Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: skp & Contra July LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

skp & Contra July LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Have a great second half of 2012 ladies!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    how are you? Do anything fun this weekend?

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
  3. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Hi! Nice to meet you
    I'm currently visiting family in Vancouver. Today is Canada Day (like their Independence Day) so there were some festivities! Also had a short, bittersweet phone call from DF, who is in OSUT... Missing him
    How has your weekend gone?
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  4. skp
    Hi!

Got your info sheet...I'm in la right now visiting man friend who is here finishing his masters in architecture. Anything I have to see/do/eat? What part of town are you from?

I joined this site because I was dating an army boy. We had met in college and are still friends so if you have any questions I can try to answer them.

What do they do for Canada day?

starsinthesky is my PAL
  5. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Got yours too! Architecture does sound fun I live in the South Bay area. The weathers great now, so I definitely recommend the beach, if you like hiking, Palos Verdes has some great trails. Venice and Santa Monica have great culture, places to walk around and check out during the day. Definitely visit The Getty or the Getty Villa if you have time and like museums. If you like shopping I would visit The Grove or 3rd St Promenade in Santa Monica. As for food, there's so many places... What would you like to eat? If you do go to the Grove, they have a very unique open-air market with some great food places, so I recommend that!

Hm, Canada Day... They had a lot of festivals, go out, drink, some fireworks too, but not as many as we do in America... All in all they just get very patriotic its all good fun. We are leaving for Banff National Park in the morning. One thing I'm definitely not used to up here is all the cold and rain, even in July!

Btw, thanks for the advice offer how are you and MF?
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

6. skp
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. We've already done a few of those things, like the grove and promenade. I love Santa Monica. I think today we are going to orange county because there's a motorcycle shop on the way & mf is getting me a helmet.
    Later on we are going to the Getty center...it's supposed to be a surprise but I saw man friend looking up the hours and he's been telling me he wants to take me to his 'special place'.
    Things are going well with him, I've been here for 5 days and we aren't sick of each other yet!

I like to eat everything. I'm always willing to try new types of food.

I hope you have fun in banff. I love it there but I've only been in the winter for skiing. how often do you get to talk to your df?

starsinthesky is my PAL
  7. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. We've already done a few of those things, like the grove and promenade. I love Santa Monica. I think today we are going to orange county because there's a motorcycle shop on the way & mf is getting me a helmet.
    Later on we are going to the Getty center...it's supposed to be a surprise but I saw man friend looking up the hours and he's been telling me he wants to take me to his 'special place'.
    Things are going well with him, I've been here for 5 days and we aren't sick of each other yet!

I like to eat everything. I'm always willing to try new types of food.

I hope you have fun in banff. I love it there but I've only been in the winter for skiing. how often do you get to talk to your df?
    Awww when DF came to La to visit me, I took him to the Villa because it was MY special place! glad tou're having fun and getting along with each other. If you stop by Koreatown I recommend some Korean Barbeque! If you like sushi, I reccomend Salura in Culver City for an expensive ish but delicious place.

Well, were really in a tour bus around the Jasper and Banff areas. So far it is beautiful! Much like California but wetter and greener. Very rainy though.

DF usually gets a few letters to me each week and we get to talk on the phone every Sunday for a bit, since he is in Basic. I got a call on Sunday, short and bittersweet... I told him I didn't want him to send me letters to my aunts address here where I am staying because I was afraid for the cost and if it would go missing. But he heard how much I missed him and he said he'd surprise me

Sorry if there are any typos, I'm on my phone!
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

8. skp

I am back at home now so my responses will be quicker
    Any mail yet?

starsinthesky is my PAL
  9. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I'm still out in the Canadian wilderness... I will be back in the city on Saturday though, so hopefully I will find out then! It's beautiful here, but I just want to share it with DF
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

10. skp
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I'm still out in the Canadian wilderness... I will be back in the city on Saturday though, so hopefully I will find out then! It's beautiful here, but I just want to share it with DF
    I know how you feel. I hate being back at work today and not at the beach with manfriend.

starsinthesky is my PAL
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast