Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: thenewlaura & danik June LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

thenewlaura & danik June LDL Pals

Advertisements
    I hope you ladies are having a wonderful summer!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. Senior Member
    Hi Danik! I'm Laura....as if my sn didnt give that away LOL

I your profile. we have some things in common for sure. I am also divorced with no kids. Love love love animals. Cats are my preferred pet.
    I love traveling and have always fancied perfume bottles. I don't know what it is about them.

"I love you gorgeous and I'm so happy you are mine."
    Our Day Has Come
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hi Laura! I'm Danielle Do you have any pets then? I am down to two right now. I have been called a crazy cat lady. DB lived with me for about 4 months before he realized all the paintings in the living room were cats... I warned him! How are you today?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  4. Senior Member
    lol i always thought i would be the crazy cat lady but i have only ever had two cats at a time. my two boys are Vegas and Nevada and they currently live with exhub but i get to see them weekly. i moved out and couldnt take them with me. but once i move in with DB (about a year and a half) i will bring them along.

Vegas is red and white and Nevada is gray and white.

I am doing pretty good today. its been busy at work. we extended our hours so it is a little draining while i get readjusted.

how has your day been treating you?

Our Day Has Come
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Aww! Your kitties are sooo cute!!! I'm glad you'll get to take them back. What kind of work do you do? I work third shift at a hospital. I really like my job. The hours could be better. It's cold and rainy here today. I just got back from Arizona on Tuesday. I spent the weekend with DB. I miss him again already! But I'll be flying back out June 12 to see him graduate AIT. He has FTX starting today so our contact will be limited for a little while.
    He FINALLY found out yesterday that his paperwork got signed off for him to get into jump school. Now he just has to hope they find a slot for him. It's a little nerve wracking that he doesn't know where he's going after AZ yet. It's weeks away! I'm moving with him but I don't know where to look for jobs or apartments yet. If they find a slot we'll go to NC and he has to go there right away. If they don't he comes home for two weeks then we move to WA. Big difference!! I hope he gets a slot. He really wants to go airborne and to train with his buddies. I'd like to know where I'm moving....

― Nelson Mandela
  6. Senior Member
    Thank you! I love them so much. They are no related but they love each other so much.
    I am leasing coordinator at a residential property complex. I am actually looking to pick up a third shift job at a hospital how funny! Any suggestions on what a girl can do without a degree at a hospital that late? I want to bank as much extra money as possible so that DB (Phillip is his name) and I are in a good financial place when we start our life together. I am also looking to go back to school and get my associates degree before I leave NYC for VA.
    That's exciting that you got to see him! I am sure you had a blast. I get to see Phill this weekend We are going on a little road trip...as my ticker says LOL. I know what you mean about missing them immediately. It really sucks. Last time I left him it took me two weeks to bounce back. June 12 is so close though so that is wonderful!
    Oh man not knowing is the hardest! Especially when you need to change jobs and find a place to live. I hope they tell you sooner rather than later. Which state are you guys hoping for? I have been to NC once for my cousin's wedding. It was nice. I am actually from GA so I love the South. Phill has lived in WA before and is hoping that is where he is sent next. He really really loves out there. That's where he wants us to settle and start a family.
    Last edited by thenewlaura; 06-01-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Our Day Has Come
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    for getting to see your man soon!! I hope your road trip goes good. I'm sure it will! I don't know all the jobs that there are at night but I know the registration people work around the clock and I don't think you need a degree for that. They mostly receive people in for ER and get all of their info into the computer system. If you are near a big hospital they may also need people to work in the food service and cleaning areas. Some jobs there require certification but not a degree. Like our phlebotomists had to take some classes and get certified to draw blood but it is not a long program. You would be able to demand a higher starting wage and would have more job security so if possible you may want to look into something like that? Our hospital offers tuition assistance to full time employees so maybe you could even start as registration and get to go to school for free?
    I hope for NC for a couple reasons. First of all (my comma button doesn't work today so pardon my horrible sentence structure!!](nor does my end parentheses...] that will get DB on the career path he wants to be on quickest. Also I prefer a warm climate and it will be a much closer first move for us. We have been discussing marriage [he had me show him what rings I like last weekend ] and I would prefer to make a big move after we are married and have a little experience with this military life under our belt. I also think he'll get deployed pretty quickly and it would be easier for me to visit family while he's gone if I'm just a couple states away. Plus we have to move his car and WA is a helluva long drive!
    It also seems like the housing is cheaper and there's more opportunity for employment in my field in NC. I've always wanted to live in the Carolinas for a little while. A lot of DB's friends are going there. He isn't really friends with anyone that's going to WA.
    Washington will be ok too though. I'm up for whatever. It will be a little more challenging to get there and get settled but it will be an experience. I heard the base there is nice.
    What do you want to go to school for?

― Nelson Mandela
  8. Senior Member
    Yeah I am pretty excited. We both are really. He couldn't sleep last night.
    We are going camping and such so you may not hear from me until Thursday but I will try to get online and check in.

Those all sound like great options. Thank you. I will keep it in mind. The ER receiver was what I was thinking. Or data entry. I could sit there all night and type. I hope I can find something. I wouldn't mind cleaning either...it would keep me on my feet and moving which would good since I probably won't have much time to exercise.

Well then hopefully you guys get NC. It's important to be near family while going through a deployment. And it looks like NC will be best for him too. So I really hope you guys get that.

for the ring shopping!! That is so exciting!! DB has mentioned it before. His step mother has a "Vault" as they call it and I am to look in there and see what I like. we shall see when the time comes. I am in no rush. My divorce is still kind of fresh. But he is definitely the one. Hopefully the Navy doesn't push us to get married before I am ready. If he gets stationed overseas, I would want to be married so we can live together because I don't want to live in a foreign place without him next to me at night. And I would of course prefer the safety of living on base.

So what my ultimate goal is to become a medical examiner or pathologist. So I am going to just get my associates now that way I am have way to my BS in Biology when I get planted where ever DB and I end up. He will get new orders shortly after I get to VA so I don't want to start school until I find out where we will go if anywhere (he could just stay in VA).

Our Day Has Come
  9. Senior Member
    What is your dream vacation: Fiji or somewhere that I can explore reefs and rainforest

I have always wanted to go to a rainforest and explore the wildlife.

I also saw your comment about cake decorating. I have always secretly wanted to own a bakery. I love making truffles and experimenting with baking.

Our Day Has Come
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ooo! I would love to be a medical examiner. Dr G used to be one of my favorite shows

I think cake decorating would be fun. I've kind of daydreamed about making wedding cakes as a part time job. I could be creative and share in other peoples' special days. I think it would be fun. I can decorate the cakes and you can do the wedding photography! We could totally have a little business
    I think there are group rates to those types of vacations...we should start a travel club here for when our men are deployed. When we get enough people to get a group rate we can all go vacation somewhere cool. It seems some women get a little bitter that their guys are out seeing the world while they're home waiting for them. That way we can have our adventures too! It would be a good way to pass some time and give us something to look forward to while they're away.
    I hope you have a great camping trip! You don't have to worry about trying to contact me-forget about me! Go have fun with your man!!
    I was supposed to help DB's mom clean stalls this weekend but she said she doesn't need me. I'm actually kind of bummed. I was looking forward to seeing her. We'll have lots of time to hang out soon though since we're traveling together and rooming together for DB's graduation. We usually hang out at least once a week but I haven't seen her for a couple weeks. I miss her!
    DB is in the field now for training so I don't know when I'll hear from him again. I'm just going to focus on selling things on ebay and working out to keep me busy. And I don't have a night off work until Friday so I should be plenty occupied! Maybe I'll get my book finished this week. I was trying to do that fifty-two books in fifty-two weeks but I am faaaar behind that goal!
    When do you leave-tomorrow?

― Nelson Mandela
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast