Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haleyscomet & Dr.VinoVet March LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Haleyscomet & Dr.VinoVet March LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy March!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    Hey Pal! I'm Haley, happy March!

3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    How are you?
  4. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    I'm good, how are you? Anything big happening for you this month?

5. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleyscomet View Post
    I'm good, how are you? Anything big happening for you this month?
    I am sleepy! It's Friday, it's raining, and all I wanna do is go snuggle in bed. But I need to study for finals .

Yea, I might have something this month. I might be getting married. I think we are. So yea, that'll be nice. Haha (notice the eh attitude? Well I don't want to feel like I'm getting married. We are having the big, real wedding next august, so I want this legal wedding part to geek as mundane and boring as possible. This is strictly paperwork.)

But I get to see MF over spring break!!!

How about you? Tell me about yourself!
  6. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I am sleepy! It's Friday, it's raining, and all I wanna do is go snuggle in bed. But I need to study for finals .

Yea, I might have something this month. I might be getting married. I think we are. So yea, that'll be nice. Haha (notice the eh attitude? Well I don't want to feel like I'm getting married. We are having the big, real wedding next august, so I want this legal wedding part to geek as mundane and boring as possible. This is strictly paperwork.)

But I get to see MF over spring break!!!

How about you? Tell me about yourself!
    Haha, I know that feeling! When do you have finals? When is your semester over?

That's very exciting! Congrats! I understand what you are say, but I bet deep down you are excited still! Do you have everything planned out for the August wedding? What do you still have left to do? What do you have planned already?

Wooooo! I get to see DB over spring break, also! So excited! I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. How long has it been since you've seen MF?

Feel free to ask me anything! I'll start off with the usual, boring things, haha. I'm 21, I've lived in California all my life. I'm currently going to community college, getting my general classes out of the way! I have 2-3 classes left, depending if I end up dropping the physical science class that I am currently in, which is seeming likely. I will be transferring to a university after, most likely out of state, where I will pursue a major in Elementary Education. I work for two radio stations where I get paid next to nothing but I actually love what I do. Lastly, as of today, I've decided to start learning sign language, haha.

Tell me about yourself!

7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I am a 24 year old veterinary student currently (and unhappily) living in the state I have dubbed sad-hio. I am originally from NY, went to undergrad in upstate NY and then moved out here to go to vet school so in 2 years I get to be a veterinarian! Which I love. My profession is my passion. I love doing surgery, giving meds, dealing with clients and all that. Its the best job ever.

I have been with MF for almost 8 years, almost 7 of which have been long distance. First is was LD due to college, then LD due to my schooling/his job. And we have 2.3 ish more years of LD to go. Yay! ()

My finals start not this coming week, but next week, so on the 12th? Whatever that monday is. We arent actually on semesters, we are on quarters, so thats why finals are so early.

As for the wedding, well, we have a venue which includes food, booze and cakes, so thats all taken care of. Besides that- nothing. Our wedding is gonna be back home in NY, and seeing as neither myself nor MF live there now, its kind of hard to plan LD. I will be back home though this summer, which is when most of the planning will occur.

Tell me about your guy! What branch? How long has he been in? How long have you been together? Etc...
  8. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    Wow, what a strong lady you are, being able to get through all that LD! It'll be amazing when you two can finally be together all the time! Do you see him often?

OHHHH! Okay that makes total sense then. I should have considered the fact that you could have been on a quarter system. At the first community college I went to, we were on a quarter system. The one I am at now is a semester system. I honestly think I prefer the quarter system. But I also preferred the other community college too, haha.

Well that's a lot to have out of the way. My brother and his fiancee are getting married next year and so far they have the venue, but they haven't put the deposit down on it, haha. So they are behind you, especially since the place doesn't take care of all that. It must be nice, a weight lifted off your shoulders!

Wellll DB is in the army, he's been in for 6 years and has two deployments under his belt. We've been together for 2 months, known each other for 4 years, and we've been really getting to know each other for 6 months. He is my best friends cousin and he is one of my best friends. He is actually about to re-enlist for another 6 years, going into Special Ops. It is going to be quite different from what I am use to and an adventure for us both. He will be PCSing to either Fort Bragg, Fort Hood, or Fort Stewart and I may move to wherever he does.

How long has MF been in the marine corps? Does he plan to be a lifer? What else can you tell me about you two?

9. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Well since we are doing the wedding LD as well (LD from both of us), I want to have it all done by THIS august, so next year I wont have to deal with it. Hopefully over spring break I can interview one florist and a spa for my make-up and hair. I'm interviewing a lot of people for everything to find the best of the best.

MF has been in for 1 1/2 years. He is DEFFO NOT a lifer. If he was, I wouldnt be dating him. My career doesnt really work with constantly moving, and never having a set plan, and my career goals were in my life before MF, and I would never change them for a man. Luckily, he wanted to do his 4 years and get out.

About the 2 of us? Well, we met in high school at a party. He was supposed to be a one time hook up deal...yea, cut to almost 8 years later. EPIC FAIL. We are both waspy people from NY/CT (me NY, him CT) who love J Crew, boating, shopping (me), golf (him). We both love a good political or social argument, so sometimes we will argue with each other while taking a view point we actually disagree with, just to think about things more.

I grew up around and in NYC and the suburbs. I am a big city working girl and I love it. I love a glass of red wine with dinner, I love to cook, I love to decorate my home and I love to shop. I love fashion. I was in a sorority in undergrad which I looooved.

MF did ROTC at a medium sized catholic school in PA (Villanova). Lucky for us our colleges were only 3 hours away from each other so I could drive to see him, or him to see me, once every month or so. Now we only get to visit once every 2 to 3 months. Lucky for us, our parents still buy our plane tickets for us to see each other, or it would be less than that.

MF and I love to travel. We have been around the east coast together, Paris and London and plan to do a LOT more when he gets out of the military.

PHEW! What about you guys?
  10. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    That makes sense, get it all done and then you can just relax and get even more excited! That's probably the smartest idea I've heard from anyone planning a wedding. Seems like most people kind of wait too long and then it's all a bis stress mess.

Well we met in 2008, my ex was coming home from a deployment and so was he. We didn't really talk just introduced ourselves and that was it. Then I went to visit Missouri in 2010 and we saw each other again. We still didn't really talk and whatnot. Then about 6 months ago he was deployed and he was having a rough time, my best friend (his cousin) was telling me about. So I decided to get up the nerve to write him on FB and just say that I was here if he ever needed to talk. We started talking a ton, got really close and then hung out Dec 27th when I flew out to Missouri. Then we became official!

Yeah, that makes sense! DB is probably going to end up a lifer, he's about to re-enlist for 6 more years so by that time he will have been in for 12 and then I know he's going to be like "might as well finish up here." Haha. Which is fine with me, I'll make it work!

I've lived in California my whole life. I pretty much hate it. I can't wait to move somewhere else. I love to bake, horseback ride, work at my job, go to concerts, etc. Music is pretty much my life. He loves fishing, drinking beer, and he's not super close to his family. I'm really close to my mom and hate beer, haha. We love going to movies (horror especially), going to random places, going out for food, and just doing whatever. We like to get up and go, we are pretty restless people.

DB graduated high school and then joined the Army, which was his dream since about 8th grade. He comes from a military family. We're pretty far apart with him being and Kansas and me being here but we are making it work. That is so nice that your parents can buy tickets for you guys. Especially with this economy, plane tickets are insane!

Wow, that sounds like a ton of fun! DB and I want to travel together, it'll be nice when we finally can. So far I've just been to a bunch of different states, I can't wait to see a different country. DB and I talk about traveling all the time, the only countries he's been to are the ones they had him stop in for deployment, haha. We both need to get away and see the world! Have you two thought about where you want to go for your honeymoon?

I don't know what else to say about us, haha. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast