Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bookworm & danik May LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Bookworm & danik May LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Have a lovely month ladies!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hi! We're both scientists..
    What's new with you?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  3. Senior Member
    hi!
    I've never done one of these 'pals' things, so you're my first!

Hmm. not much is 'new' with me these days. I got laid off from a non-profit research company a while back, so I spend a lot of time looking for a new position. Super frustrating, but I try to stay positive about it. How long have you been a lab tech? I've only worked in research labs before. Was getting the certification hard? maybe that's something I should look into!

I just started dating DB about 5 months ago, and haven't had any exposure to military anything prior to that, so I'm still getting the hang of jargon and acronyms. Luckily since he's in Germany, I don't have to worry overmuch yet about etiquette or anything.

anything exciting happening in your life?
    -Moe

How shall I elude on foot one who chases me on wings?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Just got done skyping with DB And his roommate kinda...since he was there.
    I have been a tech almost 3 years. The certification wasn't too bad. They make study guides for it that I think really help to prepare you. Some of the classes I had to take for my degree weren't super fun, but they are probably along the same lines of what you've already done.
    My mom is actually working on the same degree now, so I've gotten to brush up by helping her out. You have to keep up on your certification too. Every three years, you have to submit 36 hours of continuing education credits. My work pretty much sets that up for you to do. We have required competency tests that count and if you volunteer to go for training that counts. They flew me to Delaware to learn about one of our chemistry analyzers for a week and I got 24 credits just for that.

I didn't have any experience with anything military related before I met DB either. I've been kind of trying to learn as we go. He told me if I marry him, I'm pretty much marrying all of his friends in the army too... So I guess I'd better figure it out!
    Most exciting thing in my life is preparing to move with DB this summer, maybe next month. I thought I knew where we were going, but now he has a new training possibility so that may change. I'm a little nervous about how this is all going to work out.

― Nelson Mandela
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hello! I've had a really good week so far! I hope you have too!

― Nelson Mandela
  6. Senior Member
    yea, I've been keeping busy over the last few days!

Went out for trivia night on Thursday. My team almost got 2nd place, but we choked at the very end

Last night we had a party at my apt for my roommate's girlfriend, who's leaving to start school in DC. I can tell my roomie's worried about being long distance for the next few months, so it was kinda nice helping talk her down. I made sure to remind her I'm distance too, so she's always got someone handy to talk to!

and soon I'm headed to my college roommate's apartment, where she's having a chill cinco de mayo, drink-and-grill-on-the-porch night. Another friend of mine is throwing a huge raging party right near me, and while that might be fun, I'm just not up for a crazy party tonight, you know?

How bout you, any fun cinco de mayo plans?
    -Moe

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sounds like you've had a lot of fun! Your roommate is fortunate to have someone close to her that understands what she's going through. It can be a very tough adjustment. Is your trivia team an ongoing thing, or just something you do sometimes for fun?
    I'm working tonight. And every night until next Friday.
    I had fun this week though. I hung out with DB's mom Thurs and Fri. We had Mexican and went horseback riding on Thurs and got sushi, pedis, coffee and went Bath and Body Works and shoe shopping yesterday. She invited me to go to Spain with her later this year!!
    Then DB texted me last night and asked if I could get off Memorial Day weekend because he might be able to buy me a trip down to see him
    It's not for sure yet, but I hope so!!
    I hope you have a fun Cinco de Mayo!

― Nelson Mandela
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Happy Monday! Hope you had a good weekend!

― Nelson Mandela
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danik View Post
    Then DB texted me last night and asked if I could get off Memorial Day weekend because he might be able to buy me a trip down to see him
    It's not for sure yet, but I hope so!!

That's pretty sweet if it works out! I really hope you can.

I've been thinking about DB all afternoon, because I've been putting together a care package for him. He's about to put on Captain, so I got a whole bunch of captain related things for him. Of course, after I taped the heck outta the box and had it all squared away, I realized I forgot to put in a flash drive, which was one of the more important parts!
    luckily I only had to open one flap to squeeze it in there.

Our trivia thing the other night was the first time this group had gone, but it seems we'll be making it a regular thing. We were kicking but up until the very end!

Sounds like your DB's mom and you are very close. How often to you see her? Would your DB be going to spain as well? (and how cool is that?!?! so exciting!) I only just met my DB's parents a couple weeks ago, when he was home for a bit. So nerve-wracking! He's an only child, so I feel like his mom will never think I'm good enough, though he said she liked me.
    -Moe

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The trivia team sounds fun! I'm glad you remembered the flash drive before you sent the cp-that's always so frustrating when you don't think of something until it's too late. I have to mail a shirt separately that I couldn't find when I sent DB's cp last week. At least I found it today. It's important to him and he thought he might have lost it.
    DB's an only child too. It is nerve-wracking meeting the parents for the first time. His mom and I hit it off right away pretty much though. She's really nice and we have a lot in common. She knows too that I talk to him every day so she can use me for info
    She and I usually hang out once a week to every other week. I think we're going to try to make riding a regular thing though. She's offered more than once for me to come live with her. Her husband is gone for months at a time for work too, so we're kind of in the same boat.
    I don't know if he would be able to go with us to Spain. It would be awesome if he could. I have a feeling he'll be deployed by then, unless he goes to DLI. His training's kind of up in the air right now. He's trying to get into jump school right now.
    He sent me money today to book the trip!
    So it's all set now. I'm super excited!
    Any fun plans this week?

― Nelson Mandela
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast