Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Renzo14 and navykels January LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Renzo14 and navykels January LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy New Year!! Have a great month!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. Senior Member
    hi new pal! i'm kelsey
    hope you are having an awesome start to the new year
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

3. Senior Member
    Hey there, I'm Tori it's nice to meet you too how are you doing today? My new year has been pretty good so far, I just got back home yesterday from celebrating with some friends.
  4. Senior Member
    my day has been great so far, haven't really done much though. i'm planning on cleaning and writing a resume...exciting right? haha. what did you do for new years? i just hung out at home with some friends and we made an appetizer feast and watched the ball drop.
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

5. Senior Member
    That's basically what I did for new years. I hung out with some friends I hadn't seen in awhile, ate some food, and watched the ball drop. Nothing fancy, but it was still a nice night.

Writing resumes huh, that should be fun lol I haven't updated mine in forever and I am not looking forward to the day when I have to. Today I'm going out with a friend to the mall to hopefully return her Christmas gift. I lost the receipt, so we'll see how this goes. Other than that this is just a lazy day for me.
  6. Senior Member
    yea new years was fun
    do you have any new years resolutions?

i'm looking into getting a summer job so i need to update mine and start applying. i am totally having a lazy day too. my dog is just chilling on the couch with me at the moment. i think i'm going to try and make plans this week to go to a big mall an hour away and spend some christmas money on some new outfits for the new year. i hope the return works out, sometimes they do let you return stuff anyways.

7. Senior Member
    I have a few resolutions I am hoping to stick with; Raise my GPA 2 points to a 3.7, start seriously looking into graduate/Med schools, find new interests, be happier, and stop being lazy. So yeah, just a few goals for the year. I'll be happy if I manage to follow through on any of them. How about you, any resolutions?

My trip to return the gifts went well, aside from the fact that everything I bought went on sale immediately after Christmas so I only got half my money back But it's better than nothing, so I cant complain much.

How is your resume going? I should probablty start looking into summer jobs and internships too, I usually do nothing all summer and honestly I'm tired of it. Maybe if I start looking early I will have more luck.
  8. Senior Member
    I am aiming to just lead a healthier and happier life I know that sounds super vague, but it's true. I am totally with you on the stop being lazy part. I feel like there were days in 2011 where I accomplished absolutely nothing. I totally think you will follow through on yours this year! also, I am going to try and take a picture a day and see how that goes, like that Project 365. Let's see how January goes and go from there........lol

That totally stinks that you couldn't get full price back on the items you returned since you paid for them full price, but yea like you said better than nothing.

My resume is going alright. It looks kind of bare, but I have ever only had one job so far. In high school I worked at a local pizza place and thats actually where I met DB. I'm looking at getting a job at a summer program at the YMCA to work with kids. I'm determined to do a lot this summer and not be blah like past years haha. We should both totally make plans on doing something awesome this summer.

9. Senior Member
    Yeah, most of my 2011 was spent sitting on my butt while on my computer, so I definitely want to change that for the new year. I was thinking about trying out yoga, or something like that to be more active. Idk, I'm sure I'll come up with something. That picture project sounds like fun, I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with it everyday haha But good luck! I bet it would be great to be able to look back and see a picture from every day of the year.

I agree, maybe we should add "not have a blah summer" to our resolutions. I have a work study job at school now, but that means absolutely nothing over the summer. The YMCA sounds like a good idea, I wonder if there is one around here. I was thinking about volunteering at a retirement home or a hospital. I'm leaning more towards the retirement home, mainly because I like old people
  10. Senior Member
    Same here with the sitting on my butt on the computer a lot in 2011. I am going to try and get in shape and DB is gonna help me by making me a workout plan that I have to stick to, his orders lol. My goal is to run a 5k this summer.

For the first 4 days of Jan. I have pictures so far so looks like I'm succeeding so far! haha. We will see how the rest of the month goes.... thanks for the luck, I think I'll need it.

Yea, no blah summers this year at all. I've realized it's a lot better to have more stuff to do, especially since DB has to deploy again in June. (of course right around when summer starts) So I don't wanna do nothing all year again, and sit there sad in my house or outside. I think volunteering at a retirement home would be great, especially since you like old people. They have lots of awesome stories to tell. I remember some of the funny ones my grandma has told me, like how she met my grandpa who was in the army

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast