Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contra & happenings August LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Contra & happenings August LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy August ladies!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)

Hi! Welcome to August! How are you today?
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  3. Senior Member

I'm doing well! I'm house/dog sitting for my parents this week, so I've been sitting by the pool all day. How are you?

4. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Niiiiice. Sounds very relaxing! I love dogs, what dog is their's?

I'm alright, today is a "meh" kinda start to the month... Volunteered at a bunny shelter (I do this weekly), did a lot of work. Went shopping for a cheap purse from TJ Maxx, they had a great variety but the customer service was horrible Still thinking about whether I should keep the purse I got. Now I have a lot of little work I have to get done!

I saw on your questionnaire that you're looking forward to seeing your DH for the weekend When is that, may I ask?
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

5. Senior Member
    They have so many dogs! There are two border collies (Ross and Robin), a rat terrier (Flip), and a terrier mix (Willie). They're all sweethearts and super laid back. I'm also babysitting my brother and sister. They're in high school, so sweethearts they are not

Aww, a bunny shelter! What kind of work do you do there? And I'm sorry the customer service was so bad! If it's really bothering you, you could always contact the management there. What kind of purse did you get?

I just saw DH this past weekend It was great! I'm hoping to see him for another weekend...maybe over Labor Day?

How is the rest of your week going?

6. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Dogs are amazing though, glad they're not causing too much trouble for you! Hahaha, high school kids can be crazy, I know because I was recently one Hope they don't drag you into any trouble!

I usually just do a lot of cleaning and maintenance for the cages and pens, occasionally I do feeding as well. It's all unpaid volunteer work though, I don't have time to get a job right now, but volunteering there is quite flexible and I can get experience for the future, whatever I decide to do. I'm really bad about customer service things... still figuring it all out, lol. I got an olive grey "Berlin Bagg" by Baggallini, It's super cute Definitely been looking for something like this for a while to bring on trips and stuff. It's the perfect size and material.

That's wonderful! if you don't mind me asking, why are you two LD? I hope August flies by fast for you so you can see him again come Labor Day, then!

The rest of my week will be mostly routine. I have a lot I have to get done this month before school begins and I fly to DF's graduation. Mainly school things, art things, and trying to make some money for the trip. And working out... Hope I can keep to that! How about you? What are your plans?
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

7. Senior Member
    My high school experience was SO different from my brother and sister's that my head is spinning from all the stuff they have to do.

DH and I are LD because he's in Texas for A-school. It was only supposed to be for a few months, but it got extended since they have the reserves go through class first. Since DH is active duty, he had to wait a whole month before starting class

What is OSUT? Is that...basic? Or a part of it? I don't know much about the army, only what I learn from Army Wives and I don't know how accurate that is When is your DF's graduation? I'm so glad you get to go! And where does he go for AIT?

Your purse is really cute (I googled it)! The shoulder strap would be super handy when traveling, especially when you want to have both hands free.

Your week sounds busy! I'm babysitting for the rest of the week, but while I'm here I have to clear up some school things (one last class!) and knitting a bunch of hats to donate.

8. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    You mean, getting in trouble? Or academic things?

That sucks... So, hopefully over in November right? I hope so too. OSUT is "One Station Unit Training", which is combined Basic and Advanced, they only have it for some MOS's. He's done with the Basic part and is currently in his second-to-last phase He graduates on the 31st, and gets to go home because he's reserve, so I get to spend a couple days with him. Not much, because of school, but still more than I could ask for!

Thanks! Glad you approve I'm still a bit bummed about the missing strap, but honestly the handles are long enough for it to stay on my shoulder, and if the bag was stuffed I wouldn't want it banging against my hip anyway. I can deal with it...

Woo, glad you're almost done with school then! Are you currently taking that last class, or is it for the next semester? I tackled my workout today, so I'm good. Time to mail stuff off for ebay and get to work! (While secretly being distracted by MSOS!)
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

9. Senior Member
    Both!

Yep, end of October! I don't know if I'll make it out for August, but I'm hoping mid-September. Plane tickets are ridiculously expensive

Ahhh, he graduates the 31st! That's so exciting I know the questionnaire said you guys have always been LD, but do you live kind of near his home? Even though school is starting soon, I hope you get to see him a bit more when he gets back!

It's a class for the fall semester. I already went through the grad ceremony, but I still have to present my thesis and finish up this last chem class. I wasn't able to get into summer school. What classes are you taking? Have you picked a major yet?

10. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Yeah, they're expensive alright... Tickets to DF's graduation amounted to so much, but we're trying to work it out. That's really the only big expense when we come see eachother, it's those times I irrationally wish I owned a private jet or something Good luck!

Nah, our cities are 1600 miles away. He's come to visit once, that was the first time I saw him in person. It's easy to find places to stay (even with my unwelcoming parents lol), plane tickets are the big wall that we have to climb when we want to see eachother. But thanks! I hope so too, I think he'll be making one more trip over during the schoolyear before I move other there for good

What is your major? I'm finishing gen ed at a community college to save money before I move out next summer. I have to begin applying for transfer soon... very nervous. I'm taking five classes this semester: studio art, psychology, calculus, economics, and literature. Pretty well-rounded "general ed" classes I'm not sure what I'll be doing... right now it's between pre-vet/wildlife studies or clinical psychology.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast