Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JaneSays, will you be my LDL Pal?!

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

JaneSays, will you be my LDL Pal?!

Advertisements
    I am so grateful for you and your friendship. Thank you so much for everything you've given me: your time, your shoulder (virtual), you knowledge of this whole OCS process and your friendship. You are awesome.

And I'm kinda excited that we're on a similar time line to bust outta this town!!!

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Senior Member
    I am so glad you find all of my OCS tips useful!! It makes me happy that I can be a support for someone else through this crazy process. Thank YOU for all the encouragement! It's so nice to have someone to talk to

What day does your hubby get done? My moving date is tentatively set at Dec 22. 62 days to go!!

How's your day going?
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    I am so glad you find all of my OCS tips useful!! It makes me happy that I can be a support for someone else through this crazy process. Thank YOU for all the encouragement! It's so nice to have someone to talk to

What day does your hubby get done? My moving date is tentatively set at Dec 22. 62 days to go!!

How's your day going?
    He graduates () Dec 14th. We have to be in Texas and settled enough for him to start classes Jan 10th.

Today has been pretty good. They still haven't updated the OCS website with anymore pictures, but my energy and positivity is exponentially higher now that I just keep telling myself I just have to make it through til Saturday instead of only having December to focus on.

Hey btw: how are you moving all you stuff out there? Or are you going to craigslist a lot of it and start over?

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    He graduates () Dec 14th. We have to be in Texas and settled enough for him to start classes Jan 10th.

Today has been pretty good. They still haven't updated the OCS website with anymore pictures, but my energy and positivity is exponentially higher now that I just keep telling myself I just have to make it through til Saturday instead of only having December to focus on.

Hey btw: how are you moving all you stuff out there? Or are you going to craigslist a lot of it and start over?
    So glad you're going to see him Saturday! That's only 4 days, if you count like me (the day that you're on totally doesn't count, and the day that you see him doesn't count either). You can do it!! As happy as you are going to be to see him... trust me, he's going to be even happier to see you. I wish I could frame the expression on Jeremy's face when we saw each other after the first month...!

As far as moving, J already had to PCS to his new duty station. He graduated August 10th and had to be in CO for orientation on August 20th. He knew that going in, so his whole apartment for the most part was packed already. Then, he got a giant U-Haul and drove it to my place, and I loaded all my big crap that we decided to keep (a nice kitchen table and chairs, a bookshelf, and any boxes that I had already packed). It's already in CO. What isn't in CO must fit in my Honda Fit, leaving room for J's mom and my 17 pound dog

J's mom was sweet enough to offer to drive the first half of the trip with me, so she'll fly in and we'll leave around Dec. 22nd, stay in Nashville with J's aunt, and then drive to MO for Christmas with J's family where J will meet us. Then I switch J out for his mom after Christmas, and we drive to CO and live happily ever after!

Are you guys going to do a DITY move, or will you use TMO?
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    So glad you're going to see him Saturday! That's only 4 days, if you count like me (the day that you're on totally doesn't count, and the day that you see him doesn't count either). You can do it!! As happy as you are going to be to see him... trust me, he's going to be even happier to see you. I wish I could frame the expression on Jeremy's face when we saw each other after the first month...!

As far as moving, J already had to PCS to his new duty station. He graduated August 10th and had to be in CO for orientation on August 20th. He knew that going in, so his whole apartment for the most part was packed already. Then, he got a giant U-Haul and drove it to my place, and I loaded all my big crap that we decided to keep (a nice kitchen table and chairs, a bookshelf, and any boxes that I had already packed). It's already in CO. What isn't in CO must fit in my Honda Fit, leaving room for J's mom and my 17 pound dog

J's mom was sweet enough to offer to drive the first half of the trip with me, so she'll fly in and we'll leave around Dec. 22nd, stay in Nashville with J's aunt, and then drive to MO for Christmas with J's family where J will meet us. Then I switch J out for his mom after Christmas, and we drive to CO and live happily ever after!

Are you guys going to do a DITY move, or will you use TMO?
    Aww! That is such a sweet set up for the move that you guys have!!! I love it!

As for us-- I told DH he got his 1 "DITY" (unofficial) move out of me when we went from 2 apts to 1 house. So we're going through TMO. Apparently it should only be a 10 day turn-around (max) between submitting the paper work and getting packed. Of course, the whole Christmas holiday thing might make it a little more challenging. As soon as we get packed we'll push off for Texas-- driving in tandem and switching the dog off between us. (Although I have a feeling he'll ride with DH mostly b/c they have a special thing between them).

I'm so excited for this weekend. I like your counting method better than mine. I do count the day I'm on, but not the day I see him. I cannot wait to see the look on his face-- or just his face in general. I feel as though whomever is in charge of the website is personally trying to torture me with no updates! :gah

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. Senior Member
    Aww! That is such a sweet set up for the move that you guys have!!! I love it!

As for us-- I told DH he got his 1 "DITY" (unofficial) move out of me when we went from 2 apts to 1 house. So we're going through TMO. Apparently it should only be a 10 day turn-around (max) between submitting the paper work and getting packed. Of course, the whole Christmas holiday thing might make it a little more challenging. As soon as we get packed we'll push off for Texas-- driving in tandem and switching the dog off between us. (Although I have a feeling he'll ride with DH mostly b/c they have a special thing between them).

I'm so excited for this weekend. I like your counting method better than mine. I do count the day I'm on, but not the day I see him. I cannot wait to see the look on his face-- or just his face in general. I feel as though whomever is in charge of the website is personally trying to torture me with no updates! :gah
    TMO is such a good plan. J would've gotten TMO, but there just wasn't enough time. Instead, we got a giant U-Haul, attached his Jeep to a biiiiig trailer behind said giant U-Haul, and drove alllll the way across the country to CO in the cab together . Oh, and we picked up his 22 year old brother in MO on the last day, after a night of heavy drinking where his brother didn't end up sleeping. Matt ended up falling asleep on me about 30 minutes into the drive, exactly 35ish minutes after meeting him for the first time. Hahah. Quite the adventure. I like y'alls plan instead

As for the OCS website trying to torture you... it is. At least I was positive that's how it was for me. Jeremy was in like, 5 pictures the first 4 weeks. I keep seeing the same guys over and over, and no J And they were slow as molasses to update. Like, why have a website if you don't update it?!? But then they do post a picture, FINALLY, and you get all giddy and forward the link to everyone you know. At least that's what I did...

Alrightee, I'm off to go study and then watch the debate, and hopefully talk to DB some tonight too. Today was the first day back at school and my CrossFit gym since I came back from Boulder, and it was brutal. How was your day?? Did you mail the pictures?
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    TMO is such a good plan. J would've gotten TMO, but there just wasn't enough time. Instead, we got a giant U-Haul, attached his Jeep to a biiiiig trailer behind said giant U-Haul, and drove alllll the way across the country to CO in the cab together . Oh, and we picked up his 22 year old brother in MO on the last day, after a night of heavy drinking where his brother didn't end up sleeping. Matt ended up falling asleep on me about 30 minutes into the drive, exactly 35ish minutes after meeting him for the first time. Hahah. Quite the adventure. I like y'alls plan instead

As for the OCS website trying to torture you... it is. At least I was positive that's how it was for me. Jeremy was in like, 5 pictures the first 4 weeks. I keep seeing the same guys over and over, and no J And they were slow as molasses to update. Like, why have a website if you don't update it?!? But then they do post a picture, FINALLY, and you get all giddy and forward the link to everyone you know. At least that's what I did...

Alrightee, I'm off to go study and then watch the debate, and hopefully talk to DB some tonight too. Today was the first day back at school and my CrossFit gym since I came back from Boulder, and it was brutal. How was your day?? Did you mail the pictures?
    Haha... I can't wait to see a pic that actually has him in the foreground and where I'm not like, "Oooh I think that's his ear!" or some other ridiculously small sliver of body part.

I'm watching the debate tonight as well. And yes, I sent off the pictures of the furbaby and myself. I also got a pedi and had my bestie come over and redo my red highlights so I'll be good to go for this weekend. Just need to pick up some snacks for the boys and get waxed, and I should be good to go!

Ooh how was it going back to the gym?! I actually took today off because work was so crazy and I just needed to get out of there. I'll start back again tomorrow. It'll be a heavy leg day. Hopefully I'll be recovered by the weekend. What was the WOD today?

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Senior Member
    Haha... I can't wait to see a pic that actually has him in the foreground and where I'm not like, "Oooh I think that's his ear!" or some other ridiculously small sliver of body part.

I'm watching the debate tonight as well. And yes, I sent off the pictures of the furbaby and myself. I also got a pedi and had my bestie come over and redo my red highlights so I'll be good to go for this weekend. Just need to pick up some snacks for the boys and get waxed, and I should be good to go!

Ooh how was it going back to the gym?! I actually took today off because work was so crazy and I just needed to get out of there. I'll start back again tomorrow. It'll be a heavy leg day. Hopefully I'll be recovered by the weekend. What was the WOD today?
    Haha, oh just wait. There were pics of J and his platoon going through this awful obstacle through that nasty river thing, the Quigley. And they were painted and all covered with mud and crap and I was literally blowing the picture up and going... "no, that's not Jeremy. That guy bites his nails, so that can't be him." It's ok to call me crazy. I fully understand how stalkerish I am coming off right now.

You sound completely ready for Saturday I'm so pumped for you! Be sure to wear something feminine--I wore a dress, and not a particularly amazing one or anything, and J just about died. He still talks about that dress sometimes, haha.

Yesterday's WOD was tough. We worked up to a heavy single front squat, and then did a 15 minute AMRAP of: 3 front squats (@60% of our 1 RM), 5 pullups, and 10 v-ups. I was wiped, and I'm hobbling today, even with the fish oil I took last night/this morning. I just went for a light jog with my dog to try to take it easy/loosen up my muscles.

How was your day? Just gotta make it through three more work week days, and then you are off to see your man!!
  9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Today was kinda 'eh' for a lot of reasons, but around 7:30 this evening I was with my brother, my SIL, and 2 other friends at their house when my phone rang with DH's special ring. My heart first leaped for joy... then sank sickeningly because I know that the only time the get to use their phones is when something goes wrong during that first phase.

Me: "Omg are you okay?!"
    Him: Yes. [speaking very quickly in his "Marine" voice] This is business. Did we get paid this cycle?
    Me: Huh? Uh... yes. I mean, like last week sometime.
    Him: Okay. Gotta go. Call you Saturday.
    Me: I'M COMING UP THERE!
    Him: Okay. *click*

I don't know if me telling him I was coming up even registered in his head until after he hung up. I have this mental image of him holding the phone going, "Did she just say...???" Obviously, I just mailed off that letter so he hasn't gotten it yet.

Anyway, I hung up the phone started jumping up in down giggling so happy and then all of a sudden started SOBBING as if someone had just told me the worst news ever. I guess all the stress and pentup whatevers came pouring out as soon as I heard him. My brother and his buddy were like b/c they saw me go complete 180 in about 3 seconds. *lol*

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. Senior Member
    Awww, I'm glad you got to hear his voice!!! I have a special ring for J and I kinda feel like a stalker but whatev. I'm sorry you had such a dramatic reaction though. I'm prone to crying at the drop of the hat (when sad, scared, mad, frustrated, or extremely happy) so I know how that goes.

Ironically enough, I got an email from Jeremy during the week. It was a Sunday night after they had already been secured and I get this frantic email. Apparently he wasn't sure he'd get order in time to move the weekend he was supposed to and so he was worried I'd have to change my flight home. He didn't have any additional information though, so all his email did was stress and panick me for a week, and then it all ended up working out anyway. Any unexpected contact like that is the worst! As soon as I saw who sent me the email I immediately started freaking out, so I can only imagine what you felt like, hearing that ring tone!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast