Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: chicalelo and 907Kim October LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

chicalelo and 907Kim October LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Welcome to October!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Yay for October! Nice to "meet" you Lesley! How are you?

Johanna is my wifey!
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks Jojobanana for starting the thread. Hi 907Kim. It's nice to "meet" you too. I'm doing ok here. I'm getting over a cold.

How are you? What part of Korea is your DH?
    camandcmh, Love_my_airmanNP, and 867-5309 are my Sister Wives
  4. the siren that sings you home
    I'm doing okay. I thought I was done with my seasonal allergies, but I woke up with a sore throat again this morning. I'm about to pop some Zyrtec and go jogging. Yay....

He's in Yongsan. Where is your man?

How's NoVA these days? I lived there about 3 years ago. Fall was always really, really beautiful, but the traffic was terrible. I worked 10 miles N of where I lived, and it always took me like 30 minutes to get there, and (going S) took me an hour to get home. Not fun at all. I'm sure traffic is the same,

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. I feel much better today. I've been taking Benadryl so hopefully I will be back to 100% by Friday. I hope you feel better too.

My DB is at Camp Humphreys. Have you visited Korea? How long is your DH's tour there?

Traffic is definitely still the same here in NoVA. It was great during the summer. I could get to work in 15 minutes. Now that the kids are back in school, it sometimes takes me up to an hour to get to work. And don't let it rain here when you are heading to work. You know people can't drive past 5 miles per hour in rain.

I see that you like hockey. I usually root for the Caps. What team do you root for? Do you think there will be a NHL season this year?
  6. the siren that sings you home
    Thanks! It's just all that fall crud in the air I guess. I feel better after the allergy meds, but I hope that whatever bug you have is gone by Friday! Do you have any exciting plans this weekend?

I haven't visited Korea...yet. We are planning a trip for me to go in March, because both of our birthdays are towards the end of the month. I think it would be amazing to spend some time over there and do some sightseeing with my husband. DH is there for a year long TDY. He should be done in May . We will most likely be getting our orders for our first PSC this month, which has me going completely bonkers with excitement
    Have you gone over to visit yet? Would you want to go if offered the chance?

Thinking about winter in NoVA just made me laugh out loud. I remember one year they had to shut down the city (basically) because it snowed over an inch. I was born in Alaska, and I couldn't understand how 1 little inch would be so bad...But, like you said, no one knows how to drive in inclement weather. Some things will never change.

I sincerely hope that there will be some hockey to watch , but at this point I'm not thinking it'll happen until like November. I like the Caps as well, but have rooted for the Avalanche since I was younger. It was always the team my older brother liked, and I wanted to be cool like him

Johanna is my wifey!
  7. Senior Member
    I don't have any exciting plans this weekend. I'm looking forward to having Monday off. My dad may come into town on Saturday. Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

I haven't visited Korea and I don't think I will go over. I really don't like flying. I would have to get over my fears to visit. I've flown on a few flights over the years. But I can't relax, sleep, or get up from my seat during flights. I would probably flip out after 18 hours on a plane.

I'm a March baby too. Hi five for that. I wonder where you guys are PCSing too. Do you have a dream duty station?

Were you talking about the Snowpocalypse/Snowmagedon? That snow kept me home from work for 2 weeks. I was fine until the electricity went out. My niece and I made a "Blaire Witch Project" type of video when the power went out. I tried to reenact that girl's crying scene with the running nose. I heard we may have a harsh winter this year too. I hope not because I honestly can't drive when ice is on the ground.

Supposedly the first 2 weeks of NHL are cancelled.
  8. the siren that sings you home
    March babies are the best babies. Obviously.

I never have exciting plans. I pretty much just wake up, work out, study, cook, clean, and sleep. Everyday. I'm trying to get all my Personal Training Certs done by December, so I am doing everything that I can to make that happen. That, added to the fact that I moved down to TX to live with my Grandma so I don't really have "friends" here my age...I don't get out socially much anymore. I'm glad that you get Monday off. Gotta love Columbus Day

True, that flight is brutal. I don't normally sleep well either, but I will more than likely slip myself some benedryl and drool on whoever sits next to me.

For the longest time, we both dreamed of living in CO. But, some guy DH can't stand (that outranks him) just got stationed there, so he wants no part of CO anymore. Men are funny that way. So, he put down Ft. Drum, Ft. Campbell, somewhere in Hawaii, and JBER (for some reason he wants to be stationed back home in Alaska). He also had 1 more CONUS and 1 more OCONUS choice, but he said he can't remember what he wrote. Again, men are funny that way. Who knows, though. EOD guys are kind of spread out.

I don't remember anyone losing power that time. It may have been 4 years ago. School was cancelled for a day, and there were an obscene amount of accidents on 95. Sounds like what you were describing was much worse. At least you made the best of it. Awesome time to make a funny video. That is a seriously funny scene, though. DH and I did the snot-scene thing once while we were outside playing in the snow back home.

Johanna is my wifey!
  9. Senior Member
    for March babies. Good luck completing your personal trainer certification by December. It's good to have goals while they are gone. My goals while he was gone were to get my Project Management Professional certification (completed in Dec '11) and to finish the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge. I still have another 8 books to read. I think I can finish the challenge if I can stop watching Netflix and playing my Xbox. I'm currently addicted to Lego Indiana Jones.

That's cool that you get to live with your Grandma. If she's anything like my grandmothers, then she's hilarious and has lots of stories. You could try to meet some ladies off this site. Or find some local meet up groups if you were looking for a younger crowd.

I laugh out loud thinking about the person that will have to sit beside you on the plane. That's funny.

I hope you guys get a nice duty station. Hopefully not the one in CO. My DB is supposed to come back here with someone that gives him a hard time too. So I understand the feeling.
  10. the siren that sings you home
    Netflix and video games...story of my life DH got me into Skyrim, and that has eaten up like 100 hours of my life in the last two months. It's disgusting (but awesome). Reading is a great hobby though. What genre is your favorite? I love historical fiction, and biographies. Something about the past has always fascinated me.

Grandma is hilarious and full of stories. She's so spunky. Her neighbors are all equally old, weird, and funny. I don't mind the older crowd, I guess. I mean, I want to use my certifications to work with senior citizens. I worked in a gym for three years, and most of the clients were older. I have more patience with them. That, and I have no interest in training body builders or extreme athletes. I could always try to get "out there" more often, but I guess while DH is away I've become more introverted. Have you met anyone from here in person?

When will your DB be done in Humphreys? When will you two see each other again? DH and I will be meeting up in our hometown in December, and that has both of us feeling pretty excited. It will be nice to be able to spend some time with him, in person, and not have to worry about work, studying, duty or anything else.

Johanna is my wifey!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast