Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: danik & 907Kim July LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

danik & 907Kim July LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Have a great second half of 2012 ladies!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    Hi there! I'm Kim. I'm super excited. Your my first LDL Pal!

Johanna is my wifey!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hi! We're both army wives. Yay!
    I'm honored to be your first LDL pal You might be my last for a while. My DH just went to Washington state last week. Waiting to see when I can join him.
    What's up with you this month?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  4. the siren that sings you home
    Oooh, that makes this month all the more special.
    So, you're almost done with the LDL thing, how exciting. I'm jealous. I still have another year (at least).
    I just moved down to Texas from my home in Alaska to spend some time with my extended family. So, this month I'll need to adjust to living in this super hot, humid state
    I saw in another post that you and your DH recently married. Congratulations!

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks! We kind of decided to do it spur of the moment. He's been talking about wanting to marry me since December. We've lived together for over a year. When he was on leave he asked when I wanted to and I told him soon. He said he wanted it to be special for me-that he was afraid I would resent him later if we did a courthouse wedding or something. I only would have a wedding for our families. I'm not really into them. So we decided to get married now and have a wedding next year for our anniversary.
    I think we hurt a few people's feelings not telling them about it. We just wanted something simple for us. No afterparties, no get togethers or celebrations. We just wanted our time to ourselves right now. We figured telling a bunch of people would turn into an event. We told his mom and my mom and his mom invited his grandparents. I still haven't told everyone. Just my immediate family, my best girlfriend, a few pals at work and the ladies here! People are asking for pics, but I'd rather wait until after our wedding.
    Texas sounds like a huge change from Alaska! How long were you there? Wow-what a month to move too! It must be boiling there!
    Is your husband deployed or you just can't join him now?

― Nelson Mandela
  6. the siren that sings you home
    Spontaneity makes life fun! I went the same route, more or less. I told all my family that I DH and I were getting married on a beach, and that it was our day. We didn't really want anyone there, and my family was very understanding. DH, on the other hand, didn't tell anyone and we had to deal with quite a few people who had hard feelings. Even now, 9 months later, his aunt brings it up every time I talk to her. Oh well. We're married, and we did exactly what we wanted to do. That's how your Wedding Day is supposed to be, right?
    Now that I'm married, I love everything wedding (Go figure)! The dresses, flowers, centerpieces, music, etc. I would love to plan a reception for all of my family to celebrate with DH and I. We were thinking we could do it on/around our 1st anniversary, but now that he is in S. Korea, who knows when we can party with everyone. Hopefully you have fun planning everything. At least there is less stress, because either way you're married to the man you love.
    DH is TDY in Korea for the next year. We originally had orders for a 3 year accompanied tour there. We are an old-fashioned couple while were dating and have never lived together, so I was super excited for a new life together in a new country. But, a week before he was scheduled to get leave to come home, things changed. It was a major bummer for me. I had already started downsizing our things, and cleaning house. So, we decided that for the next year I would head to Texas to stay with my Grandma and help her with her house.
    I was born in Alaska and lived there off and on for 18 years. I love the heat. I'm a big weirdo like that. So, this weather is fantastic! Now, ask me again in a few months and I might be singing a different tune,

Wow. I wrote a friggen' novel
    How long have you and your DH been Long Distance? Were you born in OH? Have you traveled to Washington before?

Johanna is my wifey!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh that sucks that they got your hopes up about moving with him and then you couldn't. I would be so upset!! I'm with you on the heat too. Everyone around here is complaining right now and I love it. I love humidity too. I could live in a rainforest
    I had lunch with my MIL today. She said she didn't understand why we were having a wedding if we were already married and DH is an atheist. I told her we weren't doing it in a church...it was an event for the family. Like a vow renewal. She seems to think it's a waste of money. A lot of the reason I wanted one was for her. He's her only child. I thought she might want that
    I hate planning events. I told her that today. I'm a terrible hostess. She says she likes to plan. I think my taste doesn't match my budget so I get frustrated.
    I love the idea of a beach wedding. I live across the street from Lake Erie (seriously could throw a frisbee in from my window). I love being by the water. I thought about doing that too. Still not sure. I have to talk to DH about what he wants. His mom threw some ideas out there today.
    DH and I have been LD since the end of October last year. The longest I've went without seeing him was only a couple months though. He got HBL during basic for 2 weeks, I got to go to that graduation and the one for AIT and I flew to AZ twice to see him during AIT before graduation too. Then he got to come home for leave for almost 2 weeks after that. I feel lucky compared to a lot of the girls here. I know I have to get used to the idea of going longer. I hear he'll be on nine month deployments (PNN info...)
    I'd have a hard time with being separated for a year. Can you join him after the year is up?
    I had a crazy day. My truck broke down on the freeway ramp. Some guys were super nice and directed traffic around me and pushed me to a gas station. They wouldn't even let me buy them beer or anything to say thank you. Then I realized a car shop was right next door. Hooray! I had to get picked up by my boss, then leave work early (no one wants to come at 2:30 am like I was scheduled) But I think everything will work out. Those guys were awesome for helping me out and the guys at the shop for taking me in after hours.
    I've never been on the West coast at all before. DH says it's pretty, but overcast. He said the gym on base is friggin amazing though so I'm super happy about that! I need to find some MMA type classes out there. I want to take BJJ. What kind of gym stuff are you into?

― Nelson Mandela
  8. the siren that sings you home
    A rainforest, eh? I'd be okay with that, minus the bugs. I've become such a girly-girl in the last two years This morning, I ran for the first time since I got to TX, and the humidity just about killed me. I'll need to get used to it, but I love it.
    That's surprising that your MIL doesn't seem interested in the renewal. Maybe she'll get more excited about it as time goes on. I think a renewal on the beach is an excellent idea, and it'd be relatively easy to put together (IMO). Plus, you'd have great pictures as long as the weather cooperates. Our Wedding day was rainy and windy (thanks Tropical Storm Lee), so we don't have many pictures at all.
    If things go well, DH and I will be able to live together at his next duty station. We just need to wait to see where his orders send us. The Army can't keep us apart forever, right? DH wants me to see about planning a trip out to Korea at some point this year. I haven't traveled to a foreign country in 9 years though, so I have no idea where to start planning.
    I'm a complete gym-rat. I especially love spin classes, and weight lifting classes. However, I'm gym-less now that I live in TX. So, most of my workouts are my own creations. At the moment, I am training for SPARTAN RACE™ | Spartan Beast obstacle course race in Glen Rose, TX - an obstacle course race in Texas. It will be the first actual, competitive event I have ever done and I could not be more excited about it. My brother will be doing it with me, so I'm stoked. That's awesome that you are into MMA stuff. Man, I secretly love fighting. I think it would be awesome to get into all that. DH and his brothers are all wrestlers, and watching them spar is just cool.

I'm sorry to hear about your day! At least someone stopped, and you were about to get the truck in the shop. There are still nice people in the world.
    Do you have any exciting plans for the 4th? It looks like I'll be at a family BBQ, which should be pretty fun. Wine, brisket, and grilled corn on the cob.

Johanna is my wifey!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That race looks so fun! I suck at running, but I love obstacle courses. I wanted to do Tough Mudder this year, but I couldn't find a battle buddy. I would just do it to get through it, not a chance of me really trying to compete! Good luck!! I did the Warrior Dash with DH last year. It's a lot smaller of an event but it was really fun. The last obstacle was wading through mud under barbed wire though, and he got mud in his eye, put his head up too fast and caught a wire in the face. He had to get 11 stitches and we spent most of the night in the hospital. Be careful! I might try to get into the Warrior Dash II this year
    I love fighting in theory, like when it's for fun. I don't seriously want to get beat up so I probably wouldn't compete in Muay Thai, but I wouldn't mind to compete in BJJ. I have more of a natural talent for that. I've only had limited training in it. I took one class and I've taken MMA classes. MIL won a free month at the gym I met her son at (coincidence-it was at a benefit dinner) and said I could use it so I might take another month of BJJ. Or I might just do MMA again since it covers a little of everything.
    I hope you guys can live together at the next duty station. Do you have any ideas where that might be yet? Or any places you guys might like to go? It would be awesome if you could go to visit him in Korea! Have you been there before? I've never been anywhere overseas. MIL wants to take me to Mallorca this year though. I just got a passport application
    That's too bad you didn't get any wedding pics! DH just texted me one of our kiss. It was so bad I'm pulling away and he's trying to hold my hand and I'm not reciprocating. Oh man. I'll never live it down. It was just awkward. That's not usually how we kiss. And we don't usually have an audience.
    The guys at the shop were super nice. They only charged me $23! That was a welcome surprise.
    I'm going to my dad's for a cookout tomorrow. I don't really eat meat so I'll have to bring something else for the grill. Maybe veggie kabobs. Then I work. Tonight's my holiday. Time and a half. Hooray!

― Nelson Mandela
  10. the siren that sings you home
    I'm not the best runner either, but I'm working on it. Luckily, from what I've read, most people end up walking between obstacles, so that gives me hope. My plan is to train for a half-marathon, since the race is only 10ish miles I'd be prepared. Now you have me all scared about barbed wire! I guess I'm thankful the Spartan Races have first aid stations, lol. The Tough Mudder looks awesome. I don't know much about the Warrior Dash...hmmm, this opens up a whole new world of things for me to do.
    Go for the BJJ, if that's what you feel passionate about. I bet all that keeps you in great shape. I loved going to the gym with my DH when he was home... We definitely motivate each other to do more, and I love that. Will you and your DH work out together?
    What a great Wedding picture. That's too funny You gotta practice kissing on command, now that ya'll are married. You know people will be hitting their glasses with spoons at your reception. DH and I don't care at all whose watching. We're big on PDA, Maybe it's because we hardly ever see each other.
    Yay for time and a half! Gotta love it. Make that money!! I hope you enjoyed your day. I'm feeling sorta down today, so hopefully spending time with my family will help.

Johanna is my wifey!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast