an effort and everything. Now it's like he only wants to talk to let me know he needs me to send him something or to ask what his login information is for certain things. Some days are better than others though. I think you're right about too much talking can be just as bad as no talking. I guess it's just going to take a couple of more weeks to find a comfortable pace for us. Even before he enlisted, we were never ever big on talking on the phone. We would text throughout the day, not a lot though. We both had the exact same hours at work so we were able to see each other every day after work, so whatever important thing we had to discuss, we waited and talked about it in person. This is just gonna take work on both of our parts and it's gonna take time I guess. The irrational part of my brain is afraid that he is going to forget about me. I know that he won't and that I'm being crazy but it really is a big fear of mine. I've told him this and he says that it won't happen and that I'm being crazy. I'm just really looking forward to Christmas and seeing him again. I think it'll help the both of us a lot.

A friend of mine got engaged over the weekend and I texted him that I wanted a round piece of jewelry. He text me back and said "you do. It's round and silver and has my car keys on it. It's called a key-ring. Get it? I'm fucking hilarious." I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff. I swear I'm dealing with a two year old sometimes. It's just going to take more work than I thought I would which is ok. I know we can get through this, it's just going to be a bumpy ride it seems.

I hope you are feeling better!!! Thank you for the awesome advice!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast