Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 907Kim and KylaLynn September LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

907Kim and KylaLynn September LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy September!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Kyla! How are you? Woohoo for September!

Johanna is my wifey!
  3. Senior Member
    ! I'm doing okay. Went to the dr Friday, turns out I have bronchitis "/ so that kinda sucks. How are you? It looks like we have quite a few things in common.
  4. the siren that sings you home
    Boo! I'm sorry you have bronchitis. That is not fun at all, especially on a holiday weekend. Get better soon!
    I'm doing okay, other than the fact that I am still awake after midnight. I'm gonna be all sorts of tomorrow. Ugh. Oh well, it's not like I have to do anything, really. Just wake up, feed the dogs, run, and study. I can handle that on 5 hours of sleep, right?
    The only thing I can knit is a scarf. Like, the worlds longest, curvy looking scarf Best of luck to you if you pick up some knitting needles this month, that's all I have to say. To be honest, I don't think I'll be learning to crochet this month. I am planning on doing something crafty, though. I'd like to put a shadow box together (or something framed). We'll see what I get around to
    I don't know a whole lot about the Navy, so this is going to be a good opportunity to learn. Bear with me.

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    Ummm yeah, I don't see the knitting thing happening well for me... Lol. You can totally make it on 5 hours! (If you sneak a nap in, ) I loveeee doing crafts and I think we are going to try and do a few of them this weekend. I'm pretty excited.

So how are you? I'm sure you are probably sleeping right now I am at work unfortunately, but its a pay check!
  6. the siren that sings you home
    I might have to nap. I feel all sorts of productive though, which is nice. I'm doing okay. I've been awake since 7. Did a nice jog, fed the dogs, had 1 cup of coffee. Now I need to do laundry and vacuum the upstairs. And then I will nap, because I feel a little like a zombie.

So I just noticed you make those paracord bracelets. Of course you are a crafty person. I can't even being to tell you how not-crafty I am. It's something that I would like to learn though, because eventually I'll have children that I'd like to keep entertained. Like I said, though, this week I am going to try and put a shadow box together. My mom sent me a wonderful Anniversary card, along with some really awesome stationary, and I would really like to keep it forever I've been searching the internet for days, and I can't find any examples, so I'm just going to wing it.

What would you like to do with your Criminal Justice degree? What's your dream job?

Johanna is my wifey!
  7. Senior Member
    Hey! I could have sworn that I replied . But I was on my phone so it has the tendency to not want to go through sometimes.

I LOVE crafts I just made a small shadow box for my adviser at school who was leaving. They are awesome to make to because you can pretty much put anything and everything you want in them. Do you have a pinterest account? I love it! And they have a whole section on crafts and DIY projects that can help you get started

I have my AS degree and right now I am using that with my Security job, but when I get my BS degree, I really want to work in a lab of some sort. I like the forensics of things and chemistry.

How are you? Are you having a good week so faR?
  8. Senior Member
    Oh and Happy Anniversary!!!!!! (I know, I'm late :/ )
  9. the siren that sings you home
    Thanks Kyla! My anniversary was wonderful, and this week has been really awesome. DH really spoiled me, and we've talked/Skyped more this week than ever before. I know it's because he misses me...It was hard to be apart this year, but we now know that we can weather any storm, and that's good to know
    Best thing of the week? I found out that we'll be seeing each other in December. We're from Alaska, and we will both be flying home to spend the holidays with each other and our families. I am so excited!! Hearing that today just gave me all the strength to make it the next 3.5 months. This will be the longest stretch we've had to go through (7.5 months) since we became LD. We've been lucky so far, and have seen each other every 3-4 months. At first, the thought of going 7.5 months was scary, but now I know we'll be okay.

I totally forgot that I could use Pinterest for DIY projects! I usually go on there for humor, and recipes. Thanks for reminding me that it has other purposes. I just did a quick search of shadow boxes and got some awesome ideas to use for my "Anniversary Box." I'm looking forward to making something that DH and I can someday put in our very first home together. There were also super cute ideas for babies rooms...which I don't need to be looking at but I couldn't resist. I am so baby-crazy these days

I think working in a lab would be a lot of fun! I had to go through a section of bioenergetics while studying to become a Personal Trainer, and I really loved all that cellular stuff. I was never big into science or anything in school, but now I think all of that is fascinating. If I didn't want a family so bad, I could see myself going back to school and getting some sort of nerdy degree

How is your week going? Any plans for the weekend?

Johanna is my wifey!
  10. the siren that sings you home
    Hi Kyla! I hope everything is going okay, and that you're weekend was wonderful!

Johanna is my wifey!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast